Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CCI: The Sergio & Mark Show

Longtime collaborators Sergio Aragonés and Mark Evanier brought their annual "Sergio and Mark Show" back once more to Comic-Con International, bringing with them a host of guests and news of "Groo Vs. Conan."

Full article here.

Aragones is a treasure, but that hardly needs to be said.

I liked the allegory in Hogs of Horder; frankly it would make great reading for fourth-grade social studies.

I think the Groo Panel is one of the few things I really miss about not being able to attend the SDCC.

I have had the oppertunity to attend two Sergio Aragones / Stan Sakai panels at MCCC which were both extremely enjoyable events.

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Thumbs down

ARAGONES: "Discussing the possibility of a Groo/Usagi crossover, Aragonés said that it would probably never happen, explaining, "I don't like anachronisms." He noted that they are careful to avoid contemporary humor and dialog, keeping Groo in a distant past, and all the situations rooted in a naturalistic reality; "the problem with doing a crossover with Usagi is, he's a rabbit."

Was this said jokingly? Because if not its THE stupidest reason I've ever heard for not doing this crossover.

I can see Groo trying to kill off Usagi within various moments. Still two great men on two different but equally fun independent comics.

Oddball Cartoonist! Scott Shaw!'s Avatar

Exclamation

Excellent article, Gentleman Jim. I'm sure you gave CBR far more than its money's worth and I hope that Jolly Jonah compensated you with lots of solo time aboard the official CBR Yacht -- moored just offshore of the convention site -- with an ample supply of his left-over hookers, hard drugs and explosives.

Alohahaha,

Scott!
    http://www.shawcartoons.com
    -----------
    SCOTT SHAW! presents ODDBALL COMICS:
    http://www.scottshawsoddballcomics.com