Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Krul Enlists The A-Team For "Teen Titans"

When his run kicks off in "Teen Titans" #88, J.T. Krul says readers will see an A-list roster including fan favorites Superboy and Kid Flash and that he has big plans for the team well beyond the 100th issue.

Full article here.

I'll give it a shot, but I still think it would've been better to keep at least one of the new post-issue 69 members. The "A-List" characters don't just exist. They get that way overtime as the character is given a chance to grow and readers are given an opportunity to appreciate them.

At least nobody can complain that there aren't any minorities on the team. ;)
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 08-02-2010 at 09:15 AM.

I see Tim probably won't be in, but I hope Aquagirl and Miss Martian appear.
    Dan DiDio RUINED Transformers Forever

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...scap2ar0-3.png

Space is disease and danger wrapped in silence and darkness.

Don't ruin Bart, please.
    "Call me Kid Flash - and get your big 'S' handed to you! The name's Impulse!"

Young Justice - accept no substitutes.

I look forward to the new old team, I couldn't care less about the characters leaving except for Jamie (but he's over in JLI so it's cool). Hopefully Vic will join them eventually, I can't tell whether or not he's actually in the JLA.
    Stacks on stacks on stacks

Other than Lorena, I couldn't care less about the others leaving.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

BANNED

WTF is Krul talking about when he says he wants to return to A-list and Heavy Hitters who made Young Justice so Great. Raven, Beast Boy, and Ravager were never on Young Justice neither was Damien or current Wonder Girl. And I laugh at him, if thinks Ravager and Robin are heavy hitters compared to Static or Blue Beetle or Ms. Martian. Static beat the crap out of Ravager while drugged up. Also how are some of these characters more more A-list then Static, he had a tv show for godsakes. Some aren't even more A-list then Blue Beetle especially after his appearances in Brave and the Bold.

BANNED

They got rid of all the recognizable minorities and put I believe two half Asians on the team. One of whom Ravager isn't obviously Asian at all. And Half Asians in the real world tend to look more Asian then they do white.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    WTF is Krul talking about when he says he wants to return to A-list and Heavy Hitters who made Young Justice so Great. Raven, Beast Boy, and Ravager were never on Young Justice neither was Damien or current Wonder Girl. And I laugh at him, if thinks Ravager and Robin are heavy hitters compared to Static or Blue Beetle or Ms. Martian. Static beat the crap out of Ravager while drugged up. Also how are some of these characters more more A-list then Static, he had a tv show for godsakes. Some aren't even more A-list then Blue Beetle especially after his appearances in Brave and the Bold.
    Current Wonder Girl was on Young Justice. Did you even read that series?
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Yeeeaaah, looks like I am still not buying Teen Titans. I've read Krul's stuff, and I don't see why people were so excited to have him on this book. BN: Titans wasn't my cup of tea and his Arsenal/GA stuff has been terrible.

The line-up is boring. The mission statement? "Preparing to be the JLA!" is meh.

Young Justice worked so well because the team was friends first, a Super-hero team second. And that's what every incarnation of the Teen Titans since then has lacked.

Moar fail, do not want.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

KInda Bummed that Miss Martian won't be in the book and looks to be dead, but I'm excited anyway. JT might make the book readable again.

You're waaaaay off on WG not being in Young Justice. In fact she was the leader of Young Justice for a while because Robin was trying to keep up the myth of Batman and Robin just being urban myths.

Also A-List does not equal heavy hitter. Batman will never be a heavy-hitter by nature of the character but you can't deny that he is, if not the #1, but #2 A-List character in all of comicdom.

I am excited for this.
    Skaddix attacks again!

They got rid of all the recognizable minorities and put I believe two half Asians on the team. One of whom Ravager isn't obviously Asian at all. And Half Asians in the real world tend to look more Asian then they do white.
    What? Ravager's half-Asian by her mother. It's just that she's never EVER been drawn as such. I actually have a huge problem with that by the way because it's almost as if no artist realizes that she is in fact half-Asian. So she will continue to look 100% caucasian.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    What? Ravager's half-Asian by her mother. It's just that she's never EVER been drawn as such. I actually have a huge problem with that by the way because it's almost as if no artist realizes that she is in fact half-Asian. So she will continue to look 100% caucasian.
    I think she's a 1/4th Asian. I think her mother was supposed to be half asian or something. Nicola Scott said something about drawing her like Amy Acker in order to look her look less WASPY and more exotic, so I find that heartening.

I wish they would've left Static, Martian, and Beetle, but at least Aquagirl and Bombshell are gone.