Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default ww manga blah blah

blah... yeah yeah i know this is all old hat, i just wanted to put it all in one place and get it out of my system.

last month i sent dc a manga ww pitch, here it is with some secret plot stuff redacted. yay, i guess.

ben, you never cease to amaze me. This looks like it would be great fun!
    Keep faith. Trust to love. Fight with honor. But, fight to win. - Gail Simone, Wonder Woman

Author, Task Force: Gaea (Available on Amazon.com)

thnks aegis! but half got cut off:

also, this didn't make it into the final pitch, but it was fun to draw — and imagine a "holliday girls" comic where they travel the world and dig up curses and mad robots and all that junk! or don't. it's your imagination, jerk.

ALSO also, as some of you know there is a facebook cause for the manga thing, if you are bored (and i know you are since you are reading this):

http://www.causes.com/causes/501854/about

Wheres my invisible Tiger Spiffy's Avatar

It may be old hat, but its still good reading (just the pitch alone, I mean).

Certainly that manga format isn't something DC's tried with the character before (your own previous work came the closest).

I also think your concept for Etta is hilarious (in a good way, I mean), and the Dr. Psycho interesting.

Steve and Bruce Wayne look a bit alike... but I'm guessing that's deliberate, yes?
    Last edited by Spiffy; 07-31-2010 at 08:38 PM.

I really wish DC had accepted this proposal.
    "Teal is just very quotable"
    - thwhtGuardian

I'd read this! And I'd buy a copy for the library, too.

Great work, Mr. C.!
    "Change their minds, and change the world."

I want this story. Now.

I wonder why they rejected this it looks awsome

"That. Was. AWESOME!"

I'll take two, please; one for me, one to donate to the local library.

Thanks for sharing your imagination and talent, Mr. Caldwell.

Hmm, I think I still have some postcards around here somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I wonder why they rejected this it looks awsome
    Might have something to do with DC shutting down its manga imprint completely.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

You brought the paddle back! Thank you for showing us your pitch Mr. Caldwell. I really like the images you have drawn, but I am also really interested in the information on the characters and the format of the story as well. Eris seems very cool, and I have a feeling her hands do something freaky. Did you plan to ever use Dr. Poison again in your story?

More than anything, I really feel like the pitch for your story creates a world just for Diana (with Bruce Wayne as the one exception). I am not getting my hopes up, but I would think that DC would appreciate your ability to make people interested in both Diana's world and old Wonder Woman issues in much the same way as Grant Morrison and Geoff Johns. Heck you were even able to make my little brothers and sisters somewhat interested in Wonder Woman, which is quite an impressive feat. Especially my brothers, since they are under the impression that Wonder Woman hates men.

AmericanWonder that is a great idea! I am certainly willing to send some postcards to DC. It worked (I think) for issue 600 and maybe it will for this too. I am sure that DC loves positive feedback and interest in their products, and something about this reminds me of the poll to decide if Jason Todd should live or die.

Sorry for the long post, but I do not usually post very often so when I do, I usually explode with words. Oh and before I forget, thank you for the response Ben. I kind of stopped looking for your response after a few days, because I felt I may have been a little overzealous and possibly offended you. Anyway good luck to you, and I hope to see more work from you in the future.

Sounds very good Mr. Caldwell.

Including a popular character like Batman is a smart move, and the comparison acceptance of Bleach amony young women was also a really smart statement.

I'd hope they listen to your advice about the price point and accessibility issue as well.
    Last edited by Free-Man; 08-01-2010 at 05:27 AM.

Loves the ignore button jason_w's Avatar

Thumbs up

I really don't care for Manga, but I would definately buy this!

Interesting, beautiful, and fun.

You should try DC again with this, maybe they'll change their mind.

http://www.myspace.com/louise_robeys_creeps

Quote Originally Posted by jason_w View Post
    I really don't care for Manga, but I would definately buy this!

Interesting, beautiful, and fun.

You should try DC again with this, maybe they'll change their mind.
    I'm with you Jason, I have always hated the animay/manga stuff, I judt don't like it! But I will buy any and all things to support Diana!
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

=W=
    (*_*)\m/
    =W=

Some thoughts from the iPhone, Mr Caldwell, so excuse the brevity and occasionally misautocorrected word. The main selling point of this, from a corporate level should be the audience goaty potential (manga readers converting to tpbs, if not singles); unusual shelf space (out of the local comic store ghetto); the entirely untapped young girl target market (though this is pointless if there isn't other DC stuff for them to enjoy); and, with that target market, the ease of generating press (especially on the back of recent WW press).

You could ask make some "animated market noises", but I reckon that might be a bridge too far.

Still, good luck. I really hope they pick it up, as WW (princess who everyone loves) is a perfect match for the market, and you'd have to drop a lot of balls to fail. (Though, of course marketing visibility plays into that).