Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CCI: Kevin Smith

The ribald and always hilarious Kevin Smith returned to San Diego this year, leading to many fans ignoring tired feet and dinner in order to see his ever popular one man show discussing sex, plane rides and more.

Full article here.

Sorry, Kev, but I haven't forgiven you for 'Cop-Out'. And that's after forgiving you for a LOT.

My anger may have cooled by the time you're done Red State, though...we'll see.

Like him or not...you have to agree Smith is an awesome story teller. He's funnier than most comedians out there right now. Have doubts?...watch his "Evenings with Kevin Smith" DVD's.

Me, I love all his movies. He even admits that he can't direct a full blown action movie and he's more about dialogue.

Now I haven't seen Cop Out yet but [FYI] he only directed it...he didn't write it. Cop Out was written by Robb and Mark Cullen.

>

Quote Originally Posted by firefly13 View Post
    Like him or not...you have to agree Smith is an awesome story teller. He's funnier than most comedians out there right now. Have doubts?...watch his "Evenings with Kevin Smith" DVD's.

Me, I love all his movies. He even admits that he can't direct a full blown action movie and he's more about dialogue.

Now I haven't seen Cop Out yet but [FYI] he only directed it...he didn't write it. Cop Out was written by Robb and Mark Cullen.

>
    I respect your opinion but Smith hasn't matured as a filmmaker. He has stated countless times in various film magazines that he isn't the same guy as when he did Mallrats and needs to grow up. He hasn't though and that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Inception08 View Post
    I respect your opinion but Smith hasn't matured as a filmmaker. He has stated countless times in various film magazines that he isn't the same guy as when he did Mallrats and needs to grow up. He hasn't though and that's the problem.
    Yup...I agree, his recent movies seem to be on par with his past ones. I still dig them but I hope Red State and Hit Somebody will make your opinion change.

>