Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 'Supernatural': When angels and demons die, where do they go?

I've been thinking of this for a while now.

In Supernatural, it's stated that demons were once human, a long long time ago. They were killed humans who, after spending ages in Hell, have transformed into demons. But when you "kill" a demon, someone whose already dead and has become something far from human ... where the heck do they go? Ever since Ruby's Dagger and the Colt became more and more used, I'm just wondering where's the logic in that if there is any. Do they repeat the whole "get punished and become a demon" cycle?

I'm assuming it's the roughly the same cycle with the angels.
    Last edited by Puunk; 07-26-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puunk View Post

In Supernatural, it's stated that demons were once human, a long long time ago. They were killed humans who, after spending ages in Hell, have transformed into demons. But when you "kill" a demon, someone whose already dead and has become something far from human ... where the heck do they go? Ever since Ruby's Dagger and the Colt became more and more used, I'm just wondering where's the logic in that if there is any. Do they repeat the whole "get punished and become a demon" cycle?

This is one of my favorite show but the fact that this hasn't been explained lead me to believe that once the Demon got taken out by the Colt,Dagger, or Sam they were just gone, didnt return to hell or anything just merely did not exist anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    This is one of my favorite show but the fact that this hasn't been explained lead me to believe that once the Demon got taken out by the Colt,Dagger, or Sam they were just gone, didnt return to hell or anything just merely did not exist anymore
    They go to super-hell
    Has to remember his suggestion for the traitor game

#17! RED/MRF/NKA/AMD/RZL/SHP/RHN/MIB/VF/ALC/ NWG/MN/HW

can you crack the code?

Quote Originally Posted by Redem View Post
    They go to super-hell
    Damn, that was my first thought! Beat me to it.
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

Quote Originally Posted by Redem View Post
    They go to super-hell
    which is ruled by this guy...

lol... nice. I think they just go to oblivion, same as the ghosts the boys put to rest when they salt and burn the bones.

Quote Originally Posted by xnef1025 View Post
    lol... nice. I think they just go to oblivion, same as the ghosts the boys put to rest when they salt and burn the bones.
    Was it said the ghosts go to oblivion? I assumed they went on to the shows afterlife...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Was it said the ghosts go to oblivion? I assumed they went on to the shows afterlife...
    I can't remember if it's outright stated somewhere or just implied at the beginning of season 2 when Dean meets the reaper chick. She seemed to indicate that spirits only get the one shot of moving on by choosing to go with the Reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by xnef1025 View Post
    I can't remember if it's outright stated somewhere or just implied at the beginning of season 2 when Dean meets the reaper chick. She seemed to indicate that spirits only get the one shot of moving on by choosing to go with the Reaper.
    That's right.

The Reaper came to Dean and told him that spirits had a choice; whether to come with her, or to stay. Staying would cause them to become a spirit. Going with her would take them to Heaven or Hell - that was evident when she took the spirit of that little boy that was haunting his mother for about a week after convincing him that the other choice was much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post

that is my thought too, sucks yet rocks when eternal beings can be fought off and killed, not jsut banned...good concepts XD.

Masked Bat-Mod RonnieThunderbolts's Avatar

I assume they simply cease to exist completely, no further afterlife or return to any point in a cycle. John said the whole point of the Colt was that it didn't send demons back to Hell, but simply destroyed them. It seemed pretty final to me.

In Supernatural, it's stated that demons were once human, a long long time ago. They were killed humans who, after spending ages in Hell, have transformed into demons.
    I didn't know that. So are there no fallen angels turned demons? For that matter, are all the angels former humans too? Actually, I think that's pretty much in line with the doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses. Or maybe it was Mormons. One of those, anyway.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I didn't know that. So are there no fallen angels turned demons? For that matter, are all the angels former humans too? Actually, I think that's pretty much in line with the doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses. Or maybe it was Mormons. One of those, anyway.
    It said that in the episode where Dean and Sam are hunting a coven of Desperate Housewives-like witches. The head witch/demon reveals that Ruby (Blonde Ruby) was one a witch long time ago - Dean asks her if all demons were originally humans like she was, and she replies with a "yes."

I'm assuming it's the same with the angels I guess. I wonder where all of them came from. Michael and Gabriel and Lucifer are stated to be God's creation, the others, aren't.
    Last edited by Puunk; 07-27-2010 at 12:08 PM.

I think they simply cease to exist.
    It said that in the episode where Dean and Sam are hunting a coven of Desperate Housewives-like witches. The head witch/demon reveals that Ruby (Blonde Ruby) was one a witch long time ago - Dean asks her if all demons were originally humans like she was, and she replies with a "yes."

I'm assuming it's the same with the angels I guess. Spending ages in heaven could do that to you.
    The angels of the Supernatural universe are all created by God, as they were never given any other explaination for their origin and they all seem to universally refer to him as "Father". The demons are all said to be human souls that got tortured until they became demons. Lilith was "Lucifer's First" said to be the first demon ever.... so, I guess the Devil just tortured her until she became the first demon, then when a new souls came rinse, latter and repeat with new demons doing the torturing until we see the Hell that we know of today.
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 07-27-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Masked Bat-Mod RonnieThunderbolts's Avatar

I'm assuming it's the same with the angels I guess. I wonder where all of them came from. Michael and Gabriel and Lucifer are stated to be God's creation, the others, aren't.
    They've specifically referred to the cause of Lucifer's problems with God coming directly from God asking the Heavenly Host (angels) to submit to humanity, to love them above God. Also, they mention how Anna was changed when she became a human from her Angel form, and it was portrayed in such a way that makes it seem as though she had never lived as an human before.

As Holy Spirit said, the Angels weren't human, they were all created by God.