Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CCI: Day's End: The Webheads On "Amazing Spider-Man"

After a historic 100 issue run, the "Brand New Day" era of "Amazing Spider-Man" comes to an end. We looked back with the title's writing team and got some hints about what's to come with the next era.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Waid
    "Fun" Fact: My least favorite Spider-Man story that I did was the two-parter in which Peter blew his photography career. (Issues #623 - 624.) Not because I thought it was a particularly bad story - it was beautifully drawn by Paul Azaceta - but because, in retrospect, I really, really mishandled the whole "Peter faked a photo" plot development, for which I apologize from the bottom of my heart to the other writers and to the fans. I still think at the heart of it was a good, clever, very series - appropriate idea - Spider-Man has to throw Peter Parker under a bus to save J. Jonah Jameson - but I'd give anything to be able to go back and rewrite it to make Pete's moment of sacrifice and choice more dramatic. In my mind, Peter wasn't sloppy or stupid - he knew what he was doing violated journalistic ethics, but it was either that or let JJJ be criminally framed for something he didn't do - a classic Spider-Man sacrifice play. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I did a spectacularly crappy job of translating that to the printed page and ended up accomplishing the opposite of what I'd intended. In my failed attempt to make Peter seem supremely responsible, I ended up making him look incredibly irresponsible - which is a mortal sin.
    Apology accepted, Mr. Waid.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

It was nice of Waid to admit that he was sorry for the whole idea of how Peter got fired. I mean admiting to a mistake takes alot of guts and Waid has my respect.

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    It was nice of Waid to admit that he was sorry for the whole idea of how Peter got fired. I mean admiting to a mistake takes alot of guts and Waid has my respect.
    I don't think he was sorry for the idea, just for how it worked out on the page.
    And I hope when you think of me years down the line
    You can't find one good thing to say.
    And I hope that if I found the strength to walk out
    You'd stay the hell out of my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulus B. View Post
    I don't think he was sorry for the idea, just for how it worked out on the page.
    Correct. That is clear if you read his quote; I also think it is very classy of Mark to "own up" to this. Great writer and a stand-up guy.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Do we know who the artist(s) for Slott's run will be yet?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Correct. That is clear if you read his quote; I also think it is very classy of Mark to "own up" to this. Great writer and a stand-up guy.
    Yeah. I mean, it's not that big of a deal. There were quite a few people who felt that Peter's actions in the Vulture arc didn't really seem very responsible, and it's good to see that Mark Waid can look back and revisit past stories and acknowledge that things might not have worked out the way that he planned.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    Do we know who the artist(s) for Slott's run will be yet?
    Humberto Ramos , Stefano Caselli and Marcos Martin.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Still hates the Packers. Patrick Hultquist's Avatar

Wow. Did those guys come out of that interview with hickey marks all over their posteriors or what? What a love-fest.
    Schmitty's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Four degrees higher Cheesedique's Avatar

What can you tell us about the plot and themes of issue #647? Is this issue part of the "Origin of the Species" arc? Or is it's own thing? Which members of Spidey's cast play roles in the story?

Waid: As many as we can fit. We want to say aloha to them all and exit gracefully. I would definitely look for at least one person we haven't seen in nearly 100 issues, though.
    Any conjecture as to who this could be? Who haven't we seen since the web-heads started their reign?

I'm waiting for more apologies.

A bunch more.

Four degrees higher Cheesedique's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HULKquist View Post
    Wow. Did those guys come out of that interview with hickey marks all over their posteriors or what? What a love-fest.
    I'll go on record as saying that these guys have made some of the best Spidey-stories in decades--not all of them were good, not all of them hit the mark, but I think their hundred-issue run was pretty remarkable overall--especially compared to what looks to be coming down the line in ASM (those preview pages look mighty disappointing..). A little back-patting is in order for these guys..

BND is over? BEST NEWS EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Any conjecture as to who this could be? Who haven't we seen since the web-heads started their reign?
    hydro man?

um...

toxin.
    that disco guy.
    northlanders .american vampire. bprd. concrete. detective comics.

Still hates the Packers. Patrick Hultquist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    A little back-patting is in order for these guys.
    The back-patting should be from the fans, not from each other. This back-patting took up more than half the interview.
    Schmitty's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.