Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CCI: Parker Sees Red "Hulk"

For his first solo arc in a new era for Marvel's "Hulk," writer Jeff Parker reteams with Gabriel Hardman to tell a story of redemption for the Red Hulk while tweaking the franchise's classic anti-hero origins.

Full article here.

Interesting. This is the most informative interview we've had so far on Jeff's upcoming run and I'm curious to see where he'll go with it. I'm gonna miss McGuinness though, this was the book he was born to be on.

So we'll have the iHulk with Hulk and Betty, Hulk with Ross and Rick and we were teased earlier there is a book coming up with a couple of green-skinned gals. Makes me wonder if Skaar is going to make it out of the arc with Hiro-Kala.

I'll miss Atlas. But I'll read just about anything Jeff Parker writes.

He really did a cracking good job on the Red Hulk stuff lately. So can't wait.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

I'm actually thinking about picking this up. The creative team involved are amazing & make me think they can spin gold out of straw.
    Last edited by Blind pugh; 07-25-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: typo

My one complaint about this is that the book will still be called "Hulk". I'm sorry but Ross really needs to come up with something original, sheesh.

Hardman is a good comic book artist, but I hate his style on superhero comic books like Hulk. His stuff best suits crime-noir style comic books like some of DC's Vertigo line for example. I won't buy superhero comic books with noirish style art like Hardman's. But I hope the sales stay good on this comic book despite me dropping it when Hardman takes over as the artist. I like the smart ass Red Hulk much better then the boring dumb Green Hulk, and if Hardman leaves as the regular artist some day, I might start buying it again.

so they're going to make Red Hulk interesting and he's not going to run around the Marvel Universe beating up everyone? sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrungr View Post
    Interesting. This is the most informative interview we've had so far on Jeff's upcoming run and I'm curious to see where he'll go with it. I'm gonna miss McGuinness though, this was the book he was born to be on.

So we'll have the iHulk with Hulk and Betty, Hulk with Ross and Rick and we were teased earlier there is a book coming up with a couple of green-skinned gals. Makes me wonder if Skaar is going to make it out of the arc with Hiro-Kala.
    The Incredible Hulks book is a team book, so Skaar is in it for awhile and so is Korg. A-Bomb and Jen are also on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    The Incredible Hulks book is a team book, so Skaar is in it for awhile and so is Korg. A-Bomb and Jen are also on the team.
    I know, but it's just for the Hiro-Kala arc (6 issues/bi-weekly). That said, I have a tough time believing Pak would kill off Skaar (but then again I didn't think he'd kill off Caiera and Hiroim either).

Quote Originally Posted by Hrungr View Post
    I know, but it's just for the Hiro-Kala arc (6 issues/bi-weekly). That said, I have a tough time believing Pak would kill off Skaar (but then again I didn't think he'd kill off Caiera and Hiroim either).
    No, it's not just for the Hiro-Kala arc. While the book is supposedly only biweekly during that period, it will continue afterward in the plural, crossing over into Greg & Fred Van Lente's "Chaos War" event.

~G.
    Gary/HulkSmash!
    Pop Culture Guru. Hulk fan & podcaster.

Blog / Twitter
    Still writing a book o' Hulk essays.