Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CCI: "Marvel Vs. Capcom 3"

Ameratsu, the main character from the game "Okami," was announced to great fanfare as the latest fighter in Capcom's "Marvel vs. Capcom 3." CBR News was there to get all the details.

Full article here.

Thor Vs Ameratsu

I think I just got Giant Sized Man Thing.

I just hope this comes down to dirt cheap pretty soon after release, I'm not keen on fighters and an interesting diversion for an hour doesn't require 40 quid.

With every new character, I'm more and more interested in this game. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Peace
    Stop the philosophy. *Snikt* Let's go kick his butt

I've killed women and children, I've killed just about everything that walks or crawled, at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you little Bill, for what you did to Ned.
    William Munny -- Unforgiven

Capcom's on a roll as of late with it's fighters. First the one-two punch of Street Fighter IV and SSIV, now this, and the potential for the Namco versus Capcom/Capcom versus Namco games?

We're lucky SOB's that they're finally back on track and producing decent games, is all I can say. Still, can we get a little Iron Fist action in MvC3? Some of the Immortal Weapons would be amazing - Imagine Iron Fist, Fat Cobra, Bride of Nine Spiders in this format, it'd be killer.

"Ameratsu"? Last time I checked her name was Amaterasu - it's even written right there in the screenshots! (ETA: She's also a wolf goddess, not a spirit dog.)

It's funny though, just a few days ago my sister and I were talking about how positively awesome it would be if Amaterasu was included in the game, and lo and behold, there she is! My interest mode for this game just went from "kinda sorta interested" to "MUST HAVE" with her inclusion. And the remix of 'Sun Rises' in her gameplay video? Also a definite must have.
    Last edited by Frostious; 07-25-2010 at 04:26 AM.

Amaterasu is actually the EMPRESS OF THE GODS in Japanese religion- it's like having Jesus as a fighting character! But I guess most Japanese gamers don't mind. :)

Do you guys think we'll see a soundtrack?

Usually Capcom is pretty good about getting those released...

Quote Originally Posted by Statham View Post
    Capcom's on a roll as of late with it's fighters. First the one-two punch of Street Fighter IV and SSIV, now this, and the potential for the Namco versus Capcom/Capcom versus Namco games?

We're lucky SOB's that they're finally back on track and producing decent games, is all I can say. Still, can we get a little Iron Fist action in MvC3? Some of the Immortal Weapons would be amazing - Imagine Iron Fist, Fat Cobra, Bride of Nine Spiders in this format, it'd be killer.
    Iron Fist would be cool, but the others are unlikely. That said, the could make cameos in Iron Fist's stage(Hopefully based on the Capital cities of heaven tournament).