Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CCI LIVE: DC Universe

Ian Sattler and a host of DC creators discuss the wide range of events including "Brightest Day" and more. CBR will have live updates from the panel from 12:30-1:45 PST.

Full article here.

Chloe Is appearing in the DCU finally! I honestly think the character deserves this. It's actually long over due imho.

I'm disappointed that Chloe is being incorporated into comics (not really). I had a brilliant idea about bringing her into the Titans by making her Superman's Tim Drake/Oracle.
    XPOTM:September 2010

I would buy a new Wild Dog book in a second.
    Writer/editor of Metahuman Press
    New Super-Powered Fiction Every Week!

Quote Originally Posted by mrhelm View Post
    I would buy a new Wild Dog book in a second.
    me to.

Someone ask which lesser-used character they would most like to write and someone said Barbara Gordon?

I hope Gail slaped him.

And JMS said the timeline was changed? How come all the DC book look the same then.
    Seeing her on covers for other books,like the 99 crosover and the halloween special is just weird.
    I also read he was'nt even gona try to explain Wonder Girl an Troy. O_o

Earth Fun (Party Earth) Mr_Wayne's Avatar

Couple good things, couple bad.

Good:
    • Chloe is debuting finally. That teaser they did in the first issue of Secret Origin was cool.
    • What ever Simone has planned for BoP.

Bad:
    • "By 2011, James [Robinson] is going to be on some major big books at DC," Sattler said, though he said it was not time announce these new projects yet. "It's things you haven't seen before."
    • Asked about her opinion on "bringing Barbara Gordon back to her feet," Simone hesitantly said she's thinking about that issue but can't say much more. "My thought is that we need Oracle," she said.

I hope she's addressing the issue as in "I'll make it a point to show the fans why she NEVER needs to be off out of that wheel chair."
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; 07-24-2010 at 02:52 PM.
    “I've always wanted to diversify the DCU, but usually when I do it, James Robinson comes along and kills them all.“ -Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Wayne View Post
    Bad: [LIST][*]"By 2011, James [Robinson] is going to be on some major big books at DC," Sattler said, though he said it was not time announce these new projects yet. "It's things you haven't seen before."
    "
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Wayne View Post

I hope she's addressing the issue as in "I'll make it a point to show the fans why she NEVER needs to be off out of that wheel chair."
    You'd be surprised how many of us want it to EXACTLY be just that.

Most complaints are about how with all the different ways one can heal themselves in the DCU, why she's chosen never to go any of those routes. Especially when some writers still characterize her as still being so bitter over being shot by the Joker.

I've said more then once that at some point she should have gone up to Bruce and went "Why didn't you ever think of having Shondra Kinsolving try to heal me while you were so busy chasing after her yourself to get the job done?"

Interesting stuff.

So who wants to take odds on Chloe Sullivan debuting as Jimmy Olsen's girlfriend? I could see it (In Supergirl, he did just say that his girlfriend is "AWESOME")

Robinson on new, never-before-seen stuff is better than Robinson on trainwreck game-changing JLA minis ... we know he has a Shade series or miniseries coming up, and he flourishes as an idea man, taking things from the fringes of the DCU and working with them. As a mainstream influence he's more bad than good and we all know it. (As much as I appreciate some of the characters he has dusted off, and Congorilla and Starman).

Oracle ... it's such an iffy thing. I mean, it's DC and for god's sake, she could be healed. For as "nice" as J.M.S.' Brave and the Bold issue about Zatanna and Diana's premonitions and taking her out ... couldn't Wonder Woman just zap her with some Purple Ray? But there's also the mental block issue. Joker didn't just make it so she couldn't walk ... he might have gotten into her head. She's less of a target in the chair. Behind the scenes.

I really don't see why she couldn't walk again ... but CHOOSE to remain Oracle, behind the scenes, in the place where she best serves. Which means for as nice as it is to be able to walk again, we'd ironically still have her sitting down all the time.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    I really don't see why she couldn't walk again ... but CHOOSE to remain Oracle, behind the scenes, in the place where she best serves. Which means for as nice as it is to be able to walk again, we'd ironically still have her sitting down all the time.
    Exactly. Oracle is not dependent on being crippled.
    Who knows? Not me. We never lost control. You're face to face. With the Man who Sold the World

Just passing through... kevrhon's Avatar
    My body is in St. Louis, but my heart's in South Dakota

But there's also the mental block issue. Joker didn't just make it so she couldn't walk ... he might have gotten into her head. She's less of a target in the chair. Behind the scenes.
    Hmmm...interesting idea. I really like this. I could totally see this, and know that gail would handle it well.
    Isaac Jaffee [Robert Guillaume] from Sports Night: “If you're stupid, surround yourself with smart people. If you're smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you.”

Natalie Hurley [Sabrina Lloyd] also from Sports Night: "Allow for the possibility that from time to time other people are at least as smart as you are."

I liked the development on Gail's first run where Barbara had some movement, but not nearly anything close to mobility. It would be fine to me to have her work her way to mobility, but be far short of joining the superhero set again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid2 View Post
    me to.

Someone ask which lesser-used character they would most like to write and someone said Barbara Gordon?

I hope Gail slaped him.

Actually the way Newsarama had this same exchange makes a little more sense than the CBR report:
    Sattler asked the panel who they'd like to bring back. Lopresti: Creeper. Spencer: Batgirl (Barbara Gordon, presumably). Simone: Knockout. Krul: "I'm really frustrated that I can't use Red Devil in Teen Titans." JMS: "Inferior Five."
    Which means Spencer was only saying he wished he could bring back Babs as Batgirl (something we know DC almost did). I was surprised to see Gail didn't offer any zingers Judd Winnick's way instead (yesterday that is). At the Bat-Panel on Friday, Winnick said Jason Todd wouldn't get his own book because "villains don't get their own books", forgetting maybe the writer of Secret Six was on the same panel with him.
    "Heroes are forever. The rest of us are just part of the story" - Lady Shiva in Batgirl # 72 by Anderson Gabrych

Green Lanter Sector 0616 Raker616's Avatar

I'm very happy to see Chloe finally enter the DCU, I was bummed when Busiek left Superman and wasn't able to debut her a couple of years ago. Looks like i'm going to have to add Action Comics to my pull list, hopefully they do her character justice and don't stray too far from her Smallville persona.
    "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

LOL, I think me & the other two people who mentioned it in this thread are the only 3 Wild Dog fans in the world.

The stuff about Generation Lost sounds fantastic. That series has been so good already.