Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CCI: Spotlight on Brian Michael Bendis

In a special live taping of the Word Balloon, Marvel Comics writer Brian Michael Bendis answers questions from audience members and makes a few surprise announcements. CBR News is there with LIVE coverage of the event

Full article here.

I hardly think that's any of your business.

Will someone PLEASE tell Bendis Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #16 is overall the 149th issue and not 150th?

It's interesting Bendis thinks he prunes dialogue, yet fans harp on the fact he mentions one word 4 times in a couple of word bubbles.

I was interested to note that Bendis gets his ideas for dialogue from listening to how people talk and taking notes. It seems natural enough. You'd think wordsmiths have an instinctive flare for dialogue, but dialogue does evolve from time to time, so you have to keep honing that. I remember a time when teen wouldn't talk. When they spoke in low tones, and they walked like they were all on drugs. Maybe the X-kids got that treatment at the time. I think teens are a little more animated today.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

The legendary 149th issue with be giant size! I wonder why they didn't use the 150th issue instead? Also if they count it like that they should have just let USM continue the numbering.

Well, they are probably counting the 1/2 issue which would actually make it 150.
    "All things are precipitated by the nature of existence. Nothing, therefore, is unnatural be it bee-hive or termite mound or all our shining, poisoned cities." - Promethea #31

They probably count that plus the 2 requim issues which would make it the 152th issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil-Spidey View Post
    They probably count that plus the 2 requim issues which would make it the 152th issue.
    Requiem is a different series, 1/2 was not. It works out, stop trying to bend something that works to excuse your ill thought out snark.
    "All things are precipitated by the nature of existence. Nothing, therefore, is unnatural be it bee-hive or termite mound or all our shining, poisoned cities." - Promethea #31

It doesn't work because issue 1/2 has a 1/2 on it and not a 149. They did not count that issue or issue 0 or -1 to get to ASMs #500.