Page 4 of 144 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: Korra

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin1108 View Post
    The movie was so bad they hadta make a new series to get the stink of it away from them lol..Not too happy though, cuz as was asked before who the hell can air bend since aang's gone?
    Tenzin, Aang and Katara's son, who seems to be an Airbender or someone who can teach Airbending. The creators did mention that if a child of those were a bender then they could bend either air or water.

There are at least a couple of ways new Airbenders can start existing.

Bending is supposed to be a spiritual thing, so new Airbenders can be born if they possess the right spirit - and remember that the inventor's son was said to have the spirit of a true Airbender. It was my theory before the show ended that the last episode would have an Airbender born in that old temple.

Another way would be for Aang to just create new Airbenders. His Energybending could remove someone's ability to Bend, so it could probably also create it.

That's beyond the obvious descendants of Aang, of course. It's been seventy years, after all, and every Air Nomad was also an Airbender.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

I wonder if Metal and sand bending have became popular
    Cyclops ad portas

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    I wonder if Metal and sand bending have became popular
    Yeah, I was thinking Metal bending would be more popular given the new setting.
    Bad news everyone...

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    every Air Nomad was also an Airbender.
    Wait-wait-wait!
    Did they ever say that in the show?

Seems a bit weird, I mean, not every fire nation guy was a firebender.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Wait-wait-wait!

it's WoG. it's because of my spirituality

I want Aang's kid assuming that is it for sure Katara's to be able to do air and water.... Impossible, maybe; but it would be cool.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

Holy crap! This is awesome news. This is definitely a good way to rid of the stink the movie left behind.

She looks kinda muscular who I'm gotta assume she was a warrior in her tribe before finding out she was the avatar.

I demend to know what happened to Sokka and Wang Fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    I demend to know what happened to Sokka and Wang Fire.
    I would kind of like him to be kind of like King Boomy (Sp?) teaching in his own crazy ass way.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Wait-wait-wait!

The Air Nomads had a small population but every one of them was an Airbender, whereas the other nations had much larger populations but not everyone was a Bender. It's supposed to have to do with the fact that they were highly spiritual people.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

I need more Roberson! Count Yoda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    I would kind of like him to be kind of like King Boomy (Sp?) teaching in his own crazy ass way.
    It would be great to see Sokka in that manner, I do hope they reference him at least some.
    Taskmaster: I'm so much better than you. You can't win. You have to die.
    Moon Knight: Yes, kill me.... See if that works this time.

"Agnostic; lazy man's Atheist" - Pierce (Community)

Maybe Aang won't be dead? I know normally he'd need to die for another avatar to be born..but then again normally most avatars couldn't bust out stuff like spirit bending.

There's a chance that since spirit bending can take bending away, it may also be able to activate bending in certain people. This could be a way that Aang creates more airbenders. There were already a group of people living at the air temple, so he could of gifted them with air bending so they could pass it down to their children and then their children pass it down..etc.

Or it could be that the child of the avatar and a powerful waterbender had unforseen consequences and created a new type of bender. Or it could be that the rise of technology has made it possible to give people bending.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BornIn1142 View Post
    Even accounting for the fact that Korra is quite butch, she easily looks like she could be in her late teens.

If thereís a new Avatar, that means Aang has passed on. If he died around age 70, isnít that pretty young for an Avatar?

Konietzko: You gotta keep in mind that he was frozen in a state of suspended animation for 100 years, so he kind of burned up some of his extra Avatar time.
    I read that answer, but it seemed to me more like deflection than anything. I imagine we're going to find out Aang's fate eventually.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
    I read that answer, but it seemed to me more like deflection than anything. I imagine we're going to find out Aang's fate eventually.
    I feel the same way. Saying his lifespan decreased without actually saying that he died of old age.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

Well, I have to say, I don't mind the idea of Aang dying of old age. Saying he was killed by someone later on seems very vindictive towards him, and would kind of cheapen his victory at the end of the first series (though it's probably not be unrealistic for someone who presumably maintained order his whole life). At the same time, the image of him just fading out peacefully, surrounded by friends and family, seems pretty appealing to me.