Page 32 of 144 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: Korra

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieThunderbolts View Post
    Because he is a master Airbender, and they get ceremonial blue arrow tattoos across chi lines, on each arm and leg, and one going up the spine and over the top of the head, just like his father Aang, the previous Avatar, and most adult Air Nomads from the previous series.
    Thank you for explaining it for me. I thought it was just an avatar thing and was confused when I saw he had them but isn't the avatar.

Masked Bat-Mod RonnieThunderbolts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    Thank you for explaining it for me. I thought it was just an avatar thing and was confused when I saw he had them but isn't the avatar.
    No problem. I recommend watching the original series if you have a chance, it is, like Korra, a dynamite family program, very well written and developed, and expertly animated.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    New Out there theory: Amon is the Pro-Bending and Recap Announcer Shiro Shinobi.
    I think Tarlok is Amon. Tarlok keeps pushing Korra to join his taskforce to up the tension with (as Amon) his anti- bender initiative and eventually get rid of bending all together so that he would be the only bender left. (just a theory)

Quote Originally Posted by maskedavenger View Post
    I think Tarlok is Amon. Tarlok keeps pushing Korra to join his taskforce to up the tension with (as Amon) his anti- bender initiative and eventually get rid of bending all together so that he would be the only bender left. (just a theory)
    Tarrlok and Amon have both different skin colors and voice actors, I really doubt they are the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Theozilla View Post
    Tarrlok and Amon have both different skin colors and voice actors, I really doubt they are the same person.
    That really wouldn't factor into him not being Amon if the writers were trying hide the characters identity. But we shall see.

Huh, so it really is "Sato-mobile". I kept thinking it was "saddle-mobile".
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

wait when did this show start airing?

anywhere online i can play catchup with episodes?

Started April 14th. All episodes can be found on Nick's official website.

Quote Originally Posted by maskedavenger View Post
    I felt the same thing. He seemed the most obvious choice. Tenzin even commented on how he was just after amassing more power.

I think it would be more interesting if Amon was telling the truth since if he had ulterior motives or was being manipulated by someone else then they wouldn't really have to deal with all the interesting issues he's raised about the inequality between benders and nonbenders.

The whole thing reminds me of the first season of Justice League Unlimited. They raised a bunch of interesting points about the Justice League getting too powerful and the potential dangers that would result if they were to ever abuse that power, even unintentionally. However, in the end, it turned out that Luthor/Brainiac had been manipulating Cadmus all along and only the Justice League could defeat him. That was a great episode and a cool twist but at the same time, it was also a cop out since all the questions about the Justice League being too powerful and there being nothing to check their power still remained. People just forgot about them since the Justice League saved the world again.

Korra is facing a similar situation. The whole conflict with Amon does bring up a lot of interesting points about the inequality between benders and nonbenders. If it turned out that Amon is just an evil bad guy who only wanted power or if he's some kind of puppet controlled by an evil spirit with a grudge against the Avatar, all those questions he brought up would just be swept under the rug.

I read a fan theory that Amon might be bumi, Aang's nonbender ki.

I liked the episode.

http://korranation.tumblr.com/post/2...akorra-discuss
    Well it seems that Bryke and Nick have decided to really troll the fandom.
    Last edited by Theozilla; 05-01-2012 at 05:13 PM.

http://inspredwood.tumblr.com/post/2...-the-new-korra

New promo clip of episode 5 for those who want to see it.

OMG Sokka is AMON! He had a sad face in that flashback! That means something!
    Anyway, i knew this is where this stuff was going to go with Amon and taking away bending, everyone was going to be afraid and start making stupid moves. The rest of the ep was fine but i didnt like that Amon pretty much just set the battle for the end of the series. I guess it smart not to have the Avatar as a target story-wise but they could have done it better. He could have simply not show up or he could have sent a double to freak out Korra.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    OMG Sokka is AMON! He had a sad face in that flashback! That means something!
    Anyway, i knew this is where this stuff was going to go with Amon and taking away bending, everyone was going to be afraid and start making stupid moves. The rest of the ep was fine but i didnt like that Amon pretty much just set the battle for the end of the series. I guess it smart not to have the Avatar as a target story-wise but they could have done it better. He could have simply not show up or he could have sent a double to freak out Korra.
    I am not sure if the "Sokka is Amon" comment is serious or not but in the off chance that it is I just want to put out there that Sokka would be in his 80s during the events of Korra and I dont think Sokka is like Bumi who would stay fir into his old age. Also Sokka always loved his sister and his friends who were mostly benders. It would be a big leap for him to start hating all benders.