Page 26 of 144 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: Korra

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    That does not make very much sense at all. The creators of the show wanted this to be a short series, if they wanted it to last longer they would have created the show with that in mind. It has nothing to do with the live action film that actually did relatively well commercially.
    The creators want what the budget provides.
    Do the creators provide the budget for this show?

And the movie just barely passed the breaking even line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    The creators want what the budget provides.
    Do the creators provide the budget for this show?

And the movie just barely passed the breaking even line.
    They wanted it to be 12 episodes. Nick convinced them to make 26.... Would you have been more satisfied if Nick convinced them to create 52 episodes out of their original 12 episode story?

So we can take the film out of the equation entirely is what you're saying. Groovy.

Finally saw the episode this afternoon, can't say much more than what has already been said. Such a great show. And Mako is totally Batman.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Sooooo good

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorok64 View Post
    It is odd seeing lightning be that prevalent but have they ever had a city where benders from so many different disciplines were mashed together in one place? I suppose it could accelerate people's learning and techniques. We've seen the secondary power of Earth benders, metal bending, used quite a bit. I wonder if we'll see a lot of healers and/or blood benders.

Also the production values on this show are off the charts! No wonder it's a million an episode.
    Well they have had 70 years of relative peace compared to how it was before. I'm sure without the threat of constant fighting alot of benders were able to improve their craft and pass it down to students who refined it even more and so on so that once very special skills became more common.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Amon said spirits gave him the ability to take away people's bending. I wonder if that could be Koh? He's the only one who seemed devious and kinda evil in the first series. Plus since Amon's face was apparently scarred, Koh could get a kick out of helping him get revenge since he's a face stealer. Plus he already has beef with the Avatar and he said they would meet again.
    I would personally prefer it to be a new spirit as oppose to someone we know. That way, they could play more on the idea of the Avatar not doing what they were meant to do and other spirits trying to take the role instead of just making it about revenge.

It should be a crime that these episodes are only half and hour long and are shown only once a week. This episode is what I have been waiting for what with the Equalists, Amon, and the revelation of Amon's power. It was amazing.

I don't really mind that lightning generation has spread to more firebenders.

Think about it, the Mechanist loved using Benders to power his machines. He created most of the Fire Nation's technology during the last part of the War. And with Sokka's help he created waterbender powered submarines and earthbender powered tanks. Imagine what they would create once they knew about Metalbending and Lightning. It kinda explains the huge leap in technology.

But it's not like they could just have Iroh and Zuko sit around the Northern Air Temple or Republic City powering all of their machines. So it makes sense that they'd train others to learn how. From that point it would eventually spread to the Triads.

Is it just me or do Mako and Bolin not seem very good at actually using bending for fighting? I figure since they dont really deal with life and death situations all the time like the old Gaang did and spend most of their bending talent for sport that they might have a hard time fighting along side the avatar.

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Is it just me or do Mako and Bolin not seem very good at actually using bending for fighting? I figure since they dont really deal with life and death situations all the time like the old Gaang did and spend most of their bending talent for sport that they might have a hard time fighting along side the avatar.
    Considering that Mako and Bolin grew up on the streets they should have experience dealing with life and death situations. Especially since Mako did some work for the triads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Not really, I don't get that impression at all.
    I think it is more the difference in setting (city with gang wars vs. globe traveling with actual full-blown wars going on) and the fact that last season of The Last Airbender had all the Gaang members at the apex of their skills.
    And the main enemies are just more effective and creepy.
    Last edited by Theozilla; 04-22-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Elder Member

To be fair, they use their abilities in games with set rules and limitations. An arena doesn't have nearly as many situational factors as a street fight does.

I'm just wondering where the metal bending cops were when this was all going down.

Well they aren't ridiculously powerful prodigies like Toph, Azula and Katara. They still have a lot to learn.

And remember Katara in the first season? Up until they got to the North Pole her bending wasn't that great.

Elder Member

Just a thought, but I wonder if Bolin will have the bright idea to just cover himself in a rock armor next time he sees the Equalists. Can't get chi blocked if they gotta punch through rock.

Those were some good points. I guess I am still used to everyone being crazy good benders.