Page 30 of 144 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: Korra

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Not in a propaganda war. Using a visual cue perfectly made to stoke empathy is propaganda 101. Just saying "I lost my family" simply doesn't have the impact of hiding behind a mask and claiming "I lost my family and the one who did it scarred my face so badly, I must hide it behind this mask".

Most people would see the mask and think you are automatically telling the truth just because you are wearing a mask. Few people actually question things they see with their own eyes.
    Oh I'm sure it helped, it's just that it wasn't really that necessary. It didn't appear as if a majority of the people there were on the fence even after he told them a bender killed his entire family in front of him while he was helpless to do anything but watch..and then adding in the "he scarred me too" suddenly won them over.

Then there's the fact that it just takes one skilled bender to knock the mask off in front of people and reveal the lie, if he is lying. What if one of the benders he had let fight him got lucky? Poof, there goes his credibility. It would then make people wonder if he was lying about everything he said and just like that he's lost a whole crapload of his support.

Of course he could be lying, but for now I'm going to believe him about his story until we're given any reason to think otherwise.
    Last edited by Surtur; 04-26-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

episode 4 has been leaked across the interwebs....
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

I'll probably wait for Saturday anyway when it's put on Nick's site.

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

Saw episode 4. Decent episode. Asami as hot as hell. Never cared for shipping but her and Mako are nice together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Saw it as well (I will still see it on Saturday too). Great episode, Asami is very hot. Tenzin and his family had more great funny moments.

I actually thought this was the most boring episode aired so far. I don't mind shipping but I don't like the quadrangle we seem to be heading into. I liked seeing everyone dressed up at the gala, as well as the few shots of the Gaang all grown up. But beyond that, I wasn't all that interested. I hope episode 5 is a return to form. Oh, and someone please get that stick outta Lin Beifongs ass.
    Last edited by Saturius; 04-26-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Oh, and someone please get that stick outta Lin Beifongs ass.
    Not before she has an epic earthbending fight with Korra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Oh, and someone please get that stick outta Lin Beifongs ass.
    Oh come on, won't the look on Amon's face be priceless when he removes her bending ability and she uses said stick to beat the crap outta him?

Watched the Episode 4 leak last night. Shippers gonna be mad.
    "And in a few years, some rebellious little kid is going to turn up at your school with me on his t-shirt. 'Cyclops was right.'"

Screw the shippers, Sokka, Toph and Aang ftw!

Great episode! I wish It would have been longer.

Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zomg View Post
    Screw the shippers, Sokka, Toph and Aang ftw!
    Word is bound, Aang rocked an Abe Lincon type beard and Toph looked the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Theozilla View Post
    Well hello not-Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist. Seriously Asami looks awesome. Looks like Bryke is following through on their promise of there being love-triangles in the show. And of course the (shipping) fandom is likely going nuts.

Also can anyone confirm if this is a fake image or not? (if it is not I am guessing this is a shot out of a dream/nightmare sequence, the last series did a lot of those). (WARNING, WARNING, POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILER IN LINK)
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...v9ho1_1280.png
    It's fake. There is a debunking linked below showing the actual screenshots that were pasted together and edited to create it.

http://likeablenonsense.tumblr.com/p...internet#notes
    Last edited by lurkerinthedark; 04-28-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Was not too fond of this episode to be honest. Felt like things went by rather quickly and I would have rathered the whole Asami/Mako thing to have been more gradual and over the course of a few episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Was not too fond of this episode to be honest. Felt like things went by rather quickly and I would have rathered the whole Asami/Mako thing to have been more gradual and over the course of a few episodes.
    Well originally they were only going to have 12 episodes, so I don't mind that things went by quickly with Asami and Mako. More time to focus on other stuff.