Page 5 of 144 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: Korra

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I feel the same way. Saying his lifespan decreased without actually saying that he died of old age.
    Yeah, this is definitely a carrot they'll dangle for a while IMO.

I say we likely get Aang's final fate around the second book, which would be long enough to tie it into some developing plot thread in Korra's story.

I also think we'll eventually get the payoff to Zuko's mother's story.

Quote Originally Posted by BornIn1142 View Post
    Well, I have to say, I don't mind the idea of Aang dying of old age. Saying he was killed by someone later on seems very vindictive towards him, and would kind of cheapen his victory at the end of the first series (though it's probably not be unrealistic for someone who presumably maintained order his whole life). At the same time, the image of him just fading out peacefully, surrounded by friends and family, seems pretty appealing to me.
    I don't mind either way, but I tend to agree. Aang lived his life peacefully, so it would make sense that he would meet a happy end.

I'm excited by the concept behind this new series. It sounds like Korra will essentially be a superhero fighting crime in her own personal Gotham.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Gone

I am looking forward to seeing:

Firelord Zuko
    Water Tribe King Sokka
    Gran-gran Katara

Edit:
    The guys gave a new interview to speakeasy. turns out Katara IS Tenzin´s momn (big surprise :D ).

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/...e-new-spinoff/
    Last edited by Eliseu Gouveia; 07-23-2010 at 10:35 AM.

That sounds good. Can't wait until the serie starts!

Quote Originally Posted by BornIn1142 View Post
    Well, I have to say, I don't mind the idea of Aang dying of old age. Saying he was killed by someone later on seems very vindictive towards him, and would kind of cheapen his victory at the end of the first series (though it's probably not be unrealistic for someone who presumably maintained order his whole life). At the same time, the image of him just fading out peacefully, surrounded by friends and family, seems pretty appealing to me.
    He doesn't need to have been killed by someone for his death to not have been of natural causes. He could have been manoeuvred into sacrificing himself to stop a disaster, for example.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    He doesn't need to have been killed by someone for his death to not have been of natural causes. He could have been manoeuvred into sacrificing himself to stop a disaster, for example.
    From the interview, the creators implied that Aang already burnt his age by spending 100 years frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    From the interview, the creators implied that Aang already burnt his age by spending 100 years frozen.
    I read that as them deflecting the question.

As in, "Watch the show and see."

BTW, has it ever been stated that the Avatar lives an unnaturally long life?

I didn't see any evidence that Roku or any of the others lived longer than their contemporaries. Did I miss something?
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Shield of the True North CaptainCanada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
    I read that as them deflecting the question.

As in, "Watch the show and see."

BTW, has it ever been stated that the Avatar lives an unnaturally long life?

I didn't see any evidence that Roku or any of the others lived longer than their contemporaries. Did I miss something?
    Kyoshi lived to be 230.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are!"

- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    I want Aang's kid assuming that is it for sure Katara's to be able to do air and water.... Impossible, maybe; but it would be cool.
    See
    I have a theory, that unusually strong benders ( born when the avatar is reincarnated) could actually learn the other elements but only the avatar could use them all at once.
    Cyclops ad portas

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    See
    I have a theory, that unusually strong benders ( born when the avatar is reincarnated) could actually learn the other elements but only the avatar could use them all at once.
    Because Airbending isn't already ridiculously OP'd.
    Bad news everyone...

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

Bad news guys. According to one of the voice actors from the new series all the characters from the original cast are dead.

http://www.lastairbenderfans.com/ind...t_from&ucat=4&

ToonZone.net recently participated in a roundtable discussion with the voice/casting director of Avatar: The Last Airbender, Andrea Romano. Andrea also happens to be the voice/casting director for The Legend of Korra, which according to the discussion, is already in the progress of voice recording.

TZN: Will you be working on the new Avatar: The Last Airbender series?

ANDREA ROMANO: I already am. I’ve recorded three episodes. It's seventy five years in the future.

TZN: Will Aang in any way be in the series?

ANDREA ROMANO: I don’t know how much of the series I’m allowed to tell you, but that whole generation has died. It’s the next generation. So it’s really cool. It’s the same producers. It’s the same brilliant attention to detail and I’m very excited. Right now we are just making twelve of them and we’ll see what happens.

Supposedly a 12 part mini-series, The Legend of Korra is said to set for debut in late 2011. Stick tuned to the site for more updates.
    I sad now
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Aang could still have lived to typical old age, then maybe went out with an Obi-Wan style death. I'd have no qualms with that.

I do wonder, what the challenges will be for Korra. With Aang, you had and empire hunting him and he had to seek out people to train him. But once he's fully come into his Avatar abilities, you can see why there wasn't a season four, as he's now the most powerful being in the world. But if Korra is more established as an Avatar already, what can face her?
    Last edited by Jared; 03-07-2011 at 10:08 PM.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

I'm guessing with Korra we'll see her actually fulfull her duties as the Avatar. Aang didn't do much of that in the original series. The central plot of this series has to do with an anti-bender revolt. That should keep her busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    I'm guessing with Korra we'll see her actually fulfull her duties as the Avatar. Aang didn't do much of that in the original series. The central plot of this series has to do with an anti-bender revolt. That should keep her busy
    Not to mention it sounds like she'll take on a street-level crimefighting role.

RE: Offing the Old Crew
    I'd by lying if I said I was happy (No Grandma Toph? Cue Wibble) and given the number of Fearsome Old Masters in A:tLA having all the Gaang dead of old age in 70 years comes off as a mild copout, but I can see the need to make sure this focuses on the new kid rather than serve as a reunion of people that could probably spike the problem with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    I suspect they are taking a very different tack on the whole story. Korra already has 3/4 of her powers down and sounds like she will have to learn diplomacy rather than confrontation.

Sounds like it will work.

HTG

The only thing I actually want is some sort of indication of how the old guard's lives worked out. Don't need to see them to learn that.

Besides, death isn't necessarily enough to stop people from appearing in the Avatar Universe. Especially for Aang. How many episodes was Roku in, after all? And Kiyoshi was in quite a few too. This is a world with a confirmed spirit realm.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"