Page 3 of 144 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: Korra

I'm still iffy on this. Yes, the previous series was a great show..and it ended that way. It would be awesome to get another show that is equally as good..if not better.

On the other hand, I feel like the last avatar show captured lightning in a bottle. They may or may not be able to recapture it. If they don't..I hope it doesn't effect how the original show was seen.

I don't want it to turn out like Heroes, where the first season was a near masterpiece, but when people think of Heroes they tend to think of the crappier seasons first..

As I also said earlier, I really don't want this to turn out to be basically a Katara-like girl who becomes the Avatar.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I'm still iffy on this. Yes, the previous series was a great show..and it ended that way. It would be awesome to get another show that is equally as good..if not better.

On the other hand, I feel like the last avatar show captured lightning in a bottle. They may or may not be able to recapture it. If they don't..I hope it doesn't effect how the original show was seen.

I don't want it to turn out like Heroes, where the first season was a near masterpiece, but when people think of Heroes they tend to think of the crappier seasons first..

As I also said earlier, I really don't want this to turn out to be basically a Katara-like girl who becomes the Avatar.
    That's why I'm glad they're starting seventy years after the end of the first series, with big changes to the setting and a new main character, rather than just the Continuing Adventures of Aang and Gang
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

Avatar TNG? Steampunk Ronapur (mellowed down somewhat, this is still Nick)? Bryke behind it and doing a female lead?

I'm sold.

Yes, I am amused by the way they dodged questions concerning M. Night's mess in that interview.

Yes, I am disturbed by the reactions to Tenzin's parentage. Seriously, there were Canon!Zutaran's still fixated on the matter?!?

HTG

Very much looking forward to this.
    Broke down laughing and screaming for more/If this changed your life, did you have one before?
    sketches - Updated 2/26/2012

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Yeah, either way it seems Aang lived to be about 60 or so (maybe Koh got him or he pulled a Roku and stopped a massive natural disaster).
    Or 70, right? Aang was 12 (or 112) when the series ended.

If we say the new Avatar is 12 (give or take), then he did live to be about 70.

The fortune teller in Book One predicted that Katarra and Aang would live a long and happy life together (IIRC).

I don't figure 70 is too bad.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    That's why I'm glad they're starting seventy years after the end of the first series, with big changes to the setting and a new main character, rather than just the Continuing Adventures of Aang and Gang
    EXACTLY! It's not like there flogging a dead horse. Rather grooming a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
    Or 70, right? Aang was 12 (or 112) when the series ended.

If we say the new Avatar is 12 (give or take), then he did live to be about 70.

The fortune teller in Book One predicted that Katarra and Aang would live a long and happy life together (IIRC).

I don't figure 70 is too bad.
    yeah that's not a 12yr old
    Last edited by DeadXMan; 07-22-2010 at 12:26 PM.
    Cyclops ad portas

Finally a real Avatar movie
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    It doesn't really matter. If she's 17, that's only a five year difference.

So he died at 65.

In all honesty, there will probably be some kind of explanation down the line as to how Aang died.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

The movie was so bad they hadta make a new series to get the stink of it away from them lol..Not too happy though, cuz as was asked before who the hell can air bend since aang's gone?
    http://reverbnation.com/roninakacmil

"put haters to the left i aint lettin 'em win,
    Cuz i got mind soul and power like infinity gems"

http://i53.tinypic.com/2dqpk7c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin1108 View Post
    The movie was so bad they hadta make a new series to get the stink of it away from them lol..Not too happy though, cuz as was asked before who the hell can air bend since aang's gone?
    I could care less about Aang. I wished that they could have solved the plot point about Zuko's mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post

The writers strike was one of the main causes of Heroes sucking. With the exception of the last season.

A female Avatar would be nice but dont make her ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    14, then? Not that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    14, then? Not that far.
    Looks 15...

Even accounting for the fact that Korra is quite butch, she easily looks like she could be in her late teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
    It doesn't really matter. If she's 17, that's only a five year difference.

So he died at 65.

In all honesty, there will probably be some kind of explanation down the line as to how Aang died.
    If thereís a new Avatar, that means Aang has passed on. If he died around age 70, isnít that pretty young for an Avatar?

Konietzko: You gotta keep in mind that he was frozen in a state of suspended animation for 100 years, so he kind of burned up some of his extra Avatar time.