Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Pipeline - Jul 20, 2010

Augie looks at the big convention this week from multiple points of view: Where are the artists? Where's the news? And where can you sign up be paid to play Papa Smurf? All that and a lot more this week...

Full article here.

"I'd be more likely to buy digital comics in bulk at that price ($0.99) than I would be even at $1.99."

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but are you saying that you would buy more digital comics if they were cheaper? If so, the only reason I can think of mentioning such a totally obvious statement that should go without saying (I would like it more if digital comics were a dollar than if they were two? Who wouldn't?) is that you get paid by the word.

Though perhaps I didn't explain it as clearly as I heard it in my head as I typed it, the idea is that there's a mental block once you get that low that would lead me to spend more dollars in comics at such a low price point. It's not so much that I'd buy twice as many comics for half the price, as it is that I would buy MORE than twice as many comics.

Having typed that out now, yeah, I should have written that in the first place.

And for what it's worth: Nope, not paid by the word. I'm paid by the love of comics.

And a monthly rate. ;-)

-Augie

In my country, Portugal, we have like two comic book conventions and neither is that great. There are a bunch of expositions regarding Portuguese/Brazilian comic books, some French/Belgian comics and a bunch of weirdos dressing up as their favorite anime characters but that's pretty much it. In terms of artist lectures and signings the biggest name we ever got was C.B Cebulski.
    I really wish I could visit a bigass convention in the USA and meet guys like John Layman, John Cassaday, Ed Brubaker, Jerome Opena, Brian Azzarello, Fabio Moon and Gabriel Ba. One day... *sigh*

This writeup was hilarious

Default I'm at Comic Con!

I actually have my indie comic, D'n'A #1, available, as a street vendor. It is in fact a madhouse in there but I got to talk at length with Jim Steranko one-on-one so I'll always be grateful for that, and meeting Neal Adams and Terry Moore, who gave me encouragement earlier in my efforts. I'm not so sure Jim is going to make it out from Reading PA for these shows anymore; understandable for anyone with a nervous system! Gerry Conway, for example, is giving it a pass.

wanna preview? check out ceaseill.blogspot.com, why doncha? Then if you like it try me at luelyron@gmail.com and you can order a copy no sweat.