Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Green Hornet Discovers "Blood Ties" In October

Dynamite Entertainment has announced a new Green Hornet series debuting in October. "Green Hornet: Blood Ties" is a prequel to Kevin Smith's series to be written by Ande Parks with art by Johnny Desjardins.

Full article here.

Seriously? I like Green Hornet as much as the next guy, but stop with all the Green Hornet books! Lone Ranger and Buck Rogers get canceled and GH gets yet another book? Who does he think he is? Deadpool?

MikeM

Really, are these books selling that well that they need to release another series? I just find it hard to believe that there are people out there clamoring for another GH series. I just don't believe it. I would love to see some sales numbers that support this.
    writer: The Venger: Dead Man Rising

Twitter-Facebook-Email-VENGER

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Who does he think he is? Deadpool?

MikeM

but yeah...where the hell is the demand for all these books to come out?

green hornet
    kato
    green hornet strikes
    green hornet year one
    kato origins
    green hornet: parallel lives
    and now this

and people say batman has too many titles....
    (which, admittedly, he does)

who is buying these books? 3.99 a pop also, who can afford to read all of these?

i read the first 2 issues of Wagner's book and they were good, but jesus, there is no way that all of these books are THAT GOOD.

Green Hornet is going to bankruput the entire industry at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Spatola View Post
    Really, are these books selling that well that they need to release another series? I just find it hard to believe that there are people out there clamoring for another GH series. I just don't believe it. I would love to see some sales numbers that support this.
    These books definitely need to be slowed down. There is beginning to be way too much at one time.

Dynamite does need to clarify how long these series are in general. None of them are believed to be ongoings but they're not saying how long they will be. Year One (until confirmed they're doing more arcs) is only six issues at this point.

Kevin Smith's story is only supposed to be 10 issues but no idea how long the Kato series is. We don't know how long Kato: Origins is. Certainly don't know how long Green Hornet Strikes is.

And the Parallel Lives book is only 4 issues.

Here's the thing (as someone else pointed out), by publishing all these books now, come January Dynamite will have a truckload of Green Hornet trade paperbacks just waiting for eager movie fans (assuming there are any) to purchase.

Basically, Dynamite is gambling that, down the road, these books will sell aces in the bookstore market. That said, I agree--they're going way overboard with these books.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

I wanted respond to the posts in this thread. Most of the Green Hornet books are monthly, and Green Hornet: Blood Ties was announced as a mini-series in its press release <<How did the two-man team of The Green Hornet and Kato bring about the fall of all crime in Century City? Find out in this exciting new mini-series!>>. Matt Wagner's Green Hornet: Year One will probably end as a maxi-series with issue #12, but this will only occur if Matt chooses not to continue with the title or isnít favorable of a potential new writerís direction.

We understand that all fans cannot read all of the Green Hornet books. But, by offering such diversity on all our Green Hornet and Kato titles, we are confident that at least one of our books will please Green Hornet fans! The creativity that goes into all our Green Hornet books is astounding, and we are very happy to report that these books are doing quite well for us. Also, you are correct that we are estimating that many of the Green Hornet collections will arrive in December and January, right before the Green Hornet 3D film starring Seth Rogen hits theaters next January!

I also wanted to add that The Lone Ranger is not cancelled. Issue #23 has shipped, and we're finishing up the current story arc with #25. The Lone Ranger has had a bi-monthly schedule (give or take) for the last 3 years. If your local shop is not ordering it, please ask him to order the newest issues.

In regards to Buck Rogers, you are right in saying that it is a great book. Unfortunately sales were not there. Buck Rogers will eventually return at Dynamite, but we hope to do it in a way that attracts more readers.

I hope the above info helps.

Your Dude and Dynamite!

Quote Originally Posted by DudeatDynamite View Post
    I wanted respond to the posts in this thread. Most of the Green Hornet books are monthly, and Green Hornet: Blood Ties was announced as a mini-series in its press release <<How did the two-man team of The Green Hornet and Kato bring about the fall of all crime in Century City? Find out in this exciting new mini-series!>>. Matt Wagner's Green Hornet: Year One will probably end as a maxi-series with issue #12, but this will only occur if Matt chooses not to continue with the title or isnít favorable of a potential new writerís direction.

We understand that all fans cannot read all of the Green Hornet books. But, by offering such diversity on all our Green Hornet and Kato titles, we are confident that at least one of our books will please Green Hornet fans! The creativity that goes into all our Green Hornet books is astounding, and we are very happy to report that these books are doing quite well for us. Also, you are correct that we are estimating that many of the Green Hornet collections will arrive in December and January, right before the Green Hornet 3D film starring Seth Rogen hits theaters next January!

I also wanted to add that The Lone Ranger is not cancelled. Issue #23 has shipped, and we're finishing up the current story arc with #25. The Lone Ranger has had a bi-monthly schedule (give or take) for the last 3 years. If your local shop is not ordering it, please ask him to order the newest issues.

In regards to Buck Rogers, you are right in saying that it is a great book. Unfortunately sales were not there. Buck Rogers will eventually return at Dynamite, but we hope to do it in a way that attracts more readers.

I hope the above info helps.

Your Dude and Dynamite!
    Dude at Dynamite, thanks for responding. I'm very glad that the Green Hornet books are doing well. He is an amazing character and deserves the recognition.

As for Lone Ranger, my local shop does pick it up and I love the series. However, its posted in the Dynamite Entertainment Boards that Lone Ranger is ending with issue 25.

http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com...ead.php?t=2492

If this is not true, that is awesome news as it is one of my absolute favourite comics being published right now.

I look forward to the return of Buck Rogers (and Zorro) and for the launch of The Phantom and Warlord of Mars (Damn, I get almost all of your books)

Thanks

MikeM

Thanks for all the info. And like asked previously, what's the status on Zorro? Is that coming back and is Matt Wagner still writing it?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Dude at Dynamite, thanks for responding. I'm very glad that the Green Hornet books are doing well. He is an amazing character and deserves the recognition.

As for Lone Ranger, my local shop does pick it up and I love the series. However, its posted in the Dynamite Entertainment Boards that Lone Ranger is ending with issue 25.

http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com...ead.php?t=2492

If this is not true, that is awesome news as it is one of my absolute favourite comics being published right now.

I look forward to the return of Buck Rogers (and Zorro) and for the launch of The Phantom and Warlord of Mars (Damn, I get almost all of your books)

Thanks

MikeM
    Something tells me for the most part the characters will go to a "series of minis" format solicited when they're completed.

Remember LR had plenty of gaps between arcs. If they do this, it can only be a good thing as they'll make sure it will still come out when it can come out and take as long as they need to.