Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: ADVANCE PREVIEW: "Invincible Iron Man" #29

Marvel Comics has released an advance preview of "Invincible Iron Man" #29, written by Matt Fraction with art and covers by Salvador Larocca. The issue hits stores Wednesday, August 11.

Full article here.

Child of Light Harold of the Rocks's Avatar

Thumbs up

Looks good. LaRocca has been consistently good on this title, and I'm loving the intrigue with ties between Stane and the Hammers. I thought Pepper made a great case for a suit of her own last issue, and even though I'm more interested in seeing Tony (and his latest suit) in action soon, Pepper's provided some fun action throughout Fraction's run.

Is Larocca going to start tracing Don Cheadle photos soon instead of T. Howard? Also lol @ the Nicole Kidman appearance.

Honestly, the mere idea of Pepper in a suit of armor still makes me want to bang my head against a hard surface.
    Current Pulls:
    Iron Man, Batman, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Daredevil, East of West, Iron Patriot, Mass Effect: Foundation, Moon Knight, New Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Honestly, the mere idea of Pepper in a suit of armor still makes me want to bang my head against a hard surface.
    Yeah.

Can't we have supporting characters who are just normal folks? Rhodey turing into a super-hero I could see. Dude had skills before he ever got a suit.

Pepper has no such skills.

It's a little strange and borders on feeling a little forced.

But I suppose with Mrs. Arbogast filling in that secretary role Pepper won't feel as redundant.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Me too. Hopefully though she'll stop complaining. When Tony first put the reactor in here chest she didn't care if it made her healthy. She didn't want to be seen as a weapon. Then when Tony took it back she started complaining about how she wanted it back. So she has it now. Hopefully that's enough.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    Me too. Hopefully though she'll stop complaining. When Tony first put the reactor in here chest she didn't care if it made her healthy. She didn't want to be seen as a weapon. Then when Tony took it back she started complaining about how she wanted it back. So she has it now. Hopefully that's enough.
    But really what about us poor readers, just when we thought he dropped that silly stuff he is back using page count. And what again was Pepper's problem with being a weapon, since when did she become such a pacifist?
    "The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us." (Paul Valery) - thus my blog In extremis

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

i would like to run over Pepper with a train. can you put a train in reverse?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

yeah I'm hoping Detroit Steel runs her over. What was the point of making her ceo of his company again?
    [Level 1 antagonism]
    Homer: Ned Flanders, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish to the eyes of others.
    Ned: Well howdy, Homer! Thanks for dropping by!
    [Level 2 antagonism]
    Homer: Past instances in which I professed to like you, were fraudulent.
    Ned: Oh well. I'll just have to try harder. Thanks for dropping by!
    [Maximum hostility factor]
    Homer: I engaged in intercourse with your spouse or significant other. Now that's psychiatry!

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exo View Post
    yeah I'm hoping Detroit Steel runs her over. What was the point of making her ceo of his company again?
    to dovetail the movie continuity, i guess.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Hopefully someone punches someone this issue.
    Reading: Fantastic Four, All-Star Western, Aquaman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Demon Knights, Scalped and The Walking Dead