Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Sales Estimates for June, 2010

Inside you'll find the sales estimates for comics and trade paperbacks for June 2010 with "New Avengers" #1 and "Batman" #700 taking the first and second positions on the chart for Marvel and DC, respectively.

Full article here.

That's odd. Marvel still has the edge over DC in market share in terms of both units and dollars, but the gap is narrowed in terms of dollars. I thought that Marvel was selling more comics at $4 than DC right now. Or do these sales figures also include trades, and DC is doing better with trade sales?
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

I see the Deadpool decline has kicked in.....I like the character but what the hell made Marvel think that a character who has struggled to maintain one ongoing title over a number of years could suddenly support 3(with a few minis thrown in).

Also,the Fantastic Four numbers are depressing.....If this title didn't have it's history and movie franchise to fall back on it'd be facing cancellation.....That is sad
    Kilmeaden......you could call it the fillet of cheddar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    That's odd. Marvel still has the edge over DC in market share in terms of both units and dollars, but the gap is narrowed in terms of dollars. I thought that Marvel was selling more comics at $4 than DC right now. Or do these sales figures also include trades, and DC is doing better with trade sales?
    I'm not sure, but it doesn't look like it's trades. They break it out with "top" comics and "top" trades. DC is selling more trades, but getting less in $ and vice versa for comics. So unless things are reversed with whatever trades are left, DC is doing it on the higher prices of their comics. It might be the two $5 comics that DC sold this month.

Quote Originally Posted by limerick View Post
    Also,the Fantastic Four numbers are depressing.....If this title didn't have it's history and movie franchise to fall back on it'd be facing cancellation.....That is sad
    You're over-reacting. 36K in unit sales is semi-respectable these days, good enough for the top 50. Anything below 20K in sales is getting into cancellation risk.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

BANNED

wow - people keep buying these Avengers comics in droves

Death of Dracula not even in the top 100. Surprising since its been touted as a big event of sorts. Tieing into the new x-series, doesn't really bode well.

Marvel still keeps on churning along even when DC threatens. DC always finds some way to screw things up.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by limerick View Post
    I see the Deadpool decline has kicked in.....I like the character but what the hell made Marvel think that a character who has struggled to maintain one ongoing title over a number of years could suddenly support 3(with a few minis thrown in).

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    You're over-reacting. 36K in unit sales is semi-respectable these days, good enough for the top 50. Anything below 20K in sales is getting into cancellation risk.
    Also, sales figures have been very solid over the past few months.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/