RedRobin's Battle Staff Lewismio's Avatar

Unhappy Dick Grayson is going to die?

Apparently they are going to kill him off in batman and robin

"BATMAN AND ROBIN #16
    Written by GRANT MORRISON
    Art by CAMERON STEWART
    Cover by FRANK QUITELY
    1:25 variant cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER
    Donít miss this fantastic finale as BATMAN AND ROBINís storyline connects with THE RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE! The climactic showdown between Batman and the Black Glove is finally here. Itís payback time for The Dark Knight as Batman and Robin face the ultimate evil. Will Damian betray his fatherís legacy? Will Bruce Wayne return just in time to see Dick Grayson die? Plus, The Joker and Professor Pyg!
    This is only the beginning of a startling new status quo for the BatmanÖ
    Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 15 ē 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US"

link is here http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=26690
    "<Burn? I don't think so. Get ready to bleed.>"
    Red Robin Issue one.

MEIN BLOG
    http://toys.blogs.linkbucks.com/

Relax, it's a mis-direction. Besides the solicits are never accurate to what happens in the book. Dick will live.
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

If it says such a big plot point in a solicit, it probably means the opposite.

...and multiple other writers have said they're using Dick Grayson in their books for awhile. Example, James Robinson, saying he's going to be in the JLA for the next few years.

No, they aren't.

Can't jump to conclusions from teasing solicits.

Would be a nightmare for DC and Didio to do it. Didio already got in PR trouble before with the idea.

Not going to happen.
    DC discarded their history, and now has none. DC will always be in the shadows of their past work.

If Dick was going to die it would most likely be Grant Morrison who gets to kill him.
    Im going with misdirection anyway
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

Yeah, clear misdirection, but imagine if he was killed.

Would we then get a Return of Dick Grayson? Dr. Hurt could use his Devilish powers (opposite of a God) to send Dick into the future and make him fight his way back to the the present, encountering Terry McGuinness, Damian, Himself(?) and Bruce along the way...

But, no, he'll live
    Frosty Jacks - The drink of Kings

if he dies then imma go turn terminator on DC. and nite-wing emma did cheat on scott with iron man while she with the dark x-men so you can remove that from your signuture

"Will Bruce Wayne return just in time to see Dick Grayson die?"

Besides the fact that that is a question and not a statement, I really doubt that they would give away a major plot point like that in a solicitation, three months in advance.

Dick will be fine.

It's probably unlikely.

But the beginning of "Batman & Robin #13" shows Dick shot in the head, doesn't that say it's possible? Not really confirming, but will possibly happen
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

I'm dressed to thrill! Murrocko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Abbasi View Post
    But the beginning of "Batman & Robin #13" shows Dick shot in the head, doesn't that say it's possible? Not really confirming, but will possibly happen
    Yeeeeeeeah, I really need to know how he gets out of that one.
    "My former associate has a thing for bats? You took up a pipe to quit smoking cigarettes? Wait, howzabout - holy mistaken identity!"

--Nightwing

Quote Originally Posted by Murrocko View Post
    Yeeeeeeeah, I really need to know how he gets out of that one.
    The ummm.... ummmm... the little piece of Kevlar sewn into his skull just in case?

I don't know, but it has certainly gotten my attention.

How does Dick survive?

The return of Bruce Wayne.

I'm not going to repeat the other posts regarding how solicits work, but I think some readers are accepting this "omg! Dick is dead!" way too soon. Not only is this issue the first part of a larger storyarc, but the narrative states that it takes places '3 days prior'--and against a surreal backdrop of an alternate timeline, no less, where Thomas kills both Martha and Bruce, or whatever the hell is going on. Clearly more will unfold.

Also, Dick tells Hurt, "You don't get it, do you? Its finished." That has to mean something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Abbasi View Post
    the beginning of that issue also shows that Bruce Wayne was murdered as a child...

FARCE