Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Dynamite Teases New Kirby-themed Project

Dynamite has released an Alex Ross painted teaser image featuring a number of Jack Kirby inspired images masked by letter spelling out Kirby's last name, accompanied by the statement "Genesis is coming!"

Full article here.

Captain Victory?
    Mario Di Giacomo

Oh Snap! So are we finally gonna see some Ross interior art again? This looks it may be a reimagining of Kirby's stuff that Topps Comics put out. Need. more. info. NOW!!!!!!!

this cant be Dynamite getting the rights to the Genesis West stuff right? Like Jack Kirby's Galactic Bounty Hunters? cuz didnt Marvel just do that?

Looks like Captain Victory...so possibly Silver Star also from Pacific Comics. Not sure if they could pull off the rights to the Topps Kirbyverse, but that would be sweet. It would also be nice if they could reconcile that Fighting American issue to go along with this.

I was very excited for Project Superpowers when it was announced and became slightly disappointed over time. Hopefully Ross' "friend" is a writer.
    Last edited by BugsySig; 07-07-2010 at 07:29 PM.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Dynamite seems to have a lot of fun stuff ahead. Hope it turns out as good as it sounds and I'm in

Kirby ?

Ross ?

I'm in.

Looks like the return of Captain Victory.

I'd love to see Dynamite get the Kirbyverse characters.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Oh. My.

Quote Originally Posted by connor_kent View Post
    this cant be Dynamite getting the rights to the Genesis West stuff right? Like Jack Kirby's Galactic Bounty Hunters? cuz didnt Marvel just do that?
    Was Galactic Bounty Hunters from Genesis West? I thought that was new material created for the Marvel ICON series. (So being ICON, Marvel's creator owned imprint, the Kirby estate should still owns it.)

It was ICON.

Hopefully we'll see some of that here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    Oh. My.

Was Galactic Bounty Hunters from Genesis West? I thought that was new material created for the Marvel ICON series. (So being ICON, Marvel's creator owned imprint, the Kirby estate should still owns it.)
    I think Galactic Bounty Hunters or some of its characters showed up in Last of the Viking Heroes #4. Or maybe it was some of the Phantom Force characters.

It's Captain Victory. OMG I just got a few of those issues (Pacific Comics).

Looking at the full-sized image it looks like Night Glider from the Topps Kirbyverse to Captain Victory's left and to his right it looks like a couple of the Galactic Bounty Hunters (never read it so I don't know their names).
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

hopefully we will get an official announcement at Comic Con here in a couple weeks.

Oh totally !

I will SO get these. I really liked the Kirbyverse back in the day. Won't part with mine, in fact.

Was very pumped for Victory back then. If memory serves it was Busiek and Giffen doing that. Only one issue came out IIRC.

Haven't read the Galactic Bounty Hunters yet. Was it good ? The reviews I read weren't so great, but I'll eventually get it.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    Oh totally !

I will SO get these. I really liked the Kirbyverse back in the day. Won't part with mine, in fact.

Was very pumped for Victory back then. If memory serves it was Busiek and Giffen doing that. Only one issue came out IIRC.

Haven't read the Galactic Bounty Hunters yet. Was it good ? The reviews I read weren't so great, but I'll eventually get it.
    Galactic Bounty Hunters had its moments. It had a really strong retro-Silver Age vibe, which was slightly off-setting. That said, there was a really strong serious undercurrent, which wasn't like the sort of thing you'd see from Kirby. You'd just have to read it to see what I'm talking about.

I liked it -- although I'm sure the story of a middle-aged baldheaded hero probably isn't the most gripping thing for some fans. Not exactly the sort of thing that fits with the idealization/projection most of us do when we read the books.