Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How many tons can Hulk lift?

On the Superman boards there is a thread titled "How many tons can Superman lift". So I was wondering how many tons can the Hulk lift. Don't say there isn't a limit because Hulk can't beat Galactus.

No clue on tons but he can lift over 200 million hot dogs.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

As many tons as the plot requires.
    Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Hulk View Post
    On the Superman boards there is a thread titled "How many tons can Superman lift". So I was wondering how many tons can the Hulk lift. Don't say there isn't a limit because Hulk can't beat Galactus.
    We've never seen the upper limit of his strength. Which isn't to say that he doesn't have one... but no one knows what it is. We'll probably never know, since his signature power is to get stronger.

Hulk held up a mountain in the original Secret Wars series!

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

In a calm state he maxes out at about 75 tons (or tonnes... I don't remember which). His strength increases from that point as he gets angrier. With no known limit to his rage, there is no known limit to his strength.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Predator101 View Post
    Hulk held up a mountain in the original Secret Wars series!
    Mountain range, actually.
    Expletive Deleted

Kirby was a cool guy, huh WilliamMcGuire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Treqqor View Post
    In a calm state he maxes out at about 75 tons (or tonnes... I don't remember which). His strength increases from that point as he gets angrier. With no known limit to his rage, there is no known limit to his strength.
    Didn't the Beyonder say "There is no finite element in his strength"?
    Looking for a Superman story to read?

Check out legionofsuperfans.blogspot.com for reviews and analysis of the greatest adventures of your favorite superhero!

Where time freezes Vanishing Point's Avatar

The Hulk is technically limitless in strength; he will continually get stronger as he gets angrier, and since anger can't be quantified this allows the writers to make him as powerful as needed. 'Infinite strength' is kind of misleading since he'll never be infinitely angry. So he has no set limit but an reason why he won't destroy everyone and everything in his path.

You're going at this the wrong way.

It's not how many tons can he lift, it's how tons does he want to lift!
    "The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side. Oh joy! Rapture! I got a brain!" -Ray Bolger as The Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz.

There's no upper limit to his strength. The most powerful we have seen him be is the "worldbreaker persona", in that state of anger his strength defies the laws of reality and a mere footstep crushes tectonic plaques causing worldwide damage. Can he get angrier and thus stronger than that? Probably there's no environment able to house him in the worlbreaker persona, I doubt there's something able to handle him if he goes above that power level.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Probably there's no environment able to house him in the worlbreaker persona, I doubt there's something able to handle him if he goes above that power level.
    Are you saying if he gets angrier than worldbreaker he could take Galactus?

150 billion tons is the highest number ever mentioned, and that was plain ol savage hulk. He has also punched meteors in half, and fought the Sentry to a standstill -- basically, really, really strong.

No, of course not. Super strength alone doesn't always lead to victory.

While the Hulk has no limit to his strength and that does indeed make him a powerful threat, there are still other ways of defeating someone.

Galactus has the power cosmic. That's like the power of "I win.", he doesn't have to get into a wrestling match or trade blows. He can just belt the Hulk with a power cosmic ray and liquify him.
    "The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side. Oh joy! Rapture! I got a brain!" -Ray Bolger as The Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz.

Galactus isn't the type to stand there to let you punch him. The guy could probably with Hulk out of existence.