Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Sales Estimates for May, 2010

Inside you'll find the sales estimates for comics and trade paperbacks for May 2010 with "Avengers" #1 handily topping the charts for Marvel and the industry, with "Return of Bruce Wayne" #1 heading up DC's offerings.

Full article here.

Marvel is still getting up in DC's @$$. Wow, I thought we'd see some changes by now.....

And I guess the battle for $2.99 comics is over by now.

Atlas #1 - 88.

Strong debut! And cancelled in 1, 2..Why do they keep giving Parker these chances?

I really really shouldn't be feeling so please that the Avengers delivered an ass wuppin' to Return of Wayne, buuut I do :D

Quote Originally Posted by ayof View Post
    Atlas #1 - 88.

Strong debut! And cancelled in 1, 2..Why do they keep giving Parker these chances?
    It outsold several other Marvel #1's and is outselling several ongoing Marvel titles (e.g. Moon Knight, X-Men forever).

And they "keep giving him these chances" because he's good.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Quote Originally Posted by froinlaven View Post
    Marvel is still getting up in DC's @$$. Wow, I thought we'd see some changes by now.....
    Well, DC wins in trades!
    (And absolutely dominates with them every year with the Book Scan numbers).

But Marvel was clever this month - the ended a line wide event, and launched two new #1's out of it in the same month.
    Amazing drop off from top spots to end of top ten though - DC can have more top ten books, but the drop off still can't get them a higher position - that gap on Avengers to Siege is crazy.
    ADVERTISE HERE!

May was one of those months in which i totally agree with the title selling more.Since Avengers#1 rocked and was one of the best starts for a new comic book in some time now.

Amazing Spider-Man should be in better spots that the Top 25,for some time now it have been all sort of awesome and been having some great Spider-Man stories.I dont remember many other periods of time in which A.S.M. had been so consistently so good as it had been in the last three years.

I am guessing that Thunderbolts in the next months will have better sales,with the stunning new direction it had by Jeff Parker.
    In which this title returned to its origins with a original new roster of characters.

And Spider-Man Fever not apearing in the Top 100 is disapointing.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

... The estimated total sales for the 300 comics was 6,148,778 comics which is up by 581,130 units from April and up by 518,596 units from May 2009. ...
    Hum... must be the "dan_bailey effect." I recall reading somewhere he's been buying comics again.