What are your controversial Anime or Manga related opinions?
I don't watch as much anime as I used too and the animes that I currently watch are either short, light hearted comedies, the occacional detective conan and Monster, but I'm sure we can get some real controversy about shows like Death Note, Naruto One Piece etc.
So let's Begin. Since I was somewhat active in the Death Note fandom, I know that this are controversial.
1. Sherlock Holmes would have cracked the Kira case wide open by Volume 2.
2. Light was a disgusting human being and some of his fangirl's arguments are disturbingly similar to Ted Bundy's Fan mail.
3. L should haved won, not Light. not Near. Not Mello. Just L.
4. That said, he did make some rather dumb mistakes, such as revealing that he wasn't Lind L. Tailor to Kira just to gloat. He would have had an advantage over Kira as a ''ghost''. That doesn't take away the fact that his big reveal during his introduction was way cool.
4. The L's Successors arc is inhumanely boring.
5. Near has got to be the most boring character in that series. He is L without the charm.
6. Even though the Anime adapts the Manga more faithfully, I think that the Movies are better. It's not just because they did away with the second arc but because the episodes of the anime are too damn short, they spend twenty minutes talking about what's about to happen, then for three minutes that happens and then ''To Be Continued''.
This happens in the manga too, but it isn't as bad because a) If one reads comics, one get's used to this type of thing, it comes with the medium and b) Since they come in TPBs, you hardly feel it anyway.
7. There is absolutely nothing but Contemptful respect between Light and L. They are not friends and they are not secret lovers. This shouldn't be controversial, what with it being official and all, but shippers will ship.
8. Jimmy Kudo would still be trying to figure the Kira case out by volume 57.
And here is one for Detective Conan.
TOO. DAMN. LONG. I wouldn't mind if there had been any type of substantial advance in the storyline after almost 16 years, like him finding a cure to the poison and being a Teenage Detective for the remaining of the series or something! Anything other than another BlackOrg arc with the only lasting effect being the introduction of a new character that will appear or be mentioned every now and then. It's a big elephant in the room that doesn't allow me to fully enjoy the series.
And I liked The Fullmetal Alchemist Anime better than the Manga.