Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Deadpool! Now With Extra Pulp!

We spoke with "Deadpool Pulp" writers Mike Benson and Adam Glass about taking readers back to the 1950s for the tale of how Wade Wilson became the man known as Deadpool, plus exclusive art from the first issue!

Full article here.

This looks somwhat interesting. I might add if thee's not a glut of Deadpool stuff when it comes out...
    SUPER CRAZY ANIMAL HAND! is coming... now with MIKE ALLRED cover!

follow me on twitter @janthonyh

We Crossed The Line Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogprod View Post
    This looks somwhat interesting. I might add if thee's not a glut of Deadpool stuff when it comes out...
    I think the only other Deadpool books coming out when this starts are the three ongoings.
    I rule me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Justin Crowe View Post
    three ongoings.
    Man, I miss when Deadpool wasn't shoved down everyone's throat, meaning I probably would have bought this if it came out three years ago.

Only problem I see is that the pulps were dead/dying in the 50s. Most shutdown or converted to digests in that time.

The heyday of the pulps was back in the 30s. Post WWII, they were dying off.

I thought about this when i was reading the article as well. Maybe we need a "The Big Sleep/Deadpool" crossover?

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Can't wait! Looks great and I was hoping I could get more Deadpool in my pull list.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

I need more Roberson! Count Yoda's Avatar

I loved Benson's run on Moon Knight, hopefully this is just as good or better.
    Taskmaster: I'm so much better than you. You can't win. You have to die.
    Moon Knight: Yes, kill me.... See if that works this time.

"Agnostic; lazy man's Atheist" - Pierce (Community)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_filler View Post
    Man, I miss when Deadpool wasn't shoved down everyone's throat, meaning I probably would have bought this if it came out three years ago.
    How is he shoved down your throat any more than any other character? There's ussually a warning label- either his name's in the title or his picture on the cover.

If you think you'll like Deadpool Pulp, then get Deadpool Pulp. If you are trying to make a statement, it apparently isn't working. All three of Deadpool's books make it into the top 100 every month.

Looks cool I like the different take on Deadpool

Quote Originally Posted by Saqism View Post
    How is he shoved down your throat any more than any other character? There's ussually a warning label- either his name's in the title or his picture on the cover.

If you think you'll like Deadpool Pulp, then get Deadpool Pulp. If you are trying to make a statement, it apparently isn't working. All three of Deadpool's books make it into the top 100 every month.
    Not to mention it's a classic Deadpool rip on the Noir line. Marvel, at the least, seems aware at Deadpool's newfound fame.

How did he get so popular anyway?
    "but the 616 is set in America."

- Rotm

I'm intrigued. I'll certainly be picking it up.
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy Lad View Post
    Not to mention it's a classic Deadpool rip on the Noir line. Marvel, at the least, seems aware at Deadpool's newfound fame.

How did he get so popular anyway?
    I know what you mean. After some thought, I think it starts with his appearance in Marvel Ultimate Alliance. He appeared in X-Men Legends II, but that doesn't appear to be where he caught on. Then he appeared in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, where he stole the spotlight from Wolverine. He deflects bullets with his swords, has the wittiest (albeit a bit dry) lines in the whole movie, and that's about all I remember about about an otherwise forgettable film. Just to clarify, I'm dissing the movie, not Wolverine.

Out of curiosity, they read Deadpool, like it, and stay onboard. Then there's the Deadpool faithfull who have waited for about twenty years for him to hit his stride, and are laughing at those who thought our icon could never achieve mass appeal.

This looks good. Mike Benson is really underrated.
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

Deadpool's finest moment in the last decade was when Stryfe tore his unfunny ass in half during Messiah war. Otherwise he remains an overexposed, overrated and witless waste of cash.

But I will concede that his appearance in the BEGINNING of the Wolverine film was the best part of the movie.