Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: BOOM! Grows Digital Presence

On the heels of their new iPad application shuttling big name titles to Apple's family of devices, BOOM! Studios is expanding their mobile comics plans via comiXology, iVerse, Graphic.ly, and Panelfly to release their entire backlist.

Full article here.

Am I understanding this? Will I be able to get these books on my desktop computer at home? If so, how?

Smile BOOM! on the Desktop

Quote Originally Posted by Evil@work View Post
    Am I understanding this? Will I be able to get these books on my desktop computer at home? If so, how?
    Right now you can go to http://graphic.ly and download our desktop app so you can read BOOM! comics on your desktop - and engage with your friends!

Let me know if you have any questions - micah@graphicly.com / micah@graphicly.com GTALK / 720-248-8499 cell

I believe it's only a available as an app on Ipod, Iphone, and Ipad.

I just got caught up on the apps for Irredeemable and Incorruptible.

BOOM!'s comics are available through comiXology, Graphic.ly, iVerse and Panelfly.

Graphic.ly, as Micah points out above, is a desktop app that any Mac or PC user can download and view on your laptop or desktop. Click Micah's link above.

comiXology has a beta of their webstore up at comics.comixology.com, where you can read our books through the browser.

Best,

Chip
    BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by moshdaddy View Post
    comiXology has a beta of their webstore up at comics.comixology.com, where you can read our books through the browser.
    Right. But isn't this is using a special version of Comixology? Much like Marvel has their own special app (which is almost identical to Comixology except it only has Marvel comics)? So can I buy the comic in this app and still view it on comics.comixology.com?

Default BOOM! on the desktop via comiXology

You can read BOOM! comics without any additional software at comics.comixology.com. Buy there and read on your iPhone, iPad or on your desktop computer.

Enjoy!

comiXology

Quote Originally Posted by John Lynch View Post
    Right. But isn't this is using a special version of Comixology? Much like Marvel has their own special app (which is almost identical to Comixology except it only has Marvel comics)? So can I buy the comic in this app and still view it on comics.comixology.com?
    Yep! You can buy on the BOOM! app or on the Comics by comiXology app or (soon) on comics.comixology.com, and you can read on any of those devices. They are COMPLETELY COMPATIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by comiXology View Post
    Yep! You can buy on the BOOM! app or on the Comics by comiXology app or (soon) on comics.comixology.com, and you can read on any of those devices. They are COMPLETELY COMPATIBLE!
    That's great news. Thanks for the info. It looks like Comixology has a very good chance at not being platform specific and will hopefully last beyond the iPad's lifespan.