Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: BOOM! Debuts on the iPad

BOOM! Studios has announced that they are entering the world of comics on the iPad through a partnership with comiXology, utlizing the digital comics publisher's platform to offer titles through the iTunes store.

Full article here.

In related news Boom Studios will be getting my money while DC continues to miss out. With the big two floundering when it comes to the iPad, now is the time for independents to really take advantage of digital distribution.

i second that!

i generally don't buy Boom/Dynamite/IDW books because of the 3.99 tag, but i recently purchased some on my Iphone-hard to pass up at .99-1.99 an issue on there.

with Marvel pushing nearly every book to 3.99, I will be buying less and less of their books in print and since their digital distribution sucks, I guess that means no Marvel for me anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by John Lynch View Post
    In related news Boom Studios will be getting my money while DC continues to miss out. With the big two floundering when it comes to the iPad, now is the time for independents to really take advantage of digital distribution.
    Ditto. I've been buying both Incorruptible and Irredeemable on the iPad, and it's only a month or two behind the print editions, for half the price. But since DC doesn't sell digital comics, they don't exist for me.