Default Huo Yuan Jia(Jet Li) vs Ip Man(Donnie Yen) vs Wong Fei-Hung(Jackie Chan)

From the movies "Fearless", "Ip Man", and "Drunken Master"(films) respectively. In 2 scenarios.

1) The fight takes place on a platform like the ones that Ip Man and Yuan Jia took their fights on. No weapons. Winning conditions are standard for those platforms. Knocking opponent off wins etc.

2) The fight takes place in a crowded market of a turn of the century Chinese town. Fight ends when to fighters are no longer able to fight.

P.S Yes Fei-Hung is allowed booze in both scenarios. By drinking before the match in scenario 1 and near by bars and stores in scenario 2.

Bonus question. For those familiar with them. Who would win if the historic name sakes of these 3 characters went at it. Say in a standard Khazan match.

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

I think Ip Man is a little behind the stats of the other two.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

Quote Originally Posted by mailedbypostman1 View Post
    I think Ip Man is a little behind the stats of the other two.
    You think so? Ip Man went threw 10 trained fighters(black belts) faster/with more ease then Fei-Hung went threw 4 thugs.

Not saying Ip Man would beat Fei-Hung. He doesn't have Fei-Hung's soak, but he may be a more proficient fighter.

Starting the operation! GrampaGen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstick View Post
    From the movies "Fearless", "Ip Man", and "Drunken Master"(films) respectively. In 2 scenarios.

1) The fight takes place on a platform like the ones that Ip Man and Yuan Jia took their fights on. No weapons. Winning conditions are standard for those platforms. Knocking opponent off wins etc.
    Generally, Yuanjia's hits carry a lot more impact behind them, so I'll give it to him.

2) The fight takes place in a crowded market of a turn of the century Chinese town. Fight ends when to fighters are no longer able to fight.

P.S Yes Fei-Hung is allowed booze in both scenarios. By drinking before the match in scenario 1 and near by bars and stores in scenario 2.
    Ip Man is arguably the best with improvised weaponry - the pole in the textile factory, the knives and the...skid in the fish market - while Yuanjia's the best with conventional weaponry. If Yuanjia can find a spear or a dao, I'd give it to him by a very slim margin.

Fei Hung, for all his bench-fu, is rather outmatched. Granted, he did have the dao and the split bamboo pole, but the former didn't showcase him to the level of the other two, I feel, and the latter required some extensive support from Lau Kar Leung's character.

Bonus question. For those familiar with them. Who would win if the historic name sakes of these 3 characters went at it. Say in a standard Khazan match.
    Yuan Jia and especially Fei Hung have been elevated to a mythic status to the point where it's difficult to distinguish what's true and what's not. Ip Man was much more grounded as a Wing Chun grandmaster until very recently.

Were we to argue Style vs Style - Yuanjia - Mizongyi; Fei Hung - Hung Gar Kuen; Ip Man - Wing Chun Kuen - I only have a surface knowledge of the principles of each, not enough to draw a conclusion.

...um...so not being entirely familiar with Wong Fei Hung's actual historical feats, it comes down to Huo Yuanjia, who used to guard caravans from bandits with his father, and Ip Man, who used to be a Guomintang military police officer in Guangdong. And I still can't really call it.

Quote Originally Posted by GrampaGen View Post
    Generally, Yuanjia's hits carry a lot more impact behind them, so I'll give it to him.
    Yuanjia hits may of carried more impact, but Ip Man seemed faster and Fei-Hun had absurd soak.

Ip Man is arguably the best with improvised weaponry - the pole in the textile factory, the knives and the...skid in the fish market - while Yuanjia's the best with conventional weaponry. If Yuanjia can find a spear or a dao, I'd give it to him by a very slim margin.
    As I recall Yuanjia won a few matches rather handily with just a stick.

Fei Hung, for all his bench-fu, is rather outmatched. Granted, he did have the dao and the split bamboo pole, but the former didn't showcase him to the level of the other two, I feel, and the latter required some extensive support from Lau Kar Leung's character.
    I'd say that a poll and knives are a fair bit closer to conventional weapons then a bench. In fact they are more or less weapons a bench is not. In other words and mind you this borders on semantics. Fei-Hung may be better with improvised weapons.

Ip Man trained Bruce Lee.
    Wong Fei-Hung, Hung Ga style unique i might say.
    Huo, style Mizongyi. is a unique shaolin art.

In a fight Wong Fei might win, but takes it hard.
    Knowledgeable in Marvel/DC

Starting the operation! GrampaGen's Avatar

Yuanjia hits may of carried more impact, but Ip Man seemed faster and Fei-Hun had absurd soak.
    Given Ip Man's performance against Taylor "the Twister" Milos, while he's good at dishing out a lot of hits, he's not very good at taking them. The hits he took from him were not on the level of Yuanjia's, who in his montage of becoming the champion of Tianjin, send two guys flying with straight punches.

And I don't see Ip Man being much faster, if at all, either. Yuanjia was much more mobile on his feet in his one on one fights, and while Ip Man took on ten guys, Yuanjia took on about twice as many in the aformentioned montage with one-shot KOs.

Fei Hung's got high soak, yes, but he relied too much on that, especially when he was piss drunk. That would be a deadly mistake against someone who can trap his arms like Ip Man, or someone who can concave his chest, like Yuanjia.

We've done the Yen-Ip Man/Chan-Feihung fight, and I stand by my thoughts on that matchup, that Yen's Ip Man is stronger and more skilled.

I've only seen Fearless once, and a long time ago, so I can't really comment on that one. :)

Given Ip Man's performance against Taylor "the Twister" Milos, while he's good at dishing out a lot of hits, he's not very good at taking them. The hits he took from him were not on the level of Yuanjia's, who in his montage of becoming the champion of Tianjin, send two guys flying with straight punches.

And I don't see Ip Man being much faster, if at all, either. Yuanjia was much more mobile on his feet in his one on one fights, and while Ip Man took on ten guys, Yuanjia took on about twice as many in the aformentioned montage with one-shot KOs.

Fei Hung's got high soak, yes, but he relied too much on that, especially when he was piss drunk. That would be a deadly mistake against someone who can trap his arms like Ip Man, or someone who can concave his chest, like Yuanjia.
    Li Yuan Jia can take hits from O'brian, who can stop a train with one hit!