Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DKR View Post
    Here's an update. Gamestop has a release date set for September 7 and as a preorder bonus, you get a code for a Cosmic variant for all 4 Spider-Men:

The first two are obviously Amazing and Noir, and that 4th one is definitely 2099, just look at the arm blades and fangs on the mask. I have no idea on the third one.
    Oh hell that looks awesome.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

Hmm, that third image really is a hard pick to make. The only thing it does confirm is that it's not a version of him with physical 'defining' characteristics (for example: the nose/size of Spider-Ham, the decay of Zombie Spider-Man, or the body a teenage girl). This one probably doesn't stray too much from the regular Spider-Man suit.

The only standout features I notice is that his costume is black where 'Amazing' features white (and a little red) and that his eyes seem (to me, at least) to 'glow' a bit more than the other three.

We've got past (Noir), present (Amazing), and future (2099). I really have no idea.

Here's an update. Gamestop has a release date set for September 7 and as a preorder bonus, you get a code for a Cosmic variant for all 4 Spider-Men:

The first two are obviously Amazing and Noir, and that 4th one is definitely 2099, just look at the arm blades and fangs on the mask. I have no idea on the third one.
    Yeah, that fourth one is definitely the 2099 version. As for that third one, considering how the white leggings and atomic pattern is black, not to mention the mouth covering is also black instead of the familiar red, I'd say the third Spider-Man is a symbiotic infected Spider-Man a la Web of Shadows.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 03-30-2010 at 09:14 PM.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Four degrees higher Cheesedique's Avatar

Well, this looks like it has loads of potential. The dimension-spanning aspect is cool, but I'm not sure if it's very "Spidey" (as in his world is depicted as mostly down-to-earth in the comics). Making a game within a game out of Noir is a brilliant idea. More people should be exposed to that series.

There's an obvious affection for the entire Spider-man comics history here. I just hope it plays better than Web Of Shadows. I did play that one to the end, and there were cool parts, but it was head-burstingly repetitive.

What if the 3rd mystery Spidey world pictured above is Spider-man Unlimited? Doesn't look like it, but they could've altered the pic above to throw people off.

I hardly think that's any of your business.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Yeah, that fourth one is definitely the 2099 version. As for that third one, considering how the white leggings and atomic pattern is black, not to mention the mouth covering is also black instead of the familiar red, I'd the third Spider-Man is a symbiotic infected Spider-Man a la Web of Shadows.
    Well it does look very symbiote. It would be a good tie-in to WoS. I do have another idea that it could be Poison from What If: The Other, but probably not.

I do have another idea that it could be Poison from What If: The Other, but probably not.
    I think we have a winner. That's what it looks like to me, too. And I'll honestly be a little disappointed if that's the case; I don't feel that it's very inspired; basically, it's them just wanting to a "symbiote Spidey" because it's like the default "extreme" but slightly more creative and obscure than just being Venom. With the other very interesting and different selections, I would've preferred something to really make the game pop.

I will add, though, that it's cool to bring back the Captain Universe suit. I hope it still gives you invincibility; I thought that was a smart concept.

-Pav, who wants to be fair: I loved being able to play as the Ben Reilly Spider-Carnage in WoS; it actually made the game from me...

This game's idea sounds promising and I hope it will deliver. Just saw the trailer and it's awesome. I especially love the badass Noir Spider-Man, although I prefer his coat unbuttoned like the minis. I wonder if he will use guns

About the remaining Spideys, I guess 2099 (confirmed), and Symbiote version
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSmith View Post
    Where was this image taken from?
    No idea, I just found it on Google.

I hardly think that's any of your business.

Quote Originally Posted by preppistonpav View Post
    -Pav, who wants to be fair: I loved being able to play as the Ben Reilly Spider-Carnage in WoS; it actually made the game from me...
    I still hate that Wii's the only console that got the bonus costumes.

I still hate that Wii's the only console that got the bonus costumes.
    No worries, bro. As a Wii-owner, I don't get to play one of the greatest and most fun multiplayer game ever, Left 4 Dead.

You win some, you lose some.

-Pav, who is thinking to himself: Noir seems modeled after Splinter Cell, and if 2099's style is similar to God of War, then HOPEFULLY we get a Left 4 Dead-inspired Marvel Zombies level...

Really looking forward to this game. It's a very new bold step the developers are taking. I like it when they do that. It's good to try new things.
    From now on we're poison to you Spider-Man. That's why we call ourselves... VENOM!!!

sounds cool! Cant see the link though, stupid work filter.

very delicious sandwich littlemaths's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    There's an obvious affection for the entire Spider-man comics history here. I just hope it plays better than Web Of Shadows. I did play that one to the end, and there were cool parts, but it was head-burstingly repetitive.
    Repetitive, yes. Undeniably. But they nailed the combat mechanics to a degree that I don't think any other Spider-Man game has achieved.

Not to be a debbie downer, but i lvoe the concept of this game and all, but the gameplay doesnt look entirely too different
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Well this confirms 2099 and Symbiote infected Web of Shadows bad ending ending. I guess that means this game is also going to be in continity with Web of Shadows. I got to say I am insanely happy we get to play as 2099 such an awesome character and great world to play with. My guess is there using Symbiote infected world because Zombie infected would not work for a T rating. Wolvie can get away with an M rating but no way are they doing a M-Rated Spider-Man.

I wished we could of gotten Spider-Girl but two futures and one that would look and play very simular to Amazing I guess wouldn't work.