Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,982

    Default CBR: DC Teams with Adidas and Dwight Howard to Create Superman Apparel

    DC Comics has announced a deal with official NBA uniform provider Adidas and NBA Superstar Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic to create apparel and footwear inspired by Superman.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    My give a damn's busted. KevinTBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland!
    Posts
    10,014

    Default

    This could either be really cool or truly horrible....
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous

    Everybody has a right to have an opinion, no matter how wrong they might be.

    Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives. ~ John Stuart Mill

  3. #3
    Enjoy the silence Comicbookfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orwell
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Awesome! D-Howard is the man, i still flip out when i see the Slam Dunk Contest where he made me believe a man could fly! Way cool.

  4. #4
    Run Devil Run Jae Namkyoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Marcos, Texas
    Posts
    6,898

    Default

    Sweet, maybe we can get some Batman apparel? I think there is some, I'll google around about it but this is awesome (now if I can just get some Black Canary gear that'd be great...)

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    I think they're about a year and a half too late for this.

    You're supposed to do this right after the NBA All-Star Weekend not this long after when he can't play in the slam dunk contest anymore.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,412

    Default CBR:DC/Adidas/Superman

    I hate to be the cranky one here but is any of Adidas's overpriced so called apparel even made here in the states? Or for that matter,will any of DC's licensed junk be made here? I brought this up with the completely disconnected numnods at Joystiq over DC's video game studio going to Montreal which no one there seemed to care about. Does Dwight Howard care or even know?

  7. #7
    Senior Member superchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    birkenhead. UK
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    So this covers men and boys, with the new Supergirl line covering little girls. Something is missing.

    Alton, who cares if it was made in the USA? You forget Superman wasn't made in the USA either. You turn him upside down and he may say 'made in kryptonopolis' ;)

  8. #8
    Blue Boba ABH-1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,673

    Default

    Is Dwight Howard going to star in a new Steel movie and get the Superman-"S" tatooed on his arm, ala Shaq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    I hate to be the cranky one here but is any of Adidas's overpriced so called apparel even made here in the states? Or for that matter,will any of DC's licensed junk be made here? I brought this up with the completely disconnected numnods at Joystiq over DC's video game studio going to Montreal which no one there seemed to care about. Does Dwight Howard care or even know?
    Probably not, but it's a little late to be upset by this kind of thing, isn't it? How much of our stuff is made in the states anyways, and why should it matter to non-American Superman fans? Because DC comics (and WB) is an American Company all related products have to be made here?

    Quote Originally Posted by superchick View Post
    So this covers men and boys, with the new Supergirl line covering little girls. Something is missing.
    ... ... oh, you're upset that they aren't making Supergirl clothing for grown Women?
    Last edited by ABH-1979; 06-11-2010 at 11:43 AM.

  9. #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,089

    Default

    Shaq needs to take a shit on these shoes.

  10. #10
    Senior Member superchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    birkenhead. UK
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post

    ... ... oh, you're upset that they aren't making Supergirl clothing for grown Women?
    Absolutely, they shop out their womens line to Junk Food or other retro companies rather than the high street. I think I've see Supergirl/Wonder Woman underwear for women, thats all.

  11. #11
    Elder Member Free-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superchick View Post
    Absolutely, they shop out their womens line to Junk Food or other retro companies rather than the high street. I think I've see Supergirl/Wonder Woman underwear for women, thats all.
    I don't get it. What do you mean the "high street"?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •