Default Stuart Sayger to Draw MACHETE for IDW!

BIG NEWS Y'ALL... I'll be drawing the upcoming MACHETE comic book from IDW! Yes..! The same MACHETE we know as the forthcoming Robert
    Rodriguez movie! News was annouced at this weekend's Heroescon in Charlotte!

This one is going to be a BLAST to draw... I can't wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R10ljA0-sHs
    S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com

DAMN!!!! That is some great news. I can't wait to see how this project turns out ( pssst bring some sketches to S.D. ). Dig what your doing on Death Ship, so the fun of going to the comic shop and picking up your work will ain't ending soon but I gotta ask about Shiver......

Phil

Default Machete san diego!

Hey there Phil... I thought that you might turn up... Deathship #4 is on my drafting table right now getting the finishing touches and then Machete has to have just about all of my attention for a while... The IDW people have been pretty happy with me and it seems that a few other offers have shown up as well... You know that I'd like nothing more than to have Shiver in the Dark come back... but right now other fish must be fried... i keep saying that shiver will be back.. and it will.... believe me it will!

I'll bring some Machete work to San Diego for sure!
    see you soon!
    S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com

I was totally an extra in machete, Can't wait for this comic. I love Danny Trejo!

oooh, can I be an extra in the comic?!?!?

Is this a one-shot, mini, or on-going?
    Last edited by janthonyh; 06-08-2010 at 04:04 PM.
    SUPER CRAZY ANIMAL HAND! is coming... now with MIKE ALLRED cover!

follow me on twitter @janthonyh

Default Machete series

Good question regarding the length of the Machete comic... I believe that this will be a 4 issue series... I can't tell you much about it, but I will let you know that the comic book IS NOT a movie adaptation... YES, INDEED this will be an all new story!
    S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com

Any idea when it will come out? will it coincide with the labor day release of the movie?

Default machete release date

I think that some of the details are still being hammered out... But I believe that the release date for the Machete comic book with be in December... And as the comic book will have a different story than the movie the time between the movie release date and the comic book should be a very good thing!
    S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com

working class villain starkoryan81's Avatar

Hey, congratulations on landing this Machete gig! Sounds cool... I wasn't familiar with your work, but after browsing these threads and your website, it looks like you'll be able to bring some chaotic grindhouse-style goodness to the proj. Blood, grit, and gunmetal! Go crazy on that thing.
    r

Grey Warden in the house! heystacy's Avatar

That's good news.
    You should be good because in hell there is only customer service positions to be filled, and in heaven, you get to make the calls.

Please visit: Yeah, I Write This Blog
    Several Deadly CINEs.

Just saw the IDW Sept solicits. Machete #0 appears, looks like a teaser for the mini that coincides with the movie realease...

Anymore news on issue #1? I loved the zero issue, can't wait to read this series...

Default machete zero..only issue

Sadly it looks that Machete is only going to be the zero issue... No follow up issues... Too bad, the concept would be perfect to be a comic book. I had fun drawing it, and wanted to do more...
    S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com