Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Millar and Yu Are "Superior"

Mark Millar and Leinil Francis Yu have announced \"Superior,\" a new, creator-owned project that will be hitting stores in October 2010. Millar has provided CBR with an exclusive look at 5 teaser posters for the project.

Full article here.

I wonder if it'll be a new take on the superhero comic book genre.

Default hmm

i wonder if this will be terrible... Maybe he should work on getting nemesis #2 out first. Just saying.

I'm wondering what publisher is releasing this project, because, with Millar and Yu, I'd think that this would be at Icon, which is a Marvel Imprint, not an independent. I hate to open that old argument again, but Marvel or DC backed books are not independent to me.

But hey, maybe it's with Image or Boom! (Chip Mosher...you around?) or somebody like that, but you'd figure the publisher backing this would want to be up front and center, on the teasers right away. Love him or hate him, Millar's going to bring in readers.

We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

How many years between issues do you think there will be? Neither of these two ever get anything out remotely on time. Think of WAR HEROES which comes out every few years. Or ULTIMATE HULK vs WOLVERINE. Which really wasn't the artists fault.

I'm starting to feel like Millar has something against me. He keeps stealing all my favorite artists for unreadable dreck. I mean, i thought i'd by about anything McNiven did.

all these promos look pretty cliche and like things i've seen before... I wonder if this is gonna be Millar's Superman script converted to a creator-owned comic...

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

Quote Originally Posted by seanx View Post
    How many years between issues do you think there will be? Neither of these two ever get anything out remotely on time. Think of WAR HEROES which comes out every few years. Or ULTIMATE HULK vs WOLVERINE. Which really wasn't the artists fault.
    Yu has been quite timely the last few years as far as i can recall. I think Secret Invasion 8 was 2 weeks late, but they also made it double sized... (and you can't fault him for Ult H-vs-W, he can't write something with no words... he CRANKED it out after the script was finally turned in...)

BANNED

I thought there would be more people bashing Millar by now.

Quote Originally Posted by machu View Post
    i wonder if this will be terrible... Maybe he should work on getting nemesis #2 out first. Just saying.
    That was my first thought.

I'm guessing this is Millar's "Superman", so it should made a nice companion to Nemesis. Could use a better title. Too similar to "Supreme".

Guys, this is gonna be the greatest thing since sliced fuckin' bread.

Just ask Millar.
    Live Comics. Love Comics.

"Don't ever be afraid to be a fan." - Jason Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandas View Post
    That was my first thought.

I'm guessing this is Millar's "Superman", so it should made a nice companion to Nemesis. Could use a better title. Too similar to "Supreme".
    Eh...I think the title is fine. Yeah it's sort of similar to Supreme, but are there that many Supreme fans out there? Besides, a good superhero name is hard to come by. Just ask Boom Boom, or Boomer, or Meltdown. Tabitha Smith! That's it.

Let me guess:

It's a Superman analogue who comes from the 3rd world, and is going to set things straight by putting the 1st world in its place. So what we define as a terrorist will actually be a hero, blahblahblah.

And the big political point will be to make us reconsider the heroic ideal, feel bad about being western, etc etc., and be all edgy and "insightful".

That's my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PympMyQuinjet View Post
    Guys, this is gonna be the greatest thing since sliced fuckin' bread.

Just ask Millar.
    hahahhaha!

I bet the front cover will have tagline: Makes Nemesis look Inferior!

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post
    all these promos look pretty cliche and like things i've seen before...
    He might be using the cliches (including the name) to set us up and then do a 180 turn like an ubermensch fooling the world with his Superman-like attitude only to become a new Hitler with a benevolent appearance or something like that. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post
    I wonder if this is gonna be Millar's Superman script converted to a creator-owned comic...
    Based on the posters and the name, I think so, yeah. At least a Superman-inspired story. It's not much so he could go in an entirely different direction.
    "Corruptus In Extremis"

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. Jorge Luis Borges

"Omne animal triste est post coitum"