Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Dynamite Acquires "Total Recall" License

Dynamite Entertainment announced this morning that the publisher has acquired the "Total Recall" license from StudioCanal, adding the classic scifi property to their upcoming comic book lineup.

Full article here.

Boom! Studios really started a trend of Phillip K Dick books didn't they...

No Nick, I said "The Matrix"!! Buy The Matrix!!

Total Recall was a great film. Probably the best of Arnold's, IMO. I'm not sure how many people remember that gem, but watch it if you haven't before, it's good. Dynamite's obviously got some deep pockets here, maybe it's all those copies of Smith's Green Hornet they sold? Anyway, keep making the headlines, I'm as interested in your output as ever.

Oh, and everybody, buy Green Hornet Year One. It's one of the best looking hero comics out there. Plus Matt Wagner writes it. 'Nuff said.

What Dynamite is doing now reminds me a lot of what Marvel and DC used to do in the '80s--limited-run series based off of movies and toylines--but Dynamite is leaning more towards licensed properties that have been out of the public eye for a while.

I'm actually getting a real kick seeing the revival of some properties like Buck Rogers, RoboCop, and others...
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

More good books for me to check out. That works for me :) just hope they aren't overwhelming themselves with all these new books to come out

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Exclamation

As much as I loved the movie, can someone explain to me WHY anyone would be interested in reading a comic based on a one-shot movie from 20 years ago?!? Is there that much there to warrant more?

I've never really thought to myself, "Gee I wish I could read a Total Recall comic".

Although, I will admit that I'd like to hear more about the series. The article doesn't really say too much about the comic itself, rather it describes the movie.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives.

So is this supposed to be an adaptation of Total Recall or something else? Because DC Comics has already done an adaptation back in 1990.

http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=30406