Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: PHXCC: "Chewing" It Up With John Layman

"Chew" creator and writer John Layman discussed the future of the series with fans at last weekend's Phoenix Comicon, including teases about new characters, a whole new direction and a possible movie deal.

Full article here.

I love CHEW. Still waiting for the second tpb. Good to know that it will have an ending and run for a good amount of time. Good luck! And, here's hoping to some great stories!
    alpha flight 2011

I had heard about Chew a lot on Millarworld (Layman is a member) but never got into it until the first trade was released. It was a good price so I picked it up and instantly loved it. Bought the second arc in singles.The art is fantastic. Really suits the series well. Looking forward to the new arc.

Interesting that the movie rights have been bought. Layman himself has said he'd prefer to do a tv series. If either gets made (movie or tv show) hopefully it will be good and they'll be smart enough to have Layman involved.
    On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig M.D. View Post
    I had heard about Chew a lot on Millarworld (Layman is a member) but never got into it until the first trade was released. It was a good price so I picked it up and instantly loved it. Bought the second arc in singles.The art is fantastic. Really suits the series well. Looking forward to the new arc.

Interesting that the movie rights have been bought. Layman himself has said he'd prefer to do a tv series. If either gets made (movie or tv show) hopefully it will be good and they'll be smart enough to have Layman involved.
    This book would be funner than hell on Showtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig M.D. View Post
    Just a small but significant correction to article: Circle of Confusion is MANAGING the as-of-yet-unsold MEDIA rights. These are great, smart folks, responsible for the 30 Days of Night deal, Walking Dead, and, most recently, Brubaker and Phillip's Incognito. But Circle of Confusion do not hold film rights. Nobody does.
    Last edited by themightylayman; 05-31-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by themightylayman View Post
    Just a small but significant correction to article: Circle of Confusion is MANAGING the as-of-yet-unsold MEDIA rights. These are great, smart folks, responsible for the 30 Days of Night deal, Walking Dead, and, most recently, Brubaker and Phillip's Incognito. But Circle of Confusion do not hold film rights. Nobody does.
    Hopefully whoever picks up the rights will be true to the spirit of the source material. Showtime or HBO might be a good choice since they wouldn't have to clean up the material for television. Some of the stuff can be pretty gross.

I freaking love Chew. Layman, you are a brilliant bastard and every panel of Guillory's art is like being slapped in the face by awesomeness. #11 needs to come out so I can get my fix. I need it maaan.