Page 223 of 282 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4224
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DiceRoll View Post
    Agreed, I didn't mean to imply preference. It was just voicing my disagreement to the ones that say that Marvel's making the X-Men look "evil" and making the Avengers their golden boys. Yeah...I'm not seeing it.
    Well I think they figured when writing HoM and CW that they could just gloss over those actions when they needed to and people would be okay with it, but the fans never seem to have let that go. It's actually good that they're taking a more measured approach in AvX, though they do seem pretty transparently shuffling their feet over this. Hence why the really blatantly obvious atrocities were given to the disposable members of the P5, while Emma and especially Scott can still be portrayed as heroic to a degree. I mean, the other three were obviously chosen for this purpose, it otherwise makes no sense why the likes of Storm or Magneto weren't included in the P5 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I wonder if Hickman will ever shake up theses boards as much as Bendis? I sure hope not. It'll mean he mangaed to be more widely accepted.

Peace
    That is quite impossible. Bendis was hated by some fans even before taking over Avengers. Remember this was the crazy times of the Bill Jemas era where Bill and Joe Q were seen on every forums, they wanted to make noise, even if it's piss off as much people as they wanted. And guys like Bendis and Millar and so forth were the faces behind the creative end of that era and some people hated those change.

Now I was not amongst those because I liked DD and Alias Ultimate Spiderman, etc...And then Disassembled and what happened after well you know the story.

On the otherhand, Hickman has managed to kill Johnny Storm without so much as one hate mail. He's one of the few writers who have not really piss off any portion of fandom. Then again it's the Avengers now so we'll see if he can survive. lol
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

BANNED

Bendis DID overstay his welcome. He should have left after Seige. It was the perfect closure and jumping off point to his run. Everything that happened in his run tied up in a neat little bow there. After that, he has just been dragging his feet.

Peace
    If that happens I look forward to that day.
    Less Bendis fans and hardcore X-Fans.
    Who knows maybe will finally talk about the story
    itself. Though thats just wishful thinking.

BANNED

Bendis DID overstay his welcome. He should have left after Seige. It was the perfect closure and jumping off point to his run. Everything that happened in his run tied up in a neat little bow there. After that, he has just been dragging his feet.

Peace
    I think Bendis should have stepped off a little while back as well. Or at least not have his run interrupted by so many big events that he ended up on a whimper rather than a bang.

However, that doesn't mean that there is an equal number of people who want him gone that liked his run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    That is quite impossible. Bendis was hated by some fans even before taking over Avengers. Remember this was the crazy times of the Bill Jemas era where Bill and Joe Q were seen on every forums, they wanted to make noise, even if it's piss off as much people as they wanted. And guys like Bendis and Millar and so forth were the faces behind the creative end of that era and some people hated those change.

Now I was not amongst those because I liked DD and Alias Ultimate Spiderman, etc...And then Disassembled and what happened after well you know the story.

On the otherhand, Hickman has managed to kill Johnny Storm without so much as one hate mail. He's one of the few writers who have not really piss off any portion of fandom. Then again it's the Avengers now so we'll see if he can survive. lol
    Yeah, but did anyone really think that Johnny Storm was really dead, forevers and evers? Or was it more along the lines of "So when is he coming back?"

Why isn't Rick Jones constantly being kidnapped by various supervillains such as Dr. Doom hoping to unlock the secret of the Destiny Force.

Why isn't Rick Jones with the Destiny Force battling the P5.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    ha. you read my mind. i had written monkey king but, thinking he was too obscure, wrote Fat Cobra in his spot. i do like Sun Wukong. he has a similar "mythic" feel like Thor or Hercules.
    I would even buy Angers books if they had the Money King even the depowered pale imitation that Marvel uses
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    I would even buy Angers books if they had the Money King even the depowered pale imitation that Marvel uses
    Money King, eh? Coming this November, Wolverine - Journey to the West, featuring Spider-Ham as Zhu Bajie.
    Last edited by PwrdOff; 08-05-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Peace
    ALMOST everything was wrapped up in Siege.

The Wanda stuff (which essentially began Bendis run on Avengers) and the Decimation stuff is being wrapped up as we speak in AvX.

I think Bendis essentially began an era in Marvel with Disassembled, which as a whole is coming to an end in AvX. And I think that's actually a big part of why stuck around until this point.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

The Wanda stuff (which essentially began Bendis run on Avengers) and the Decimation stuff is being wrapped up as we speak in AvX.

I think Bendis essentially began an era in Marvel with Disassembled, which as a whole is coming to an end in AvX. And I think that's actually a big part of why stuck around until this point.
    Bendis had to stick around until the guy he mentored Hickman was ready to take over and continue his legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

The Wanda stuff was touched upon in CC, with witch Bendis had noting to do, and Decimation is being followed up by COMITEE in AvsX, so, no reason for Bendis to have stuck with the Avengers just for that (it's not like he was leaving Marvel). Wanda was just an excuse for the deconstruction of the Avengers, a spark, never a story point, and Decimation was also a comitee editorial decision which he just happened to enact, not one of his story points.
    In Seige, his deconstruction of the Avengers had reached it's climax, returning to it's starting point. Dark Reign had ended. Cap, Thor and Iron Man were back, the new Heroic age was there, and the NA even had their walk into the sun happy ending (literaly).
    I still mantain it was the perfect jumping off point for him. Everything since has seemed... pointless.

Peace

Okay, time for a new controversial opinion.
    Now, I'm fully aware this one is purely wishful thinking, and that it won't happen (at least I don't think it will. Don't know what Hickman has planned), but I think the Avengers should be disbanded and start over as a new organization completely separate from the one (ones?) that came before. New members, new charter, new rules.
    Why? What would be the difference? What does that mean?
    It means a fresh start in terms of membership. Whoever was a member before, would not automatically be a member now. IMHO, the Avengers have had so many members that it's become hard to keep track of who was and who wasn't. For exemple, was Masque only an ally, or was she awarded membership, even if honorary? What about Doctor Voodoo? And so on. It wouldn't mean that the past didn't happen, it would only have less of a influence on the now. Imagine, if this were to happen today, the Wasp would not be a founding member of this new team, even if she did eventually come back and join, but Hawkeye or even Luke Cage could. Of course, for something like this to happen, I think it'd be necessary to stop with the multiple teams, including Secret and Uncanny, and we all know that won't happen.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Why isn't Rick Jones constantly being kidnapped by various supervillains such as Dr. Doom hoping to unlock the secret of the Destiny Force.

Why isn't Rick Jones with the Destiny Force battling the P5.
    The answer to the second question is that the Destiny Force is unreliable.

I was going to say that there’s no good answer to the first question but then it hit me that anyone kidnapping Rick would have everyone from the Avengers to the Loners to the Spaceknights after them. Of course, I can’t see Dr Doom caring what Captain America thinks and the Leader already has a habit of making the Hulk angry.
    New and improved me. Now with a CAPITAL “B”.

There should be an Avengers UK miniseries.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    There should be an Avengers UK miniseries.
    With Captain Britain in Secret Avengers, the UK team could be led by Meggan. She was able to lead a revolution in Hell, after all, so I think she's ready to lead a team.

Of course, it would need to be called either Excalibur or MI:13.