Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sunday night cartoon finales

Simpsons, Family Guy and Cleveland Show have joined American Dad on Summer hiatus. Did any one watch the season finales?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Never watched them, but I did buy "Something, Something, Something Darkside" on DVD a while back, and to my knowledge that was the Family Guy Finale.

We're done professionally Bruce Wayne Jr.'s Avatar

This may be the only time you'll ever hear this, but I honestly think The Cleveland Show doesn't get enough credit. And American Dad never did.
    "Si vis pacem para bellum" - If peace is the goal, prepare for war.

"I love and treasure individuals as I meet them, I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to." -George Carlin

"Small minds discuss people. Average minds discuss events. Great minds discuss ideas." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne Jr. View Post
    This may be the only time you'll ever hear this, but I honestly think The Cleveland Show doesn't get enough credit. And American Dad never did.
    American Dad has gotten a lot the last few seasons. Cleveland Show probably will too (and has certainly earned it in just 1 season).

.....but FAMILY GUY is the cashcow, and despite the hate that show gets (sometimes deserved, sometimes not) it's gonna get the bulk of the attention until it goes away. At least MacFarlane says he sees an end-date to it (unlike THE SIMPSONS, which has been kinda phoning it in for years)

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

I think I've about had it with Family Guy's Star Wars specials. If they do one for Return of the Jedi, I probably will find something else to watch.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    I think I've about had it with Family Guy's Star Wars specials. If they do one for Return of the Jedi, I probably will find something else to watch.
    Be ready to change the channel.

I hardly think that's any of your business.

Quagmire: Well they last a whole season. Now can I have my own spin-off?
    Peter: Quagmire, you're a rapist.
    Quagmire: *grumbles*

This was only the second one. And yeah, they are doing Jedi, might as well finish the trilogy.

The Simpsons had some good episodes this season, but the finale was mediocre. There was a few good laughs, but while American Idol may still be the #1 show, it's pretty tired out. I did like Ryan Seacrest telling Moe to turn the label towards the camera as he threatened Simon with a broken bottle, though.

Also- The Simpsons shouldn't dub in topical jokes like they did with Jay Leno telling a BP oil spill joke. The lips didn't match up, heck- the joke didn't match up (it started off about Iran), and it just seemed cheap.

And I would expect them to continue on and do the new, first trilogy. Why not? I personally love them.

The best part was the end when Peter and Chris started arguing about Robot Chicken...
    Siriel; You have spectacularly failed to understand my post.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    Cool. I'll record Simpsons the night it airs and rewatch it... twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    The best part was the end when Peter and Chris started arguing about Robot Chicken...
    How was that the best part? If anything, it was the worst. They did the same exact thing in "Blue Harvest."
    Last edited by The Black Guardian; 05-24-2010 at 08:52 PM.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Am I wrong, or do I remember they already aired this episode 5 parody a while back? Or at least released it on DVD.

That seems to be kind of lazy, they just re-used it for their season finale. They did the same thing with that movie where Stewie goes forward in time, etc.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

soulless zombie lou-bert vs. q-bert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne Jr. View Post
    Cleveland Show doesn't get enough credit. And [B]American Dad never did.
    American Dad is the best Seth McFarlane show, superior to FG in every way. FG just lost its edge, while AD keeps getting better and funnier.

Masked Bat-Mod RonnieThunderbolts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lou-bert vs. q-bert View Post
    American Dad is the best Seth McFarlane show, superior to FG in every way. FG just lost its edge, while AD keeps getting better and funnier.
    I'm not completely anti-Family Guy, but I don't like it as well as I used to, and I completely agree about American Dad.

The show wasn't the best the first season, but it gets really good by the end of the second. I think my favorite episode this year was the one with Steve's bully problem where you meet Stan's Greek nemesis from childhood. His nemesis was awesome, came complete with his own theme song. And Roger is somehow still funny. I should be completely tired of Roger's shtick at this point, but week in and week out he cracks me up.

Oh, Also, Reginald should totally get the next spin-off.

Poor hacked Diamond Lil. Nevets F's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieThunderbolts View Post

Oh, Also, Reginald should totally get the next spin-off.
    LOL...so true.

And I agree, AD is actually a better show that FG. I still love FG, but AD is better.
    Read about the greatest series ever, Alpha Flight...from the beginning!