Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: THE GREEN ZONE: Red Hulk Revelations

Jeph Loeb and Greg Pak are back in THE GREEN ZONE to tell the story behind the story of the Red Hulk, including how they pulled off the super secret mission of keeping the character's identity safe this long.

Full article here.

Default Truthiness

Please, SOMEONE ask Loeb about the massive backlash against this storyline and the Red Hulk in general! Can he admit that MOST comics fans and fans of the Hulk just simply hate it? Not all, of course... but yeah... I feel REAL comfortable saying MOST.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy Caution View Post
    Can he admit that MOST comics fans and fans of the Hulk just simply hate it? Not all, of course... but yeah... I feel REAL comfortable saying MOST.
    Sales charts argue otherwise.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar

Weird that the interview harped on the "how is this possible" point. (Meaning, "how is it possible that Rulk is Ross?" I thought it was pretty clear with issue #600, FOTH: Alpha, and the existence of LMDs in general.
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
    Weird that the interview harped on the "how is this possible" point. (Meaning, "how is it possible that Rulk is Ross?" I thought it was pretty clear with issue #600, FOTH: Alpha, and the existence of LMDs in general.
    Agreed...The reveals were two of the least surprising....I am, however, enjoying both books..

I love these books! What about the mustache? I know Hulk can grow hair when he changes, but losing hair? I mean, even if it "burns" off cause Rulk runs hot...then he should be bald.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Sales charts argue otherwise.
    Sales charts based on what comic shops buy and not what they sell.
    Sales charts that show that comic shops are buy extra copies for the 3 or 4 variants almost each issue of Red Hulk has.

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy Caution View Post
    Please, SOMEONE ask Loeb about the massive backlash against this storyline and the Red Hulk in general! Can he admit that MOST comics fans and fans of the Hulk just simply hate it? Not all, of course... but yeah... I feel REAL comfortable saying MOST.
    Well since, I'd say issue 9, the book hasn't been all that bad. Add Greg's Incredible to the mix and its entertaining. I've not liked Loeb when he came back to Marvel but he seems to have found his footing. Which is good because he has wrote some very good books and it looks like he just might be getting back to writing good books.

Oy vey. Here we go again with jeph loeb and this cripitic crap. Enough and enough with this garbage. Loeb better not really kill off or de power Jen this time. Enough with causalities and death stuff. Tell good stories and stop killing people. Oh I forget the house of no ideas no longer knows how to do that. There is no point anyway because death has no meaning.

If death has no meaning, why are you always so worried about Jennifer Walters dying?
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

I never said had no meaning to me but to most fans it has meaning. If they do kill her off people will be making how long till they bring her back. No one believes anyone staying dead now. My point why waist a really good character by doing something stupid and killing her off. Espically if you are going to just bring her back in year and everyone knows it. You can find better things to do with the character that that. Of course I could be totally off and hopefully General Ross and Betty won't be Red Hulks anymore. It woudln't surprise me if they really end up dead at the end or Bruce or Jen or Skaar or Lyra do. Things are so lame nothings off limit to them. I hope they don't real kill jen off but I got a bad feeling they will do that still. I just hope love she getting from Amanada Carter with Tigra team up and Her-Oes and Heralds is a good sign that they won't. Wouldn't be like marvel to just to do that throw people off. I mean hey Ares had a BW special come out after they killed him.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 05-14-2010 at 07:14 PM.

The JRJr Ross funeral issue is one of the last Hulk comics I've read since World War Hulk. The price increase to $3.99 + jetissoning of story in favor of hype and spectacle made the choice easy for me.

I'm surprised to hear Rulk was Ross. I really thought it was the return of Glen Talbot. Then again, considering the stories they've been telling, I shouldn't be surprised at all.
    Last edited by Ozymandas; 05-14-2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: I asked who Reshiehulk was but I see now.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    including how they pulled off the super secret mission of keeping the character's identity safe this long.
    Ummmm.... Last I checked almost everyone I know was guessing Ross. It was the most OBVIOUS choice.
    "Our job is to do the impossible and make it look easy." Hawk G.I.Joe #1 (marvel series)

"Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" Buck Murdoc Airplane II the Sequel

Favorite Writers: Geoff Johns, Larry Hama, Kurt Busiek

Favorite Artists: George Perez, Alex Ross

Favorite Heroes: Captain America, Captain Harlock, Alan Scott, Duke, Optimus Prime

Favorite Villains: Char Aznable, Darth Vader, Megatron, Dr Doom

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by another_version View Post
    No DC fans don't really want him to do this over there as well.
    His stuff at DC wasn't bad.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

This "story" has dragged on way too long. My biggest problem is that its pointless. Ross was turned into a Red Hulk. Who cares? What's the point, other than throwing in as many Marvel heroes and villains into the "story" as eye-candy.

Clearly, Pak's issues have suffered as well. I also hate this idea of Banner as some sort of science hero. How is he financing all this tech?

Please slingshot this back to tell Banner vs. Hulk stories. I want to read the archetype Hulk stories again.
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo