Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Lobdell Unleashes "The Scourge"

Writer Scott Lobdell spoke with CBR about his new series from Aspen Comics, how John McClane defined the modern day action hero and influenced the new title and his hope of someday returning to the Age of Apocalypse.

Full article here.

Thumbs up

I want to see Lobdell someday return to Big Hero 6. His original mini-series was soooo much better than Claremont's more recent take on the team.

Default Why thank you!

Thanks, Soundrave!

Certainly BIG HERE 6 was a blast - -but if I had my 'druthers, I'd say...

BRING BACK BLINK!

=)

Default I concur

I'm definitely on the Blink bandwagon myself. As I said in the interview, she's one of my favorite comic book characters ever. The idea of Scott going back and doing an "Age of Apocalypse" comic is just too awesome.

AoA was THE X-Men event. My friends and I still get giddy when we talk about it today. And that scene where Blink kicks the crap out of Holocaust is one of the greatest comic moments of all time. "My name is Blink. Who do think is faster?"

Age of Apocalypse Forever! I want to know how to make this happen!

Last paragraph; Grisly, not "grizzly".
    And I, too, would like to see Lobdell do more X stories.

Scott Lobdell, you are my HERO!!! I remember meeting you at the San Diego Comicon in the late 90s and I think that was the year I gave Bob Harras my idea for a continuation of the AoA...full script and all. You really should come back to Marvel, dude. Yours and Joe Mad's run on Uncanny was my favorite.
    What if the Horsemen from the AoA kidnapped the 616's Apocalypse to replace their fallen leader? Nothing's happened with him in awhile anyway. Nothing good, that is.
    Last edited by reinnemann2; 05-07-2010 at 08:39 PM.

Lobdell is one the most underrated writers. He has done some fantastic stuff. I'll be picking this up for sure.

And I'd kill for a new Generation X title by him and Bachalo.

In a constant state of being Forgiven and Loved.

Did anyone pick this up? Is there a trade in the works? I was going to pass on this, but it somehow resurfaced in my memory so I searched for it to know what to look for.
    I've got a great idea. How about we keep blaming the other party. Yeah. That's healthy.

Obi-Wan voice: "Scott Lobdell...that's a name I've not heard in a LONG time...a long time."