View Poll Results: It's an age old question: Do you want a reboot or prequel for "First Class"?

Voters
317. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Prequel

42 13.25%
  • Reboot

188 59.31%
  • I'm fine with either

59 18.61%
  • Doesn't matter... First Class needs a longer production schedule

28 8.83%
Page 237 of 241 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241 LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 3614

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Nothing would sink FC2 faster than going back to the tired old O5/BH. NOTHANKS, gimme moar Moira, Havok, Azazel, Emma, Banshee, Angel, Mystique, etc. :3
    Respect your opinion on the matter, but I wholeheartedly disagree. The sequel would following the same time progression, set in the disco 70's rather than swinging 60's. The 05 would be fantastic with a whole new crop of good looking fresh faced actors playing Jean, Warren, et al. Beast can stay on, but 86 Azazel, Emma, and Angel II.
    Just my opinion.

Emma should stay but I see now reason to keep Angel or Azazel they were utterly useless.

If it is 70s Disco they need to use Black Dazzler.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguja View Post
    Jean is the only chance FC2 has to defeating the Avengers.
    You'll get Lorna Dane and you'll LIKE IT. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Respect your opinion on the matter, but I wholeheartedly disagree. The sequel would following the same time progression, set in the disco 70's rather than swinging 60's. The 05 would be fantastic with a whole new crop of good looking fresh faced actors playing Jean, Warren, et al. Beast can stay on, but 86 Azazel, Emma, and Angel II.
    Just my opinion.
    Well, thanfully Vaughn thinks otherwise. The cast in FC was fucking fantastic and I'm happy we'll be seeing more of them rather than Scott/Jean/Storm 2.0. :3
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Well, thanfully Vaughn thinks otherwise. The cast in FC was fucking fantastic and I'm happy we'll be seeing more of them rather than Scott/Jean/Storm 2.0. :3
    Yeah, I don't think we'd get a whole new crop of characters until a 1980s "New" Mutants flick (and by New I mean whatever characters they wish to bring in, but will probably and inevitably involve Scott and Jean)
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    Some of the complaints about this movie can be thrown out and ignored
    In terms of it being a stand alone movie, sure. In terms of it being an X-Men movie, representing that brand it's based on, the first 3 Movies were pretty much duds.

First Class did a much better job. The scope/action could be much more epic, but the story/heart was much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    It was all meek and mild, until the last movie--where she played her character from Swordfish.
    I thought she was meek and mild in the last movie too. TBH, i can't recall a single line delivery from her that sold Storm. But then again, i can't blame her too much for that. She was totally miscast.

Also, the wig was still awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Yeah, I don't think we'd get a whole new crop of characters until a 1980s "New" Mutants flick (and by New I mean whatever characters they wish to bring in, but will probably and inevitably involve Scott and Jean)
    I think that'll be fine for the next trilogy ("X-Men: New Mutants in the 1980s with teen Jean/Scott/Storm etc, maybe with Bansee and Beast as adult instructors) and it'd be a nice way to link the X and FC trilogies.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

motown blaque dazzler for xmfc2!! :d
    yessss!!!!
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

BANNED

I think that'll be fine for the next trilogy ("X-Men: New Mutants in the 1980s with teen Jean/Scott/Storm etc, maybe with Bansee and Beast as adult instructors) and it'd be a nice way to link the X and FC trilogies.
    I wish they'd just reboot the whole franchise. New cast, new tone, new writers/directors. Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post

I thought she was meek and mild in the last movie too. TBH, i can't recall a single line delivery from her that sold Storm. But then again, i can't blame her too much for that. She was totally miscast.

Also, the wig was still awful.
    I could see Storm saying 'do you know what happens to a toad that gets hit by lighting'. She just would deliver it in a more dramatic and over the top way.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    I wish they'd just reboot the whole franchise. New cast, new tone, new writers/directors. Everything.
    We just got a pretty great "reboot". Let's finish this trilogy, then reinvent the wheel in the 2020s.

Your Elemental Temptress Aquamarine11500's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    In what world? Not this one.
    Oh please she was so monotonous and lifeless,also she wasn't very Emma looking at all.Her face,body type and mannerisms were not.At least in the first X-film they incorporated Storm's accent, and tried to give her "soliloquy" moments.X-3 was actually great in terms of portraying Ororo's leadership abilities(movie overall sucked). January was a horrid Emma.Halle is the better actress overall anyways,and I feel like she portrayed her character a bit better than Emma's. Half of the bad we got out of Halle's Storm wasn't really all Halle's fault,It was Singers for not giving a damn about anyone else but Wolverine.In XMFC there was NO excuses. It was a fresh start,Emma isn't even as complex as a character as Storm to pull off on a Live adaption. Besides January as an actress period doesn't do it for me,she should just stick to modeling.... -______________-

end of.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm starting to come around to the character of Emma,I use to couldn't stomach her.Even still reading her for so many years I know what and how she should be brought to life. If anything At least Halle got Storm's Leadership, maternal and nurturing side down...but January was on some other bull!

Like seriously..

Though in "your world" if you think otherwise, then that's absolutely fine.Were just sharing opinions and having good conversation.
    Last edited by Aquamarine11500; 05-28-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    Storm>>>>>> DAT BISH

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aguja View Post
    Jones was physically a great casting choice. She's just not a strong enough actress to pull off Emma. Though in her defense the writing for that role wasn't the strongest.
    Hell nah. Compared to how Emma is drawn, the woman had next to no body. The sex appeal from her just wasn't there. And she's not a bad looking woman, but I imagine Emma to be a lot more... "hot." Performance and looks, Jones just wasn't Emma.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Hell nah. Compared to how Emma is drawn, the woman had next to no body. The sex appeal from her just wasn't there. And she's not a bad looking woman, but I imagine Emma to be a lot more... "hot." Performance and looks, Jones just wasn't Emma.
    Yeah she was so slender built and frail looking.She also had a very natural beauty to her,where as Emma has had a slew of procedures done.

=P
    Storm>>>>>> DAT BISH

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine11500 View Post
    Oh please she was so monotonous and lifeless,also she wasn't very Emma looking at all.Her face,body type and mannerisms were not.At least in the first X-film they incorporated Storm's accent, and tried to give her "soliloquy" moments.X-3 was actually great in terms of portraying Ororo's leadership abilities(movie overall sucked). January was a horrid Emma.Halle is the better actress overall anyways,and I feel like she portrayed her character a bit better than Emma's. Half of the bad we got out of Halle's Storm wasn't really all Halle's fault,It was Singers for not giving a damn about anyone else but Wolverine.In XMFC there was NO excuses. It was a fresh start,Emma isn't even as complex as a character as Storm to pull off on a Live adaption. Besides January as an actress period doesn't do it for me,she should just stick to modeling.... -______________-

end of.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm starting to come around to the character of Emma,I use to couldn't stomach her.Even still reading her for so many years I know what and how she should be brought to life. If anything At least Halle got Storm's Leadership, maternal and nurturing side down...but January was on some other bull!

Like seriously..

Though in "your world" if you think otherwise, then that's absolutely fine.Were just sharing opinions and having good conversation.
    I'm not sure if your confusion is cute or pathetic--probably both. We were talking about their looks not how bad their performances were.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l_120903_e4f6c1ce.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	94158

At least they tried with some regality for Ororo, but Emma compared to her comic counterpart... O_o
    Storm>>>>>> DAT BISH