Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Carey Forges "X-Men Legacy"

In "X-Men Legacy," Rogue teaches the next generation of X-Men, but in "Second Coming," she has to fight to keep that destiny from being snuffed out. Mike Carey talked about the crossover and what lies beyond.

Full article here.

Ooo. Land's art is good. I really like his Bastion. Dodson's Bastion is not intimidating at all. Land's is nice and shiny.

STORM!

Is anybody even paying attention to quality control nowadays? Look at that team cover. Cannonball hasn't been wearing that costume for a couple of years now. Emma's also in her White Queen Hellfire Club getup too. Once again, editorial is asleep at the wheel. There have been some annoying inconsistencies with this story so far, such as Hodge being able to take out Cannonball, as he supposedly cannot turn corners well, which we know NOT to be the case anymore. Now with this anachronistic cover.... Very sloppy.

BTW: How lazy looking is that cover anyway? Looks cool at first. Then you notice that Hope & Emma are essentially in the same exact pose & expression. Sam is generically posed like Wolverine without claws. Those Rogue & Cyclops poses have been used many times before. Looks like somebody has to turn off the lightbox and lay off the tracing.
    Last edited by cookepuss; 05-04-2010 at 08:43 AM.

Christ, Anole? This time you've stretched yourself too far, Carey. There is no way you can make Anole seem worthwhile.

Clay Mann's art looks amazing as usual. I'm so happy he's back on board. The Indra arc is actually sounding like a lot of fun now. I'm thinking we're about to see the Children resurface!

Good to know the Hellion arc won't be all about him. Karima's return would indeed be great. Also good to know he'll be writing his Second Coming ending chapter around Rogue and Hope.

Another great interview with Carey, who always knows how to deliver the good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    Christ, Anole? This time you've stretched yourself too far, Carey. There is no way you can make Anole seem worthwhile.
    If anyone can, its Carey (about Anole).

This is all very exciting news and just a dash spoilery. So now we know to expect some kind of involvement from Hellion during Second Coming? That's fun to hear. Though I rarely advocate the use of the New X Kids, this should provide some interesting character moments between Mr. Keller and some of his fellow mutants. He always did have a rather unique perspective on his position among their ranks, as well as among the rest of humanity.

As for that minor error on the cover displayed, regarding the costumes: that cover is exquisite so I can't be upset.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

† LINSUS X ZAYNT MALIK † Chase_Stein's Avatar

Positive:
    - Clay Mann's art is like sex on paper
    - The amazing Loa is part of Team India
    - Indra would probably have to deal with arrange marriage stuff. As a result, he would remain in India (forever?).
    - Anole would probably stay with him, also.
    - Psylocke <3 from Mike Carey

Negative
    - Anole
    - Indra
    - Rogue and Magneto again. Rogue's getting better with just being herself. Stop forcing that wrinkly old man on her.
    - Greg Land's art look likes Rob Liefeld's art.
    "It doesn’t matter [if] you’re...Asian..., you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try." - Obama

If Carey can make an Indra arc interesting, he might also be able to pull off a good Hellion story.

Never say never! He made Random and Tempo interesting, for heaven's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Clay Mann's art looks amazing as usual. I'm so happy he's back on board. The Indra arc is actually sounding like a lot of fun now. I'm thinking we're about to see the Children resurface!
    That would be effing sweet. While I don't give two pence about Indra, I REALLY would love to see the kids do something (anything) worthwhile. They just don't come off as real threats anymore, and a challenge like The Children would be awesome.

Another great interview with Carey, who always knows how to deliver the good stuff.
    Double <3!

"Art is anything that you can get away with."

Pull List: Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, Fearless Defenders, Wolverine & The X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Morning Glories, Mind the Gap, Fables

Quote Originally Posted by fortyseven View Post
    Ooo. Land's art is good. I really like his Bastion. Dodson's Bastion is not intimidating at all. Land's is nice and shiny.

STORM!
    Unless land is doing his own coloring, I'd save the thanks for the colorist. I've seen some Dodson art lately that has been spectacularly colored, enhancing his usually boring visuals.

<-------

I look forward to seeing the Avengers :O

† LINSUS X ZAYNT MALIK † Chase_Stein's Avatar

Change "n" to "h" and he'll probably be slightly interesting as a character. But I have to agree, Anole wastes so much space by being in panels.
    "It doesn’t matter [if] you’re...Asian..., you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try." - Obama

Poor Jessica Drew has fallen victim to Greg Land
    I don't care what anyone says, I still think it looks terrible. Clay Mann's work is amazing, especially in comparison to Land's.
    "We're supposed to be heroes -- but we never really make things better. We have no lasting effect on people -- or the world."

Mimschkin's colossal X-Reading Order

I liked Anole better when he was just a lizard guy with cool camo powers (which haven't been seen in AGES) who was a nice kid without so many boo-hoos.

Lately he's so failure he makes Match look cool by comparison.

"Art is anything that you can get away with."

Pull List: Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, Fearless Defenders, Wolverine & The X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Morning Glories, Mind the Gap, Fables

People are coming over to the Hellion side yes...

I'm really interested to see what happens to him in SC which will give us some kinda of hint of what "might" happen in Legacy 6 months from now.
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011