Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I wouldn't be surprised if her powers surfaced in battle after witnessing something happening to Cable.

I need more Roberson! Count Yoda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    One of the things I really like about Hope is she's capable of turning the noise down and regulating when the occasional calls for it. She doesn't have to be completely desperate, she doesn't need to get lectured on what it means to be an X-Man or a hero, she doesn't whine about the odds, and she knows how to take care of artillery. She recognizes a problem and moves to immediately solve it while simultaneously building alternate plans.

The only time she gets flimsy is when the X-Care Bears saddle her with emotions and regale her with speeches, which I totally get. I don't like it when, say, I visit my friend's family with said friend (to go swimming in the awesome pool) and his family is entirely too over-welcoming and then start asking me computer-related questions, because I'm supposed to be "good with computers".
    Yeah, that is one of her best traits. And, you are right that despite it making complete sense that the X-men would try to be somewhat patronizing to her, and such a thing is indeed uncomfortable, I still wish that they would think about who raised her, and what sort of person that would create, rather than feel the need to trait her as someone who needs to be guided completely.
    EDIT:
    Oh, and phoeniXXX, that is what is not only most likely, but it would actually make a powerful scene, and she is incredibly protective of Cable and as seen in the times when Bishop came incredibly close to killing him, she absolutely snapped, thus it would be great to see how she channels that bezerker rage when Cable actually dies.
    Last edited by Count Yoda; 05-05-2010 at 03:46 PM.
    Taskmaster: I'm so much better than you. You can't win. You have to die.
    Moon Knight: Yes, kill me.... See if that works this time.

"Agnostic; lazy man's Atheist" - Pierce (Community)

Quote Originally Posted by phoeniXXX View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if her powers surfaced in battle after witnessing something happening to Cable.
    Its most likely that when Cable is killed she will go all Dark Phoenix and end up killing a bunch of humans (thus making Bishop half right). The humans though will all be Bastion's allies. The X-men will stop her before she gets out of hand and she uses her newly discovered power to help mutantkind (thus making her messiah prophecy also right)

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Hope should train the Academy-X kids.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

Ha, that would be awesome:
    "Okay, you #*@$%!&#! Today we will be covering how to deal with a sniper, and how to quickly treat a sniper wound with nothing more than bandages, pliers, and a bottle of whiskey, which, no, you can not drink!"

I like this.

Cable trained the New Mutants, we had X-Force (the first one)
    If Hope trains Academy X, hopefully a next Generation X-Force comes of it.

Ill accept this...but only if Hope tries to seduce X-23
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Ill accept this...but only if Hope tries to seduce X-23
    Well, at the very least, they should become at least rather decent friends considering how they were both trying to talk to each other in Messiah War.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Yoda View Post
    Well, at the very least, they should become at least rather decent friends considering how they were both trying to talk to each other in Messiah War.
    Personamanx came up with a Hope/X-23/Hellion/Water quadrangle a while back that could make this very entertaining.
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Personamanx came up with a Hope/X-23/Hellion/Water quadrangle a while back that could make this very entertaining.
    Ah, I see that this page revealing her secret fetish shall forever haunt her:

I hate double posting...but I wanted to post in here...even though I doubt I have anything important to say...sorry!

So, now that we have all but confirmed that Hope is a sort of mimic with the whole Cyclops' eyes moment, is that one of the reasons you think that one Adi Granov cover has Rogue and Hope fighting back to back? I mean two mimics who are well trained could easily just grab a few decent powers and do some Nimrod slaughter.
    Also, I hope we have a moment where Hope grabs a gun or a knife and goes insane on someone, probably after confirmation that Cable is indeed dead.

Hope is so badass in the last page of the New Mutant 14 preview :

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...5448disp=table

Hope will kick nimrod's ass

I for one think Hope should be more than simply being able to mimic powers. If Bishop is correct in the future she causes a disaster so large as to make the Stamford disaster look like a kitchen fire then it has to be able to do more than just copy powers. Perhaps she can amplify copied powers as well. I hope its something significant and powerful whatever it ends up being.

Quote Originally Posted by jtjr26 View Post
    I for one think Hope should be more than simply being able to mimic powers. If Bishop is correct in the future she causes a disaster so large as to make the Stamford disaster look like a kitchen fire then it has to be able to do more than just copy powers. Perhaps she can amplify copied powers as well. I hope its something significant and powerful whatever it ends up being.
    Probably something along those lines, I mean a single person killing a Million humans in a six miniute war, not surprise attack, war, is quite an accomplishment.

And yes, that last page of the New Mutants #14 preview is the exact way she should be portrayed, she even has a classic Cable shoulder pad!

Ooh, that preview was awesome. I've been a little disappointed with the last few SC chapters. They were wheel spinning, so I'm ready for the action.