Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Steve Pugh Collects "Hotwire"

As Radical releases a trade paperback of Steve Pugh and Warren Ellis' "Hotwire," CBR News catches up with series co-creator Pugh about the experience of writing and drawing and the extras included in the collection.

Full article here.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

This book was a freakin' blast!
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

I got the first issue of this and, unfortunately, it didn't wow me enough to get the rest of the series. I think I was a little burnt out on anything "Ellis" related at the time. I'll eventually get the rest of the series (or, heck, the trade would seem appropriate considering the article), but I would have been more into another Sharkman series from Pugh. Man, that series was amazingly fun!

Don't think I have ever been more proud as an editor or publisher to see Steve make the transition from Comic book artist to Creator and storyteller. The man does everything himself, down to the lettering.

Go forth and make this a huge success, peeps. Make it a sell out! You'll be very happy you did and it is a stonking read.

Much love, Stevie!!

Quote Originally Posted by eh_ver View Post
    I got the first issue of this and, unfortunately, it didn't wow me enough to get the rest of the series. I think I was a little burnt out on anything "Ellis" related at the time. I'll eventually get the rest of the series (or, heck, the trade would seem appropriate considering the article), but I would have been more into another Sharkman series from Pugh. Man, that series was amazingly fun!
    If you buy enough copies of the trade and the new series, I'll see what I can do about persuading Steve to do another Shark-Man.

;-)

Hotwire was gorgeous, I'd like to see more from Steve Pugh, maybe even Hotwire sequel.

Steve Pugh is really amazing as both writer and artist. Even if you already have the 4-issue miniseries, it's worth getting the trade just to go page by page and see all the little (an in some cases big) changes that Steve made throughout. You can really see that Steve put a lot of love into this by reworking certain lettering layouts, redoing some of the characters faces on certain panels and even redrawing certain panels. He also added some extra pages to the end. This doesn't even take into account the added Hotwire story and cool designs and early drafts of Hotwire seen in the extras section.
    The Loxleys and the War of 1812 (Alan Grant, Claude St. Aubin and Lovern Kindzierski) from Renegade Arts Entertainment
    www.facebook.com/LoxleysandtheWarof1812
    www.twitter.com/RenegadeArtsEnt

My money is spread a little bit too thin, to get the TP as well, but I'll happily buy any new series and I'd love a new Sharkman as well.
    Steve Pugh should be hunted by both Marvel and DC, he is way more talented than most artists they got.

Quote Originally Posted by die_yng View Post
    My money is spread a little bit too thin, to get the TP as well, but I'll happily buy any new series and I'd love a new Sharkman as well.
    Steve Pugh should be hunted by both Marvel and DC, he is way more talented than most artists they got.
    He is being sort after.

Funny, when we first started on the first series, Steve and myself came up with some cool ideas for a potential Hotwire/Shark-Man cross-over... It would have been fun.

Nemedian Chronicler celticwarlord's Avatar

Hotwire was an amazing comic. Everyone that I explain the story to says the same thing - "What a cool idea!" I'm seriously hoping there will be more Hotwire mini's in the near future.
    King Conan, Skullkickers, Saga, Wonderland, Critter, Penny for your Soul, Usa Minor, Mouse Guard, Helheim, Black Acre

I loved it, I will get the TPB cause Steve's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Elliott View Post
    Funny, when we first started on the first series, Steve and myself came up with some cool ideas for a potential Hotwire/Shark-Man cross-over... It would have been fun.
    David -

You and Steve make a good team. You certainly helped bring the best out in him. You two going to do anything together again soon?

Quote Originally Posted by celticwarlord View Post
    Hotwire was an amazing comic. Everyone that I explain the story to says the same thing - "What a cool idea!" I'm seriously hoping there will be more Hotwire mini's in the near future.
    The newest issue of Previews has Hotwire: Deep Cut #1 listed for a July release. Make sure you bug your retailer now to order it. I know a lot of people missed out on the first miniseries because either their LCS didn't order it or not enough copies where ordered to meet the demand.
    The Loxleys and the War of 1812 (Alan Grant, Claude St. Aubin and Lovern Kindzierski) from Renegade Arts Entertainment
    www.facebook.com/LoxleysandtheWarof1812
    www.twitter.com/RenegadeArtsEnt

Hotwire Deep Cut #1 has kept up the same quality as the first mini series. a most excellent issue and can't wait until issue #2 comes out.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Wait wait, wha?! There was a new Hotwire book?! I didn't know about this!
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!