Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Jurgens Rips Into "Time Masters"

Dan Jurgens leads Rip Hunter, Booster Gold, Superman and Green Lantern into the time stream to find Bruce Wayne and stop the place where time ends from tearing itself apart in "Time Masters: Vanishing Point."

Full article here.

Might check it out. The DC guys roadtrip through time.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Might check it out. The DC guys roadtrip through time.

With Booster involve I could expect a detour or two.

Too bad Ray Palmer isn't in this. With this travels through the Time Pool, he was once DCU's authority on time travel.
    "You're NOT getting a signal watch!" -- Bob Rozakis

Heh. Time Masters is the name of the Comic Shop I go to......

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mateo View Post
    Too bad Ray Palmer isn't in this. With this travels through the Time Pool, he was once DCU's authority on time travel.
    I thought it was Barry Allen.

But yes, surprisingly, neither Ray nor Barry will be making this trip.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    The comic book industry/medium is paradoxically the most fragile and most resilient thing in the world. Its noisiest critics insist every day that every cough, sputter, or dirty look threatens to destroy it, but it has survived every prediction of its demise for nearly eight decades.

His Name Is The Captain

Well, if they did, they'd get where they wanted to go too easily. That wouldn't be any fun!

Jurgens mentioned a few surprise guests along the way. We'll probably see Red Robin and Barry Allen and why they aren't involved directly. Superman makes sense since he has had the most dealings with the Linear Men, Vanishing Point, Rip Hunter and Booster himself. Hal being there due to their past friendship and the falling out between them. That and since J'onn came back and now that he knows that Bruce is alive, he's going to want to bring back his friend. Plus, he's had dealings with time travel as Parallax.

Glad to see Jurgens continuing on with Rip and Booster. He's done some great work lately (career highlights, imo), and this sounds really cool.

A must read for me.

So it basically is a Countdown to Flash Point. At least it's a six-issue limited series and written by Dan Jurgens. I'm interested to see where this is going to go.

I was hoping The Flash will have time to breathe before it went into a major event. Sinestro Corps War didn't start much until issue #18, and that was just the build up to it. I still hope Armageddon 2011 is still going to happen. I would really like to see a major event by all of the writers of the DC Universe.

My give a damn's busted. KevinTBrown's Avatar

Cool.

Makes it easier to drop Booster Gold and pick this up. This way I get the real Booster.
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous

Everybody has a right to have an opinion, no matter how wrong they might be.

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives. ~ John Stuart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I thought it was Barry Allen.

But yes, surprisingly, neither Ray nor Barry will be making this trip.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mateo View Post
    Both good choices, but Superman and a GL are good companions for a cosmic time travel jaunt as well.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Earth Fun (Party Earth) Mr_Wayne's Avatar

They put Supes and GL in this for the same reason they put Batman in First Wave, to help sell the book.

When I see stories like this I think to myself, "Where the hell is Mr. Terrific in a time like this?"... Ya know? Someone interesting and random w/ the prowess to handle a situation of this magnitude to offset this "great White hope" team of heroes. It's almost like they're putting Hal in the story to make him seem important. If they wanted a GL on the job they couldn't have used another member?

And where the hell is Barry for that matter?!
    I've always wanted to diversify the DCU, but usually when I do it, James Robinson comes along and kills them all. -Grant Morrison

Lailoni Prime Vespa Stressfactor's Avatar

Still, I wonder how this will gel with the whole "No one is supposed to know about Booster's TRUE mission."

With this Superman and Hal will almost certainly come to learn that Booster has become more than what he appears to be to the world at large.

I hope we don't end the whole thing with a mind-wipe so that they "forget" what they have learned.
    My crazy blog of weird and geeky stuff http://compoundgeekery.blogspot.com/ RANDOM!

"Your Silliness is noted." K-9

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stressfactor View Post
    Still, I wonder how this will gel with the whole "No one is supposed to know about Booster's TRUE mission."

With this Superman and Hal will almost certainly come to learn that Booster has become more than what he appears to be to the world at large.

I hope we don't end the whole thing with a mind-wipe so that they "forget" what they have learned.
    Or maybe by some time paradox, Hal and Superman die, only to be replaced with duplicates from earlier in the time stream!

I'm not sure how I feel about this series....remember the last time DC tried to do companion pieces for a Morrison story? Do I need to bring up Countdown and Death of the New Gods?