Page 144 of 289 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 4322

Thread: Young Justice

Beast Boy's appearance is fitting. Superboy has a bit of a Relaunch Superman look mixed with old school Superboy
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Batman may have equal resources, but he has a vastly larger work load. If Joker's attacking Gotham, Poison Ivy starting a riot, etc, Batman has to take care of that first. Luthor can pick his battles, Batman can't.

And unlike say, Ras who has a league of hired killers, virtually all of Batman's crime fighting resources run through him and Robin. So yeah, he's at something of a disadvantage
    That's a big heapin' pile o' rationalizations there.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    make your peace with Batman losing one....its ok
    Support your local roller derby league

Elder Member

You mean explanations, right

I would like to see a civilian being rescued by Superboy say "Holy shit, Clark?!!"
    Boobs

Ambivalent about twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    at least they can spell....
    I bet they can use proper grammar too. There is nothing wrong with my spelling, it's my grammar that is incorrect. You shouldn't talk either.

I feel like this episode really needed to be decompressed and split. The first one would be YJ realizing the infiltration, finding Roy, and then going on the run. The second half would be finding people to make the cure and then their attack on the Watchtower. The "it's a miracle that so and so were able to make a cure for us" offscreen reference was a total cop-out. A brain-washed Justice League really deserves more to be a two-part threat.

I enjoyed seeing the shame on Superman's face when he finally talked to Connor. He knows he's been a dick, even if his supporters online will ever deny it.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Elder Member

You mean explanations, right
    Nope.

Batman prides himself on always being one step ahead. Here, he's several steps behind. He was outflanked and outwitted (at least so far). The how and why of it are largely irrelevant.
    Last edited by kalorama; 04-23-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    make your peace with Batman losing one....its ok
    Nothing for me to make peace with, since I was actually (and pretty clearly) refuting an attempt to rationalize Batman's failure to outwit Luthor and Co, not defending his supposed infallibility. So go ahead, admit you don't know what you're taking about. It's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    He knows he's been a dick, even if his supporters online will ever deny it.
    We never denied he's a dick. It's just that his reasons for being so are far more complicated that "being a dick".

Yaaaay! Superman stopped being a douche! I'd prefer that he gave Conner his last name though. I forget: was that the last name of the character from M'ganns TV show, or did 1 of the members in the know suggest it?

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as to say completly easy. Superboy and Robin had a hard time against Superman and Batman.
    It was nice to see that even when controlled by an inexperienced villain whose control they're doubtless resisting...you don't mess with Superman and Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Theozilla View Post
    I am not sure the Justice League is that open about their identities, it may be more of a individual-by-individual basis. And in Earth-16 Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Red Tornado, Zatara/Doctor Fate, and Captain Atom don't really have secret identities. And as The Cool Thatguy said The Light had control of The Justice League for about a day, the Leaguers identities are likely not that important to The Light.
    Captain Atom most certainly does have a secret identity, and we saw in the comic book that the team doesn't know it.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Ive always figured that if you want to reveal you identity, you can

but no one will care if you don't
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I forget: was that the last name of the character from M'ganns TV show, or did 1 of the members in the know suggest it?
    Martian Manhunter suggested it, and M'gann thought it was a tribute to Kent Nelson.
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

Yaaaay! Superman stopped being a douche! I'd prefer that he gave Conner his last name though. I forget: was that the last name of the character from M'ganns TV show, or did 1 of the members in the know suggest it?

It was nice to see that even when controlled by an inexperienced villain whose control they're doubtless resisting...you don't mess with Superman and Batman.

Captain Atom most certainly does have a secret identity, and we saw in the comic book that the team doesn't know it.
    He had a human identity, but he was declared legally dead by the military. Captain Atom had the team settle some business from his past.

I thought the previous episode was better, but this one was great too. I loved the swerve with Roy, it's deeper than just him being brainwashed. And The Light's motivations work fairly well, particularly where Savage, Ra's, and Luthor are concerned. The fights were decent, the only real draw was Aqualad/Artemis/Kid Flash against their mentors and then Superboy and Robin against Superman and Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan76 View Post
    For the time being, it seems Kid Flash finally hooks up with Artemis, Zatanna was basically eating Robin's face so I would assume they are together, Rocket gave Aqualad a small smooch, so while they might not be together, I wouldn't rule it out. If they all did get together, I would feel very bad for Aqualad. Trying to lead all your teammates who are also couples, and one you might be dating, would be a huge headache.
    Especially dating a single mother, if that's Rocket's case in this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    Zantnna kissing Robin seem like a "since everyone doing it and I don't want to be left out" kind of thing.
    I disagree. Although the Wally/Artemis kiss was very important to their characters, I feel the Robin/Zatanna relationship may be the deepest. Note Robin's initial attraction to her, but he had to hold off on making any actual advances on her when she lost her father, but he's been there to help her through the rough transition of living in Mount Justice the whole time and supporting her emotionally. He didn't want to be too forward, but as this episode showed, Zatanna appreciated him just being there for her and kissing him showed that she's ready to advance their relationship.

Sucks for the original Roy given that he will never know that he graduated to JL status.
    Why won't he ever know? That may actually be a positive thing for him, knowing the JL thinks he'll be worthy of them some day.

I don't think there was anything said to suggest they experimented on him. Why would they? He was just a normal human.
    A normal human with a certain person's DNA.

Given that the League was under their mind control for about a day, I doubt it matters at this point. If they wanted to know, they would.
    For Batman, sure, but the Light may not have been able to learn Superman's secret ID.

I expected that the minute Batman is shown to be a little flawed here the Batman fanboys will go apeshit.
    The Team actually figured out how to find T.O. Morrow in a previous episode when Batman couldn't.

I liked Superman complimenting Conner, but I thought revealing his secret identity was too much too soon. It'd be cool if Superman bonded with him, first as Superman, then with Clark Kent. M'Gann gave him the name "Conner" from the show "Hello Megan", but the last name "Kent" was given to him by Reddy and J'onn as a tribute to the late Kent Nelson (or so they said, they probably did it knowing it's Superman's last name).