Page 264 of 289 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 4322

Thread: Young Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    still impressed with what they have done with SportsMaster in this show
    Especially when looking at how lame his comic version was.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Titan76 View Post
    Well, it seems Nightwing knows what really happened, good to see him do some actual defective work. This episode had the feeling that the heroes actually came out on top, without the villains knowing it.
    It was an improvement over the last episode. Just going to leave it at that.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Savage most likely had Stewart deactivate his ring's recording function when he took him over. And even if the ring did have a recoding of the events, that still wouldn't like;y hold up as evidence in the League's favor since it's well know that a Green Lantern ring can create anything its wearer can imagine, including a fake video recording.
    It still seems like the super-intelligent lil blue gnomes would have put a safeguard in for just such a circumstance as one of their own team players getting their brain driven through a wash and rinse cycle.
    (Then again if this is like the books the pests are also egomaniacs who think they can do no wrong or make a mistake beyond their own power to correct.)

Now I'm also wondering where is Hal Jordon's famous rule-breaking tendencies? I'd think he and the other Earth GL's would have found a loophole. Or Guy would just say 'screw this' and go in anyway. Would be nice to see Guy in action.
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Savage most likely had Stewart deactivate his ring's recording function when he took him over. And even if the ring did have a recoding of the events, that still wouldn't like;y hold up as evidence in the League's favor since it's well know that a Green Lantern ring can create anything its wearer can imagine, including a fake video recording.
    He didn't deactivate the Watchtower cameras, IIRC, so I doubt he got to the ring.

Elder Member

Also, how did no one notice all those Reach ships that were blown up last episode?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Also, how did no one notice all those Reach ships that were blown up last episode?
    Probably because each military was focusing on launching as many defensive missiles as possible and were not focusing on what was taking out other missiles.

They probably imposed an information blackout when they launched the fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm just surprised that John Stewart's Power ring doesn't have a full recording of events as they happened, including the ring wearer getting mind zapped.
    The rings aren't computers like they are in the comics. They just seem to be weapons capable of energy projection and construct creation.
    Last edited by Hound of UIster; 02-17-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theozilla View Post
    Probably because each military was focusing on launching as many defensive missiles as possible and were not focusing on what was taking out other missiles.
    You mean the same military who was watching the skies for attacks, would miss an entire fleet of ships that popped up outta nowhere?

Really loved this episode. Been waiting for it ever since The Fix. Had to buy it on iTunes this morning. So many highlights. But I get the feeling, if there ever was to be a Season 3, Nightwing would have donned the cowl. He went from not wanting to be the Batman in Season 1 to showing Batman-like tendencies (detective skills mixed with the perfect scowling in this episode) in Season 2.
    Check out my sci-fi webcomic https://www.facebook.com/eonviant
    Connect with me on Twitter https://twitter.com/TristanMcClark

You mean the same military who was watching the skies for attacks, would miss an entire fleet of ships that popped up outta nowhere?
    Considering that the same space fleet was able to bypass Earth's militaries and the Justice League to hide in the ocean without them knowing, I think its reasonable that they could lunch an attack without them knowing as well. There was a lot of chaos going on up there, with Nukes being lit up like it was New Year's day. The Reach's stealth and cloak technology is probably far beyond anything Earth has ever seen and there's also the fact that it took the entire GLC to halt, not break up, the Reach's empire from expanding.

Was very pleasantly surprised by this ep. I was certain that Nightwing would be hoodwinked. I WAS expecting Artemis to prove herself through a kick, but I thought it would be against Jade. I almost think that Connor might actually get a crowning moment of awesome at Reach HQ, but that's crazy talk; he's the designated punching bag for the show. Want to see Artemis introduced to Lian.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Titan76 View Post
    Considering that the same space fleet was able to bypass Earth's militaries and the Justice League to hide in the ocean without them knowing, I think its reasonable that they could lunch an attack without them knowing as well. There was a lot of chaos going on up there, with Nukes being lit up like it was New Year's day. The Reach's stealth and cloak technology is probably far beyond anything Earth has ever seen and there's also the fact that it took the entire GLC to halt, not break up, the Reach's empire from expanding.
    The difference is that the ships, and the military's attention, would all be focused on a very narrow area during a relatively short period of time. That's nothing like sneaking onto earth over a period of years.

Even if they couldn't see the Reach ships, they would still notice that missiles that were missed by them and the League were somehow being destroyed. And even if they didn't see the ships at the time, the military (and by that I mean every single one in the world) would be reviewing the data afterwards.

The difference is that the ships, and the military's attention, would all be focused on a very narrow area during a relatively short period of time. That's nothing like sneaking onto earth over a period of years.
    They still manage to assemble a huge fleet without even the Justice League, whose HQ is in outer space, having a clue it was there. Not to mention their fleet was in the ocean, whose King of the seas again.
    Even if they couldn't see the Reach ships, they would still notice that missiles that were missed by them and the League were somehow being destroyed. And even if they didn't see the ships at the time, the military (and by that I mean every single one in the world) would be reviewing the data afterwards.
    I wouldn't put it pass the Reach to have stealth weapons, I mean if their ships can be cloak, why not their weapons. Even if the militaries reviewed their data afterwards, its been established that the Reach's tech is far beyond anything on Earth, so it would matter on the size of the area the Reach's ships were fighting in, or that they were being watched, it has been clearly shown that Earth can not overcome their stealth and cloak technology. Hell, they were able to use a pocket size gadget to take down Despero force field around the Hall of Justice in seconds, while the Justice League couldn't even put a dent in it.

Elder Member

He didn't deactivate the Watchtower cameras, IIRC, so I doubt he got to the ring.
    What makes you think he didn't deactivate the cameras? There was never any footage from the Watchtower on display in the show, so he may well have deactivated the cameras. In fact, I'd be surprised if he (or more likely, Red Arrow acting under his orders) didn't, if only to prevent Batman (who wasn't at the celebration in the main chamber when Roy started Starro-ing everybody) from noticing what was going on if he happened to look at the monitors. But even if he didn't, it doesn't preclude him from preventing Stewart from recording what happened on Rimbor with his ring. They're two separate and distinct acts.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    It still seems like the super-intelligent lil blue gnomes would have put a safeguard in for just such a circumstance as one of their own team players getting their brain driven through a wash and rinse cycle.
    (Then again if this is like the books the pests are also egomaniacs who think they can do no wrong or make a mistake beyond their own power to correct.)
    What kind of safeguard could they put in place? The ring is programmed to obey it's assigned wearer, and even under Savage's control, John Stewart was still the ring's owner. The ring doesn't have the power to autonomous;y detect mind control.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Now I'm also wondering where is Hal Jordon's famous rule-breaking tendencies? I'd think he and the other Earth GL's would have found a loophole. Or Guy would just say 'screw this' and go in anyway. Would be nice to see Guy in action.
    The League voluntarily surrendered themselves to the Rimbor authorities for a lawful trial. If the Lantern Corps did anything to interfere with that, they'd be in violation of Rimbor's laws and, at the end of the day, GLs are essentially cops.