Page 254 of 289 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 4322

Thread: Young Justice

World's Finest Online has just posted the loglines for February's episodes:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/20...february-2013/
    Young Justice: Invasion
    Saturday, February 2nd, 2013 at 10:30am (ET/ PT) – “Runaways”
    Nightwing tasks Blue Beetle with chasing down a group of potentially dangerous super-powered teenage runaways. But Blue’s not the only one hunting them…

Saturday, February 9th, 2013 at 10:30am (ET/ PT) – “War”
    A conqueror from another world becomes a wild card in an intergalactic game of supremacy – placing planet Earth square in the jackpot.

Saturday, February 16th, 2013 at 10:30am (ET/ PT) – “Complications”
    Black Manta gives Miss Martian twenty-four hours to live, but
    that may be more time than Aqualad has with Sportsmaster and Cheshire on the hunt for his head!

Saturday, February 23rd, 2013 at 10:30am (ET/ PT) – “The Hunt”
    A band of misfits is put to the test when Lex Luthor sends them behind enemy lines… to rescue the team!

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I agree on that. Just saying it doesn't hurt to have the hero outwit the villain when he gets there.
    YJ is probably the only show of his where you actually have his villains and heroes on almost equal footing.

World's Finest Online has just posted the DC Nation previews for Saturday:
    http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/20...s-dc-nation-4/

Plus CBR has an interview with Weisman and Vietti plus an exclusive YJ clip.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=43480

Also fun fact the person who voices Tye also voiced Longshadow in JLU.
    Last edited by Theozilla; 01-30-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    This is true. But it doesn't mean that it's not going to wear on someone or that it won't make people want to leave. I don't mean it so much as an "I didn't sign up for this" moment as much as a "I can't do this job anymore" moment. I mean, we don't know under which circumstances Zatanna and Rocket left the group and Wally and Artemis left to do the cliche "I just want to be normal" thing. I'd like to see someone just decide that they're not cut out for covert ops anymore.
    Quitting the team is different from quitting the life altogether, yes? And Wally suited up real quick in the episode that introduced Impulse, I wonder if he and Barry made some kind of deal. I would kind of like to see Superboy quit the Team and become an independent operative. An out in the public superhero, someone the world could really trust and look up to. That would really make him the next Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorok64 View Post
    Also, why was Lagoon Boy seemingly checked into a regular people hospital?
    Maybe that's where Pieter Cross works. Could double as some sort of super hospital (or at least one familiar with Atlantean physiology).

Quote Originally Posted by Theozilla View Post
    Of course it is a formality, unless you want superheroes who work for or are liaisons to governments, no superhero is accountable to a government. It is an inherent aspect of the superhero genre, they are glorified fictional vigilantes.
    What are you trying to do, start another Civil War? Well, maybe superheroes shouldn't be held accountable, but in the past we have had Batman deputized by the Gotham PD and SHIELD working closely with Captain America and the Avengers (especially in the movie). Then there's the whole Justice League International thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Not that this is a surprise to anyone, but the show has been canceled.

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/young-ju...-canceled.html

Season 3 was supposed to feature another timeskip, so I wasn't going to tune in to that anyway, seeing as how I didn't like what they did for season 2, but losing serialized action cartoons is always a shame.

It's especially annoying to see the show canceled for yet ANOTHER Batman vehicle.
    Also annoying to see the first DC Nation show have the shortest run of a DC Cartoon in nearly 10 years (and at least Legion of Super Heroes had the excuse of its network dissolving). Shouldn't they wait until the game comes out and decide to renew the series based on the sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Baloney! The Gargoyles and Spider-Man were never on equal footing with Xanatos and the Big Man/Green Goblin.
    At least Goliath and co managed to send Xanatos to jail for a while. Queen Bee killed Beast Boy's mother and may never face any consequences for that.

That's one way to look at it. While yes he did went through legit character development when it came to his relationship with Fox one cant but wonder if his renewed relationship with the Gargoyles is nothing but some big scheme that he's cooking up.
    Seems to me like his scheme was "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em". Xanatos' main motivation throughout the series was to become immortal. Often, the gargoyles were in conflict with that, but he never actually tried to kill them until late in the series ("Cloudfathers"). And after he failed at that, he ended up being busy with other things and then figured having them on his team would be beneficial.

I think Weisman said the Light Plot was supposed to end this season, I remember that somewhere. At least I hope I do and im not just imagining things. And of course the Reach are gonna be defeated at the end.

Anyway I imagine what will be left hanging will be some character plot threads like the whole Conner/La'gaan/M'gann triangle and of course Apokolips and the New Gods.

reading through the last few pages, I should have posted here rather than in the thread on the DC forum, seems to be more character discussion going on here, and not just that but about M'gann who is always fun to talk about, especially since she's the most developed character on the show as of now.

Thought someone might find this interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post

they mean the programming block, not those particular shows
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    they mean the programming block, not those particular shows
    Using the term "DC Nation" is a PR-friendly way of acknowledging and dismissing the backlash over YJ's cancellation.

So I'm catching up since I haven't had time to watch the 4 new episodes and finally watched 2x11. I'm confused about the Reach's motivations. Is it that they are are working with the Light on something bigger, are they trying to evolve humanity in the same way the Light is trying to, or are they just interested in taking Earth over and using the metagene as a weapon? From the dialogue, it sounds like Canary doesn't know the Light and the Reach are working together, but I thought that's common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    So I'm catching up since I haven't had time to watch the 4 new episodes and finally watched 2x11. I'm confused about the Reach's motivations. Is it that they are are working with the Light on something bigger, are they trying to evolve humanity in the same way the Light is trying to, or are they just interested in taking Earth over and using the metagene as a weapon? From the dialogue, it sounds like Canary doesn't know the Light and the Reach are working together, but I thought that's common knowledge.
    They know that the Reach and the Light are working together, the League is just discovering the existence of the meta-gene and figuring out how it works. The exact endgame of the Reach is still vague but one can assume that they want to "take over the Earth" in a roundabout way.

Agreed. It seems that just because people hate Miss Martian it's easy to place all the blame on her while giving the other characters a slap on the wrist. Megan was avenging a friend whom she thought was dead against a guy whom she thought killed her so the rage she had for Kaldur was understandable.
    I don't hate Miss Martian, but I'd be more inclined to give her a pass due to those high emotional stakes if she hadn't been doing pretty much the same thing to random alien soldiers before this...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post

I believe that is a variation of the infamous 'catch-all' form (dis)missive.

Wow, DC your apology letter is as crappy as the toy line Mattel put out and that's my Dear John letter to you. Good luck with your umpteenth Batman show and Tittering Titans Gafe.
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

Can someone who has watched every bit of DC Nation tell me if during the Young Justice character bio shorts they touted a member of the team by dissing another hero? Seriously? Because I just saw this done with the Impulse bio and am pretty darn angry. However, if this is their usual way of doing a bio (because I've missed almost all of them before today) then, okay, at least its spread out and not targeting any one DC hero.

If not?

and again I say
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

Who was dissed? Kid Flash? They said Bart was faster than Wally, which given the episode, isn't a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I don't hate Miss Martian, but I'd be more inclined to give her a pass due to those high emotional stakes if she hadn't been doing pretty much the same thing to random alien soldiers before this...
    Agreed. This wasn't a sole instance. She tried to do the same to Connor, and all those random aliens just because they were "the enemy."
    Last edited by OrpheusTelos; 02-02-2013 at 09:24 AM.
    "And in a few years, some rebellious little kid is going to turn up at your school with me on his t-shirt. 'Cyclops was right.'"

Quote Originally Posted by OrpheusTelos View Post
    Who was dissed? Kid Flash? They said Bart was faster than Wally, which given the episode, isn't a lie.
    Yes. Which makes me wonder if M'gann's bio ended with it stating that she was more powerful than J'onn. Did it? I don't know but is Dick a better hacker than Batman? Did his bio say?

Is Artemis better or worse than Ollie? Roy?

The point is that they seemed to tack on info that wasn't necessary to describe Bart...info that incidentally demeaned Wally. I'm wondering if other bios did the same kind of thing.