Page 246 of 289 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 4322

Thread: Young Justice

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It'd be easy to establish the events of Rimbor and the Watchtower happened at the same time, as 90% of cameras have time stamps on them, and the League does have samples of the starros, as Atlantis was able to create a cure pretty quick, to prove mind control. As for the accusation of a covert squad, that'd be easy to diffuse as every member of said covert squad is a known public hero (except maybe Mal).

Besides that, they would have all the people who were abducted on the mission where Aqualad got mind fried.

Not saying that they could refute everything, but they shouldn't be as far behind the eight ball as they are. The Justice League aren't Spider-Man or the Gargoyles. They have trained investigators, respectability and institutional backing. They should be able to push back at least some, instead of the cliche "Everything gets solved at the last minute!"
    And proving that The League was mind controlled does not prove the existence of the Light or Luthor's and/or The Reach's connection to it. Or prevent Rimbor from not charging the League as criminals.

Actually probably more than half of the heroes on Team are not publicly known heroes. And they would not be considered impartial witnesses. And the previous episode gave reasoning to why the abductees are not viable witnesses.

Elder Member

It'd be easy to establish the events of Rimbor and the Watchtower happened at the same time, as 90% of cameras have time stamps on them, and the League does have samples of the starros, as Atlantis was able to create a cure pretty quick, to prove mind control. As for the accusation of a covert squad, that'd be easy to diffuse as every member of said covert squad is a known public hero (except maybe Mal).

Besides that, they would have all the people who were abducted on the mission where Aqualad got mind fried.

Not saying that they could refute everything, but they shouldn't be as far behind the eight ball as they are. The Justice League aren't Spider-Man or the Gargoyles. They have trained investigators, respectability and institutional backing. They should be able to push back at least some, instead of the cliche "Everything gets solved at the last minute!"
    Timestamps on cameras on a satellite in Earth orbit won't prove anything about an incident that happened in a different galaxy where the system of time measurement is almost certainly different than ours. No one on Earth (aside from the League and The Light) actually knows when the incident on Rimbor happened and there's no way to link the two that doesn't involve everyone just taking the League's word for what happened and when. What are they going to do, subpoena someone from Rimbor to come to Earth and testify? And the Starro tech wouldn't prove anything other than that there are villains who have mind control tech, which the authorities already know. It's not evidence in this specific case because the only people who can link it to the Rimbor incident are members of the League. There's no independent corroboration of anything the League says. And the fact that the members of the League's covert squad of teenagers all have public profiles does nothing to counter the (accurate) accusation that the League uses teenagers as spies, or the fact that all of those "public heroes" have secret identities, which would make the testimony of a bunch of teenage runaways and orphans on the League's behalf suspect, because there'd be no way of knowing how many of the kids testifying were sidekicks out of costume (or, for that matter, how many of them were getting some kind of support from the League in return for their testimony)..

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    BTW- comparing G Gordon Godfrey to Fox News is a fair point to bring up. They are clearly patterning him after that particular channel.
    It's a fair point to say that G Gordon Godfrey is a cariacature of modern day political punditry (which he is), but it is wrong to say that the Godfrey show patterns itself after Fox News. The best you can say is that Godfrey's show is a distorted view of what the left thinks Fox News is, like the Colbert show or West Wing. In other words, it's complete fiction and real world politics such as the politcal slander you just committed in two posts now doesn't need to be brought in here. The community forum is the place for political discussion. Take it there if you want.

Whomever mentioned J Jonah Jameson is right, Godfrey is basically a DC version of him, which shouldn't surprise anyone considering Weisman's last project.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    The community forum is the place for political discussion. Take it there if you want.
    So you're attempting to deport me since you don't like my opinion? Typical

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Seriously you're sounding like you're in denial.
    Cartoon Network's upfronts aren't until March. That's when the first and second seasons were announced.
    The show's executive producer has already answered that pickups and announcements of pickups happen at their own time-frames.

We'll know in March who was in denial, ok?

Deportation would mean I'm trying to get you banned. I'm not. I'm trying to keep this thread from derailing and suggesting to you that this part of the discussion is better discussed in the Community forums. Create a thread there man, I'm sure you'll find lots of people ready to argue the points you have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan_MC View Post
    There's a theory that Miss Martian is disguised as Psimon and will fix Kaldur's mind. As much as I kind of want that to happen, I don't think it will. If anything, Young Justice has been about dealing with consequences of actions. A disguised MM avoids dealing with the problem.
    Maybe in trying to do that Miss M. will screw it up even more and make him a full-on villain. That would be poetic.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Elder Member

If only the league had a telepath to help them... ;)
    J'onn is another galaxy and M'Gann is so spooked by what happened with Kaldur that she's apparently afraid to use her telepathic powers in any forcefully intrusive way. So, for all intents and purposes, they don't have a telepath to help them.

Anyone else catch the Edgar Rice Burroughs reference with the Green Beetle's name? He said his name was something like B'ars O'om. You know, like "Barsoom" from the John Carter novels.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

Cartoon Network's upfronts aren't until March. That's when the first and second seasons were announced.
    The show's executive producer has already answered that pickups and announcements of pickups happen at their own time-frames.

We'll know in March who was in denial, ok?
    Regardless for some reason you feel the need to single me out despite the fact that I'm not the only one here who believes the third season isn't being picked up. Anyways I'm not got to waste anymore pages debating the shows cancellation with you, find someone else to argue with.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Yeah, that was pretty good. Things are going to go pretty pear shaped for Aqualad and Artemis once Psimon gets done in Aqualad's noodle.
    My Nerd Home

He's a cool cat, but damn if he doesn't type his post wearing mittens. -Evil Sneak

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Why not?
    Seriously? Why shouldn't the recently unfrozen 1 armed kid with a major chip on his shoulder go on the covert ops mission? I guess because he might set a bomb off: completely missing the "covert" part, and get them attacked by Black Beetle...

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Also, on a totally unrelated note, I enjoyed seeing Jonathan Kent. I was pretty sure that was him in the Reach's facility, then it was confirmed later. And I like that he has a relationship with Conner.
    Yeah: I wonder if Ma's around.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    It's a fair point to say that G Gordon Godfrey is a cariacature of modern day political punditry (which he is), but it is wrong to say that the Godfrey show patterns itself after Fox News. The best you can say is that Godfrey's show is a distorted view of what the left thinks Fox News is
    What in the world do you think Fox News is?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    What in the world do you think Fox News is?
    Not answering that here. What anyone thinks of Fox News doesn't matter the least to Young Justice show.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Seriously? Why shouldn't the recently unfrozen 1 armed kid with a major chip on his shoulder go on the covert ops mission? I guess because he might set a bomb off: completely missing the "covert" part, and get them attacked by Black Beetle...
    Yeah, because with the team's ability to predict the future they certainly could have seen that one coming, right? Please.

What should they have done? Cut him loose and leave him to his own devices out in the world? The "chip on his shoulder" is a result of him feeling abandoned. By making him a part of the team, a part of the family, they're trying to rectify that. As such, a covert surveillance mission is exactly the kind he should go on because it puts him in a situation where he's working with the group in the field but, at least in theory, it wouldn't actually require him to do much.

yeah, we saw how much red arrow pushed the boundaries and he was more adjusted then arsenal.

and why do I get the feeling that red arrow is going to join cheshire and sportsmaster in their revenge on artemis?
    click here for some characters to use in rumbles

“We need to apply the science of communication to the communication of science.” - Preston Manning

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    and why do I get the feeling that red arrow is going to join cheshire and sportsmaster in their revenge on artemis?
    I think it's much more likely that he tries to stop them and convince Cheshire to give it uo for the sake of their own child.