Page 235 of 289 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 4322

Thread: Young Justice

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    so what if they're minor setbacks? lives still get saved. that's what matters
    That's nice and all, but it's not even a dent into the Light. Ultimately the League in this show are nothing but the Light's bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    That's nice and all, but it's not even a dent into the Light. Ultimately the League in this show are nothing but the Light's bitches.
    It's funny cause that's what happened in Season One.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

Part of the issue with The Light, I think, is that this is just Greg Weisman's style going back to Gargoyles and even his revision of Captain Atom for DC Comics back in the 80s. He likes setting up major villains/antagonists who are incredibly calculating and treat their endeavors like chess matches, outmaneuvering the heroes every step of the way and making even their defeats into victories by virtue of some element of the plan they obscured from the heroes. It was General Eiling in Captain Atom, who pretty much had Captain Atom trapped in a Catch-22 for much of the initial plot in the DC version. It was David Xanatos in Gargoyles, who had plans within plans so even if Goliath and crew beat him here and there, he still gained from it somehow. It was Tombstone and Norman Osborn in The Spectacular Spider-Man, particularly when Osborn was revealed as the true Green Goblin in the final episode. It's just the kind of villain he likes using, but I do see your point about how in this case it makes the heroes look utterly ineffectual and useless since even if they're winning skirmishes, they're still losing ground in the greater battle.
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

BANNED

Yeah I know, and I think it's getting tiresome at this point. I already suspect that all of this will culminate in the heroes winning only in the very last episode in a very rushed and clumsy way (followed by the whole show getting cancelled).

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin Spider View Post
    Part of the issue with The Light, I think, is that this is just Greg Weisman's style going back to Gargoyles and even his revision of Captain Atom for DC Comics back in the 80s. He likes setting up major villains/antagonists who are incredibly calculating and treat their endeavors like chess matches, outmaneuvering the heroes every step of the way and making even their defeats into victories by virtue of some element of the plan they obscured from the heroes. It was General Eiling in Captain Atom, who pretty much had Captain Atom trapped in a Catch-22 for much of the initial plot in the DC version. It was David Xanatos in Gargoyles, who had plans within plans so even if Goliath and crew beat him here and there, he still gained from it somehow. It was Tombstone and Norman Osborn in The Spectacular Spider-Man, particularly when Osborn was revealed as the true Green Goblin in the final episode. It's just the kind of villain he likes using, but I do see your point about how in this case it makes the heroes look utterly ineffectual and useless since even if they're winning skirmishes, they're still losing ground in the greater battle.
    Also should this be the final season they seriously need to have the heroes bring their A game. Be as calculating as The Light and NOT have their plans blow up in their face.

Yeah I know, and I think it's getting tiresome at this point. I already suspect that all of this will culminate in the heroes winning only in the very last episode in a very rushed and clumsy way (followed by the whole show getting cancelled).
    I'm with you. I had not problem with it in Season One but the constant" You really didn't defeat me, it was all apart of the plan" nonsense they just kept hammering over and over is getting to be ridiculous. Especially now that this is going to be the final season.

Seriously. This.

Its almost to the point where I just want them to surrender already...they are outmatched in at least brains if not brawn and the only thing happening is that civilians are dying faster than if Luthor was President.

Maybe *sigh* call The Avengers in since Batman has gone senile or sumthin along with Grayson. I want to see at least one FY! moment before they announce its the finale episode. -_-;;
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Seriously. This.

Its almost to the point where I just want them to surrender already...they are outmatched in at least brains if not brawn and the only thing happening is that civilians are dying faster than if Luthor was President.

Maybe *sigh* call The Avengers in since Batman has gone senile or sumthin along with Grayson. I want to see at least one FY! moment before they announce its the finale episode. -_-;;
    Given the direction it's going it wouldn't surprise me if the season ended with the villains winning.

Seriously the only thing that's going to help them is if Greg gave them some kind of Plot Induced Ass Pull that would defeat The Light completely.

This is one of the reasons why I liked JLU. The villains can be credible without having to reduce the heroes as dumbasses. Sure there were mishaps during the Cadmus Arc but at the end of the day when the heroes brought their A-Game they brought their A-Game.
    Last edited by Legato; 01-06-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

yes, they have. Thel light's plans have received numerous setbacks thanks to the heroes, they're just good at making the best of them. Or do you seriously think that whether or not they have the justice league brainwashed makes absolutely no difference to their plan?

And then there was Dick's plan. true, that backfired. but it sure as hell wasn't the light that caused it. It backfired because of SHEER DUMB LUCK! And what's more, it's still salvagable. Artemis is still inside.

Not to mention the fact that NOT EVERY VILLAIN IS INVOLVED WITH THE LIGHT! remember the parasite trying to destroy geneva with a black hole? they foiled that and saved millions of lives.

So don't act like the heroes are inept morons just because they can't instantly defeat a group of the best, most intelligent villains on their planet

Elder Member

To be fair, they have already foreshadowed that The Light's plans are going to fail. We see that in Bart's future, where earth is devastated, Blue Beetle is a tyrant and The Reach are in charge

yes, they have. Thel light's plans have received numerous setbacks thanks to the heroes, they're just good at making the best of them. Or do you seriously think that whether or not they have the justice league brainwashed makes absolutely no difference to their plan?

And then there was Dick's plan. true, that backfired. but it sure as hell wasn't the light that caused it. It backfired because of SHEER DUMB LUCK! And what's more, it's still salvagable. Artemis is still inside.

Not to mention the fact that NOT EVERY VILLAIN IS INVOLVED WITH THE LIGHT! remember the parasite trying to destroy geneva with a black hole? they foiled that and saved millions of lives.

So don't act like the heroes are inept morons just because they can't instantly defeat a group of the best, most intelligent villains on their planet
    Whats with this antagonistic attitude? You are seriously acting all hostile just because we both pointed out something in the show that we found bothersome. Meanwhile the other posters have countered the arguments but at least aren't throwing a fit over it.
    Last edited by Legato; 01-06-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Also chill out with the caps.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Whats with this antagonistic attitude? You are seriously acting all hostile just because we both pointed out something in the show that we found bothersome. Meanwhile the other posters have countered the arguments but at least aren't throwing a fit over it.
    sorry. Various unrelated things have pissed me off today, and it spilled over into my post.

sorry. Various unrelated things have pissed me off today, and it spilled over into my post.
    I've had those days so it's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    To be fair, they have already foreshadowed that The Light's plans are going to fail. We see that in Bart's future, where earth is devastated, Blue Beetle is a tyrant and The Reach are in charge
    Doesn't really improve things sadly.