Page 234 of 289 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 4322

Thread: Young Justice

  1. #3496
    Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,278

    Default

    This is all on Dick and his plan. He had to know that if anyone got a chance to take down Aqualad they were going to and they were going to do it hard. It actually a good thing it was MM and not Superboy because he might have beaten Aqualad half to death or worse. Like Gamer said Dick was trying to be Batman and screwed up and now two of his friends are a mess. I am wondering how its going to go down when Superboy finds out one of his "best" friends didn't trust him.

  2. #3497
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This is all on Dick and his plan. He had to know that if anyone got a chance to take down Aqualad they were going to and they were going to do it hard. It actually a good thing it was MM and not Superboy because he might have beaten Aqualad half to death or worse. Like Gamer said Dick was trying to be Batman and screwed up and now two of his friends are a mess. I am wondering how its going to go down when Superboy finds out one of his "best" friends didn't trust him.
    Last time they met Aqualad took Superboy out with one shot, nor has Superboy shown that he is tremendously stronger than Aqualad in this series. Perhaps why you think Superboy would beat him half to death when all the evidence in this show has shown them on almost equal footing is possibly your reference of comic book power levels coming into play for the series?

  3. #3498
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,370

    Default

    Woah there Aqualad did not take Superboy out with one shot. He took Superboy off his feet with one shot. There is a vast vast difference. He didn't KO or cripple him with a single shot from what I remember.

    Also how has the show shown them to be equal? When did this happen? Aqualad did ok against a Superboy who was fresh out of his pod..but still ended up losing and that is when he had backup so that surely isn't them being shown to be on equal footing. I'm also pretty sure Superboy ripped apart and threw tanks, so I then ask when Aqualad did anything of that sort? Or when did the guy show he had the strength to make those huge leaps Superboy makes? Or when did he show he was as durable as Superboy?

    The fact that Aqualad needed to be wearing a suit of powerful tech to do what he did probably should tell you something.
    Last edited by Surtur; 01-05-2013 at 01:11 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  4. #3499
    Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maskedavenger View Post
    Last time they met Aqualad took Superboy out with one shot, nor has Superboy shown that he is tremendously stronger than Aqualad in this series. Perhaps why you think Superboy would beat him half to death when all the evidence in this show has shown them on almost equal footing is possibly your reference of comic book power levels coming into play for the series?
    Because Superboy would be out for blood in a fight now. Aqualad would be trying to not hurt his friend while Superboy would be going all out and that situation Aqualad would get his butt handed to him. Last time Superboy still thought there was hope for his friend to come back from the edge so was probaby holding back at least subconsiously, but with him thinking that Aqualad had killed Artemis in cold blood he would not be holding anything back.

  5. #3500
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Because Superboy would be out for blood in a fight now. Aqualad would be trying to not hurt his friend while Superboy would be going all out and that situation Aqualad would get his butt handed to him. Last time Superboy still thought there was hope for his friend to come back from the edge so was probaby holding back at least subconsiously, but with him thinking that Aqualad had killed Artemis in cold blood he would not be holding anything back.
    Honestly Aqualad could be out for blood too..he's still not defeating Superboy. Not that it'd be over in the blink of an eye since I'm sure his armor would allow him to last longer then he normally would.
    Last edited by Surtur; 01-05-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  6. #3501
    Senior Member Theozilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Posts
    4,672

    Default

    Greg Weisman already stated that Superboy is the strongest in terms of physical strength (pound-for-pound push/carry) on the Team, he doesn't hold back, but as the show showed in Season 1 one with Black Canary's training session with Superboy, strength is not everything (also Greg Weisman has stated that the super strength of characters in Earth-16 is much weaker compared to certain comic depictions). Also Kaldur has his Manta-armor and magic to compensate though.

  7. #3502
    Professional Worrywort Kyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United Slavery States
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    I missed the episode, but got some of it off elsewhere.

    So Miss Martian beat everyone else (including Sportsmaster) to the punch'ing out of Aqualad because someone failed to give full disclosure to team mates) Mentally-Challenged Manta Boy is going to make Manta one heck of a mad dad out to turn a supposed green Martian black & blue... Artemis may well also be at risk since she's lost her partner in the game of ISpy....

    And they lost Mount Justice which undoubtedly had recently had its mortgage paid off.

    Good going, Nightwing. Did you learn nothing from Season One?
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

  8. #3503
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Woah there Aqualad did not take Superboy out with one shot. He took Superboy off his feet with one shot. There is a vast vast difference. He didn't KO or cripple him with a single shot from what I remember.

    Also how has the show shown them to be equal? When did this happen? Aqualad did ok against a Superboy who was fresh out of his pod..but still ended up losing and that is when he had backup so that surely isn't them being shown to be on equal footing. I'm also pretty sure Superboy ripped apart and threw tanks, so I then ask when Aqualad did anything of that sort? Or when did the guy show he had the strength to make those huge leaps Superboy makes? Or when did he show he was as durable as Superboy?

    The fact that Aqualad needed to be wearing a suit of powerful tech to do what he did probably should tell you something.
    I never said equal I just stated that Aqualad would not be vastly overwhelmed by Superboy's strength. Superboy can't even affect black beetle he clearly is not as powerful as in the comics.
    Last edited by maskedavenger; 01-06-2013 at 01:48 AM.

  9. #3504
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maskedavenger View Post
    I never said equal I just stated that Aqualad would not be vastly overwhelmed by Superboy's strength. Superboy can't even affect black beetle he clearly is not as powerful as in the comics.
    You said they were nearly on equal footing..which they aren't. Also you know scarab users in comics are actually pretty powerful right?(Or at least they were prior to the reboot) I don't think Superboys comic version could take one on successfully. Or if he could it wouldn't be easy.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  10. #3505
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I missed the episode, but got some of it off elsewhere.

    So Miss Martian beat everyone else (including Sportsmaster) to the punch'ing out of Aqualad because someone failed to give full disclosure to team mates) Mentally-Challenged Manta Boy is going to make Manta one heck of a mad dad out to turn a supposed green Martian black & blue... Artemis may well also be at risk since she's lost her partner in the game of ISpy....

    And they lost Mount Justice which undoubtedly had recently had its mortgage paid off.

    Good going, Nightwing. Did you learn nothing from Season One?
    Yep. Nightwing f***ed up big time.

    Is it just me or is the series treating the heroes like morons just so The Light can look good in comparison? That and whenever they do end up defeating The Light they just say"It's all part of the plan". Which to me sounds like a BS excuse so that The Light can remain as credible villains. Don't get me wrong I like a good villain but I don't want the hero to be treated as an idiot in the process.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  11. #3506
    Omnidisciplinary Nerd
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Yep. Nightwing f***ed up big time.

    Is it just me or is the series treating the heroes like morons just so The Light can look good in comparison? That and whenever they do end up defeating The Light they just say"It's all part of the plan". Which to me sounds like a BS excuse so that The Light can remain as credible villains. Don't get me wrong I like a good villain but I don't want the hero to be treated as an idiot in the process.
    yes. because freeing all their test subjects and utterly fooling them is not defeating the light. you people forget, just because the behind the scenes plot isn't taken down, the heroes still score TONS of victories. They save hundreds of lives. they stop crimes. Just because a group of young heroes can't completely derail a centuries old conspiracy run by some of the most intelligent people on the planet DOES NOT MAKE THEM MORONS!

  12. #3507
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    yes. because freeing all their test subjects and utterly fooling them is not defeating the light. you people forget, just because the behind the scenes plot isn't taken down, the heroes still score TONS of victories. They save hundreds of lives. they stop crimes.
    Those "victories" end up being very minor setbacks for the Light at best, and "all part of the plan" at worst, as they'll directly state so in the end of each episode.

    Just because a group of young heroes can't completely derail a centuries old conspiracy run by some of the most intelligent people on the planet DOES NOT MAKE THEM MORONS!
    They're morons because they stumble into every damn trap possible.

  13. #3508
    Omnidisciplinary Nerd
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Those "victories" end up being very minor setbacks for the Light at best, and "all part of the plan" at worst, as they'll directly state so in the end of each episode.



    They're morons because they stumble into every damn trap possible.
    so what if they're minor setbacks? lives still get saved. that's what matters

    name three traps they stumbled into

  14. #3509
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    yes. because freeing all their test subjects and utterly fooling them is not defeating the light. you people forget, just because the behind the scenes plot isn't taken down, the heroes still score TONS of victories. They save hundreds of lives. they stop crimes. Just because a group of young heroes can't completely derail a centuries old conspiracy run by some of the most intelligent people on the planet DOES NOT MAKE THEM MORONS!


    I don't care if The Light is based on the most intelligent group on the planet. It doesn't excuse the fact that every time they come close to taking down The Light it usually blows up in their face and their minor victories against them is always discredited as"It's all apart of The Light's plan".

    And your argument could have had some ground if their actions against The Light didn't come off one sided towards The Light's favor. Also you need to chill out. Nobody's telling you not to like the show. Just stating my opinion on it so feel free to like the show all you want
    Last edited by Legato; 01-06-2013 at 12:07 PM.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  15. #3510
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    so what if they're minor setbacks? lives still get saved. that's what matters

    name three traps they stumbled into
    Even if he did you're just going to attack him for saying something negative about a show you like. Even if his points sound reasonable
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •